Players Tribune: Lonzo Ball, letter to his father | Syracusefan.com

Players Tribune: Lonzo Ball, letter to his father

In the beginning I was with most everyone else and the guy was a clown, but hell, who wouldn't want a dad who believed in you that much or a dad who is your biggest fan and supporter. His dad believes in him so much that the walked away from millions of dollars from shoe companies. How many kids can say their dad believes in them that much? How many of these kids don't even have dads in the picture. Props to to Papa Ball.

In the beginning I was with most everyone else and the guy was a clown, but hell, who wouldn't want a dad who believed in you that much or a dad who is your biggest fan and supporter. His dad believes in him so much that the walked away from millions of dollars from shoe companies. How many kids can say their dad believes in them that much? How many of these kids don't even have dads in the picture. Props to to Papa Ball.

I have no problem with believing in your son, but when you say stuff like your better than Jordan, and you sell your shoe for 500 bucks when you haven't even played one minute in the Nba, you look like an azzclown.

I have no problem with believing in your son, but when you say stuff like your better than Jordan, and you sell your shoe for 500 bucks when you haven't even played one minute in the Nba, you look like an azzclown.

I get it, but if there is one thing you can say about that, his sons names are out there.

This writeup definitely does give a different perspective of him and it's great to be so involved in his sons' lives and believe in them. But I would think he can believe in his sons without potentially alienating future employers and co-workers and basically putting a target on Lonzo's back before he's even drafted.

I think his antics have put added pressure on his son, and has unfortunately turned at least some of the public against him.

As for the shoe companies, hopefully the bridges weren't all burnt and the kid will still be able to sign a deal with one of them and get free shoes to play in. Because I have my doubts about that whole situation. The kid isn't even wearing the shoe for his pre draft workouts.

I get it, but if there is one thing you can say about that, his sons names are out there.

They would have been out there anyway, if your good enough your name will be out there.

They would have been out there anyway, if your good enough your name will be out there.

I do agree with this, and Lonzo probably is. The others are TBD but everybody sure knows who they are already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom