2018-2019 2019-2020
Cooper .367 .285
Finklea .497 .480
Strautmane .433 .381
Tabdi .542 .510
Engstler .413 .397
Lewis .433 .389

Every returning player is shooting worse than last year. EVERY ONE
Arent these kids supposed to get better?
Tiana sure made everyone better

2018-2019 2019-2020
Cooper .367 .285
Finklea .497 .480
Strautmane .433 .381
Tabdi .542 .510
Engstler .413 .397
Lewis .433 .389

Every returning player is shooting worse than last year. EVERY ONE
Arent these kids supposed to get better?
Tiana sure made everyone better
Lewis is a volume shooter, not a point guard.
Without a good point guard the team is in trouble, and Lewis shoots poorly, and turns the ball over a lot. Hopefully Tiana comes back and Hillman brings in a couple of point guards, because Lewis can't do the job.

Lewis is the only one i give a pass to, given her increased role. She has increased her assists and rebounds also. she carries a very heavy load every game. It doesnt help when she is surrounded by players who have regressed. next year, incoming Cardosa and Williams will hopefully be ready immediately. Add Tiana back, they should be decent. But Q seems stuck on wanting to chuck threes, maybe he could recruit players that can actually make them.

Attempting the most 3s and making the lowest %age in the conference is not a winning formula. Add on the increased turnovers the ladies make, partly due to the frenetic pace and style Q likes them to play and partly to individual skills, and it becomes a VERY inefficient offense.

But as Jimmy says it’s all easy when the shots are falling.

Don’t get me wrong, Q’s system is very entertaining and I watch every game. Just don’t have the ultimate roster skills for it this season. I am pleased with the potential of Hyman and Washington. What’s the 411 on Alisha Lewis, the other frosh? And of course next years class is monster. LGO

Attempting the most 3s and making the lowest %age in the conference is not a winning formula. Add on the increased turnovers the ladies make, partly due to the frenetic pace and style Q likes them to play and partly to individual skills, and it becomes a VERY inefficient offense.

But as Jimmy says it’s all easy when the shots are falling.

Don’t get me wrong, Q’s system is very entertaining and I watch every game. Just don’t have the ultimate roster skills for it this season. I am pleased with the potential of Hyman and Washington. What’s the 411 on Alisha Lewis, the other frosh? And of course next years class is monster. LGO

You are reading my mind. They shoot 9th most threes nationally, but success rate is 272 nationally. Couldn't agree more. Q's brand is fun to watch, but the numbers aren't working anymore. I outlined some other stats vs. the 2015-2016 year in a prior post. The biggest difference wasn't that they hit more threes, or hit threes at a higher rate. The biggest difference was turnover margin. 2015-2016 created an extra 11 possessions a game compared to this years team. That team knew how to press and forced lots of turnovers. those extra possessions, in essence, allowed for a futile shooting percentage. This year they have a negative turnover margin, so they need to be more selective with their shooting. Q doesn't feel this way, and has said as much. Being stubborn to change to what 'this' group can do.

Hyman has talent, I like her too. Washington figures to see a lot less time next year with the new class and Tiana. No idea about Alisha.

"Paper don't refuse Ink" - Bill McCann, Your telling me Engstler and Stautamire aren't better than last year. Check this years schedule vs Last years 1st.. and see why %'s are down

Lewis is the only one i give a pass to, given her increased role. She has increased her assists and rebounds also. she carries a very heavy load every game. It doesnt help when she is surrounded by players who have regressed. next year, incoming Cardosa and Williams will hopefully be ready immediately. Add Tiana back, they should be decent. But Q seems stuck on wanting to chuck threes, maybe he could recruit players that can actually make them.
We have a very strong 3 point shooter, Brooke Alexander. Watch her in practice and warm ups. She came in with the highest shooting percentage on the team but has not played much in conference games. We have other good shooters. They need to play more and get points for us. Go NH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom