Playing Duke at CNS now official... | Syracusefan.com

Playing Duke at CNS now official...

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Syracuse vs Duke
Sunday, March 24, 2019 | 2:00 p.m.
Game Location TBD

TV: ESPNU

You can also watch online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

Duke vs. Syracuse

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

Seems Quint had his days messed up in his Top 20, he noted the game was on Sat at 2PM. Tough opponent to say the least so less then thrilled with the venue change but what can we do at this point?

Anybody know if moving the game to CNS will impact the ESPNU broadcast?

Just want to make sure that playing the game at CNS won't prevent it from being televised.

Thanks.

Anybody know if moving the game to CNS will impact the ESPNU broadcast?

Just want to make sure that playing the game at CNS won't prevent it from being televised.

Thanks.

Doesn't sound like it will.

Cluster fock for all , players and fans of both , the lax fan in general who enjoys watching . Hard to duplicate a lax game in the Dome whether in person or on tv. Such a colorful atmosphere with noise emanating from large crowds inside, great cameral angles delivering bright vivid closeups and fantastic replays. Plenty of televised games between very good teams but few are as pleasing to watch from a production standpoint and I highly doubt that televising this ACC matchup from CNS can come anywhere close to replicating.

Cluster fock for all , players and fans of both , the lax fan in general who enjoys watching . Hard to duplicate a lax game in the Dome whether in person or on tv. Such a colorful atmosphere with noise emanating from large crowds inside, great cameral angles delivering bright vivid closeups and fantastic replays. Plenty of televised games between very good teams but few are as pleasing to watch from a production standpoint and I highly doubt that televising this ACC matchup from CNS can come anywhere close to replicating.

As long as the camera is at an acceptable level and it won't be like trying to watch that mess that was ND/Maryland from a few weeks ago I can handle it.

Projected 50 and sunny it'll be a gorgeous day of lacrosse outside.

Well, the Women's Bracket leaked, and we are hosting Fri-Mon.

seating for how many ? honestly i don't mind standing and roaming.

seating for how many ? honestly i don't mind standing and roaming.
Enough. It is easily the biggest high school venue around. I would say it can sit 3,500 in the big bleachers and 500 on the visiting bleachers. Ironically enough, first time I ever saw Jamie Trimboli play, it was at CNS in the state semi's I believe.

Wondering when was the last time Syracuse hosted an outdoor lacrosse game? Decades ago at Coyne field?

Last edited:
Anyone know if they are gonna paint the field at least? Sort of an embarrassment to have the game at a high school on national tv

Anyone know if they are gonna paint the field at least? Sort of an embarrassment to have the game at a high school on national tv

Why would it be an embarrassment? It's just one game.
Most of the schools have rather small venue's (case in point Michigan who was just on TV).
Did you see any of the ND/MD game from a few weeks ago that was played in that tiny practice facility?
I guarantee this game will be a lot easy to watch than that was.

embarrassed ? did you say EMBARRRASSED ????
Uh... Um, here's the thing. against DUKE in a standard dome stadium , no, we don't come close. But... our boys outside on grass . in cicero in early spring... Could we make a game of it? depends on the rules.
Everybody here always says on north country frozen grass nobody beats us, right? Nobody.
Okay, well, you got a chance to prove it now. can we win? Shooting, passing, stick handling...
The truth? Except for Dordevic , nobody here comes close. but on frozen high school tundra ... it's all about sliding. and we can slide. two things we've always had in syracuse. our dignity and our illusions. well where's the dignity in not trying ? so if this duke game happens ...and it's only days away ... nobody beats us .

mystery-alaska-7.jpg

NOBODY!

Last edited:
Wonder which game will draw a larger crowd, SU women's basketball game or the SU duke lacrosse game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom