Player behavior | Syracusefan.com

Player behavior

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
I think it’s been alluded to but our players are sometimes out of control , talking trash like we are a top 10 team . Chestnut needs to get under control , he’s going to get flagged for some of his BS , plus he’s getting torched all over the place .

He had QB on the Cunningham TD but came in with his hair on fire out of control , then he got completely toasted on one of the TD passes

Actually , I couldnt believe how bad we were “out-athleted “ in the pass game , how many times were their WR running with our guys chasing backs to the ball , with no shot at making a play

I'm not saying it's right for our players to do but this literally happens in EVERY college football game even when teams are getting blown out...Tash talk is not going to stop.
Overall college football secondary's are way behind offenses and you she DBs getting blown by a lot.
Chestnut did have a very bad game for his standards

its called coaching. again maybe the team was off because of the flu

when coach is mentioning not practicing in the leadup to the game because of the FLu you can expect there might be some issues. like the several games a yr that hockey teams have issues when Mono rolls thru a team.

I think it’s been alluded to but our players are sometimes out of control , talking trash like we are a top 10 team . Chestnut needs to get under control , he’s going to get flagged for some of his BS , plus he’s getting torched all over the place .

He had QB on the Cunningham TD but came in with his hair on fire out of control , then he got completely toasted on one of the TD passes

Actually , I couldnt believe how bad we were “out-athleted “ in the pass game , how many times were their WR running with our guys chasing backs to the ball , with no shot at making a play
Do you watch college football ????? No different from any other team in college football from Georgia to UConn and all in between. Not a fan of it but that’s the way it is.

Do you watch college football ????? No different from any other team in college football from Georgia to UConn and all in between. Not a fan of it but that’s the way it is.
I have always complained about it. Dancing after every tackle and celebrations after every 1st down. I appreciate Tucker more because of his celebration. Hand the ball to the ref, head butt a couple guys and run back to the sideline and sit down.

To your point its at every level of the sport and every team does it. DB pointed out he wouldn't personally do it and that he doesn't understand how they have all that energy to celebrate after every play. It isn't just football though. Almost all sports have annoying celebrations. Volleyball players essentially act like they scored a touchdown after every point. Its just todays culture. Its a very self centered culture we live in. Complaining about it is meaningless so I just stopped spending energy complaining about it.

Agree. Including the personal fouls.

That said, we just can't have the personal fouls. They are killers.

Its a generational thing that I don't get, but it doesn't bug me as I think the showboat who then ends up getting beat deep or whiffing on a tackle gets their karmic reward.

I do not and never will understand the celebrating, boasting look at me moments when your team is getting smoked.

I have always complained about it. Dancing after every tackle and celebrations after every 1st down. I appreciate Tucker more because of his celebration. Hand the ball to the ref, head butt a couple guys and run back to the sideline and sit down.

To your point its at every level of the sport and every team does it. DB pointed out he wouldn't personally do it and that he doesn't understand how they have all that energy to celebrate after every play. It isn't just football though. Almost all sports have annoying celebrations. Volleyball players essentially act like they scored a touchdown after every point. Its just todays culture. Its a very self centered culture we live in. Complaining about it is meaningless so I just stopped spending energy complaining about it.
Trash-talking goes back as far as humans. The Philistines were trash-talking David. The French knights trash-talked King Arthur and his knights before launching a dead cow at them.

Quite a bit

Its a generational thing that I don't get, but it doesn't bug me as I think the showboat who then ends up getting beat deep or whiffing on a tackle gets their karmic reward.

I do not and never will understand the celebrating, boasting look at me moments when your team is getting smoked.

As alluded to above, it is what it is. That being said, it's beyond ridiculous for such celebration on what are, for the most part, simply, routine and ordinary football plays. But, as also mentioned, unfortunately, it's today's culture. Bred my a generation of parents whom celebrated their offspring's routine achievements as if it was some huge accomplishment.

Quite a bit
my son is a freshman at Minnesota , I’ve been to 2 of their games and watched every other one , I don’t see the type of garbage I see from the syracuse players - I think fleck has control of what’s going on there, or from any of the teams in the big ten that they have played . Better coaches there by a mile

Quite a bit
Nice , then your aware. Score of the game, the fact that your hitting some one after a 26 yd gain doesn't matter anymore. All over college football.

my son is a freshman at Minnesota , I’ve been to 2 of their games and watched every other one , I don’t see the type of garbage I see from the syracuse players - I think fleck has control of what’s going on there, or from any of the teams in the big ten that they have played . Better coaches there by a mile
good for them

Nice , then your aware. Score of the game, the fact that your hitting some one after a 26 yd gain doesn't matter anymore. All over college football.
I’m not sure what this means

I’m not sure what this means
The real truth is that because were took to the woodshed, people are going to complain about everything little thing. I haven't watched a whole Gophers game but I have watched many, many other games. Syracuse is no better or worse then the rank and file of college football when it comes to trash talking .

Jim Brown no matter what kind of play, just slowly went back to the huddle, the same way every time.

lol safety comes up and lays the wood on a running back after he picks up a first down on a 15 yard run. Safety jumps up roars and pounds his chest. Yeah dude great hit but they actually won on that play.