Playoffs | Syracusefan.com

Playoffs

They aren’t going to match Bama and UGA up in the semi’s.
They won't but they should. Michigan is ahead of Bama, which shows it's all a farce that they fix the games to their liking.

Final games should be set using BCS formula

Do what they are doing now to get to the final four then use old BCS formula for semi matchup

They aren’t going to match Bama and UGA up in the semi’s.
I agree but they should. Setting up a rematch in the semis guarantees they won't get one in the final. The least interesting possible championship game is Alabama/Georgia.

They won't but they should. Michigan is ahead of Bama, which shows it's all a farce that they fix the games to their liking.

Final games should be set using BCS formula

Do what they are doing now to get to the final four then use old BCS formula for semi matchup

Bama just beat #1 that should leap them to #1. But if we compare the resumes:

Bama: played 10 P5 games, 1 FCS game, and New Mexico State. Went 3-1 against the Top 25 with no road Ws.

Michigan: played 11 P5 games and zero FCS games. Went 2-1 against the Top 25 (maybe 3-1 if Wisconsin sneaks in). No road Top 25 Ws if Wisconsin not Top 25.

I think Bama should be punished for their OOC schedule and playing only 10 P5 games. Not that it matters who is #1 as the matchups will be the same. Unless they shock the world and leave UGA out for Baylor.

Rule no. 1 in college football is that the SEC makes the rules. Alabama will be no. 1.

Georgia will be around -9 vs. Michigan. Interesting. Such a big number.

1. Michigan 4. Georgia
2. Bama 3. Cincinnati

Normal week they don't drop Georgia past 3, but committee won't want a repeat. I don't know how you keep Michigan out of the 1 spot.

If the committee does pick Michigan #1, I hope they put Bama #3. There is no difference between 2 and 3. But the committee should send a message that the SEC only playing 9 P5 games (8 conference + 1 OOC) and an FCS game isn't acceptable. Bama is even worse as they had New Mexico State too. Change won't happen otherwise.

UGA lost on purpose to give Bama a false sense of security for the NCG. Also it is more money to the SEC having 2 teams.

Georgia will be around -9 vs. Michigan. Interesting. Such a big number.
I will POUNCE on Michigan when that becomes official.
UGA-UM should be a FG at best. I would make it close to pick em.

UGA doesn’t have anything close to the level of wins Michigan does.
I broke down UGA schedule earlier.

If they don’t go to Daniels I expect Michigan pressure to cause turnovers on Bennett.

UGA lost on purpose to give Bama a false sense of security for the NCG. Also it is more money to the SEC having 2 teams.
UGA would have wanted Alabama gone.

I know you are joking but Bama probably is the only team in the nation with more talent on its roster than Georgia.

Georgia will lose the NC because of their QB.

It’s so dumb how they have a good QB on their roster but was hurt against Clemson and Kirby won’t make the change.

I will POUNCE on Michigan when that becomes official.
UGA-UM should be a FG at best. I would make it close to pick em.

UGA doesn’t have anything close to the level of wins Michigan does.
I broke down UGA schedule earlier.

If they don’t go to Daniels I expect Michigan pressure to cause turnovers on Bennett.
Iowa's defense is not at the same level talent-wise as Georgia's defense, and Georgia's defense is better than the Iowa defense. But Iowa plays really good defense. The Hawkeye's defense is among the best in the country. Last night the Hawkeye's slowed down the Michigan offense for a while, but in the end Michigan found a way to move the ball without featuring Haskins and scored 42 points.

And Michigans' defense has been improving all season. Mike MacDonald is a young first-year DC who came from the NFL. He had a lot to learn and has adjusted to the college game week-by-week. Michigan's back-7 are getting off blocks better, tackling better, and they are approaching the point where they make interceptions on 50-50 balls. The Wolverine's front-4 are elite.

I think Michigan's defense plays at the same level or better than than the Bama defense thus far. Last night the Bulldogs' offense entered the SEC championship averaging 40.7 points per game, and they scored 24 points. Georgia moved the ball, but they scored 16 fewer points than average against Bama's good defense.

Michigan entered the B1G Championship giving up 17.2 point per game, and a week ago held Ohio State to 27 points. Michigan's 3 out-of-conference games: Western Michigan (good offense), Washington (bad offense), Northern Illinois (MAC champs with a decent offense). Michigan didn't play the likes of (Charleston Southern- Georgia) or (New Mexico State- Bama) in November nor at any other time during the season. And Michigan plays 9 conference games while Georgia and Bama play just 8 conference games. The extra conference game impacts the statistics. And Michigan played a brutal schedule during November as it should be.

Who would win a Georgia-Michigan matchup? Not sure. But being a 9-point dog against Georgia would be right in the Wolverines' wheelhouse.

I will take Alabama laying anything less than 17 against Cincinnati.

I will take Michigan over Georgia.

Alabama over Michigan.

Michigan is not going to run over Georgia. Their defensive line is very good. Mistakes could be the difference.

I will take Alabama laying anything less than 17 against Cincinnati.

I will take Michigan over Georgia.

Alabama over Michigan.

I’m seeing Bama -13.5 and Georgia -7.

I think UGA wins but I don’t know by how much. If Michigan tries to show up and play smash mouth I think it will be double digit UGA but I don’t know if they have the passing attack to take advantage like Bama.

Bama I think it’s ugly just a matter of if it’s quick or Cincinnati hangs around for a half. I don’t think giving Saban and his staff a month to get their guys healthy and game plan for a G5 team with I think one top 100 player on the roster is going to work out for Cincinnati.

I’m seeing Bama -13.5 and Georgia -7.

I think UGA wins but I don’t know by how much. If Michigan tries to show up and play smash mouth I think it will be double digit UGA but I don’t know if they have the passing attack to take advantage like Bama.

Bama I think it’s ugly just a matter of if it’s quick or Cincinnati hangs around for a half. I don’t think giving Saban and his staff a month to get their guys healthy and game plan for a G5 team with I think one top 100 player on the roster is going to work out for Cincinnati.
See the sugar bowl when Cincinnati was undefeated and played Tebow
In his last college game.

Bama will put a whooping on Cincinnati like 45-14 type of game.

Bama had the better resume and they had to separate Bama and uga
Yeah I thought Georgia would drop to 4 to keep the same matchup. Honestly final rank isn’t really relevant anything as matchups would have been same

Yeah I thought Georgia would drop to 4 to keep the same matchup. Honestly final rank isn’t really relevant anything as matchups would have been same
I think they wanted to send a message that weren't thrilled about having to.take Cincy.so they put them 4th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom