Poaching the MAC? | Syracusefan.com

Poaching the MAC?

1597166164427.gif

Syracuse needs talent. Whatever way we can get talent that isn’t illegal or awful character guys we should do.

If Julian Sams from Kent State enters the portal it would be a great get. That kid was super underrated coming out of Liberty High School in Bealton, VA

Assuming we play, do we even have the scholarship spots to make anything happen?

Feels slimy. We don’t know for sure that we’re even going to be playing games in 4 weeks so asking players to uproot and transfer schools and conferences to only have the same thing happen is a very real possibility.

Also what if ACC cancels tomorrow and Ole Miss and Miss St. start courting Andre Cisco and Trill? Goes both ways.

Feels slimy. We don’t know for sure that we’re even going to be playing games in 4 weeks so asking players to uproot and transfer schools and conferences to only have the same thing happen is a very real possibility.

Also what if ACC cancels tomorrow and Ole Miss and Miss St. start courting Andre Cisco and Trill? Goes both ways.
They should do what is in their best interest.

Plus a Syracuse degree is worth more than any MAC school’s degree.

Our undergrad ranking are better than the MAC schools.

It’s an education bump as well.

All players in this season should be doing what is in their own best interest.
If Cisco sits out the season for us it’s all good.

First point, it's also in the best interest of the kid who wants to keep playing and it's his shot to play at a higher level.

Second point, I'd expect nothing less. Which is another reason why it doesn't bother me.

Please. We need to move on from MAC level talent.

First point, it's also in the best interest of the kid who wants to keep playing and it's his shot to play at a higher level.

Second point, I'd expect nothing less. Which is another reason why it doesn't bother me.

Good on you for being rational about it. I have a feeling many of the people excited about the opportunity to improve our roster at the expense of another team that isn’t playing would be up in arms if one of our best players took that same opportunity if Syracuse or the entire ACC were to opt out.

What are the rules about this anyways? Would a player be able to transfer the week before school starts and be immediately eligible?

Didn't realize it would be that many potentially.

Interesting question:

If a players opts out (like Dawson), does he still count against the 85 for this season.

That would give us 6 open slots right now.

UB puts people in the draft almost annually. There’s no reason to refuse to acknowledge that the MAC has pro talent sprinkled about

For every Khalil Mack, there's a guy that can't cut it at the FBS level. I get everyone that commits to Syracuse (even PWOs) are diamonds in the rough to the board, but the staff can ill afford to grab just anyone if they're trying to compete in the ACC and make a high tier bowl.

Eh, I guess there’s some guys in the MAC that could help, but of bigger significance may be the looming B1G decision.

Ohio State just lost a 5 star guy today and there’s reports of coaches in the B1G already saying recruits have informed them of “being wary of a conference that doesn’t value football.”

I know we’ve certainly had to deal with the negative impacts of a shifting College Football landscape, but the B1G getting knocked down a peg, strictly football speaking, could help us.

What are the rules about this anyways? Would a player be able to transfer the week before school starts and be immediately eligible?

That depend$ on the $chool.

Apparently if you're BC, then YOU get a waiver, and YOU get a waiver.

I don't know if they'll have some type of new rule for players transferring out of schools that cancelled and into schools that didn't. I doubt it though.

For every Khalil Mack, there's a guy that can't cut it at the FBS level. I get everyone that commits to Syracuse (even PWOs) are diamonds in the rough to the board, but the staff can ill afford to grab just anyone if they're trying to compete in the ACC and make a high tier bowl.
There's always a risk, but since Dino is doing the evaluation ... not us, I like our chances.

That depend$ on the $chool.

Apparently if you're BC, then YOU get a waiver, and YOU get a waiver.

I don't know if they'll have some type of new rule for players transferring out of schools that cancelled and into schools that didn't. I doubt it though.

Outside of UConn, no schools have cancelled their seasons, only postponed until the spring so I don’t know if the transfer immediately rule would even apply.

It's the Khalil Mack, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown and Julian Edelman type players we would be poaching, not full rosters.