Points will come | Syracusefan.com

Points will come

the play calling also seemed a bit out of kilter once the game was out of reach. settled for FG to keep the energy high and more willing to run

Eventually, yards and points work itself out. Last year we scored without yards early and eventually luck runs out.

It's so nice to be waiting for it to work out in a good way for a change

He said we'll pass up on FGs for TDs when we need TDs. Last night he didn't need the TDs. Good to get the FG unit some work and confidence.

You can't possibly have any bodily fluids left.

He said we'll pass up on FGs for TDs when we need TDs. Last night he didn't need the TDs. Good to get the FG unit some work and confidence.

You can't possibly have any bodily fluids left.
None of my own. I celebrated

Eventually, yards and points work itself out. Last year we scored without yards early and eventually luck runs out.

We have some play-makers that we haven't had in a while, and some who haven't gotten a chance to show what they can do. Now that Riley, and Butler have used their red-shirt, lets replace Estime, and Fredericks on Kickoff returns with Butler, and Riley. Need to really put pressure on opponents right from the 1st Kickoff.

It is so refreshing to hear a coach upset about FGs. That was his first post game comment, we missed out on 16 points.

Old school - flipping field position = good, FG = better, TD = bonus.

New school - anything less than a TD is essentially failure.

It is so refreshing to hear a coach upset about FGs. That was his first post game comment, we missed out on 16 points.

Old school - flipping field position = good, FG = better, TD = bonus.

New school - anything less than a TD is essentially failure.

Agreed--loved the interview after the game where Babers mentioned that the team gave up 16 points by settling for field goals.

New mentality that is long overdue.

I believe you're right. Colgate, I know -- but for me, the visual evidence of guys being open every play suggests we'll move the ball far easier than in previous years. Marked contrast to what we were subjected to with the three previous coaching staffs, where most years guys couldn't get open, those edge pass plays never went for positive yardage, etc.

Can't wait to see how we open things up and work the middle when teams start cheating to take away those outside plays. When Dungey shows that he can use the entire field, we're going to be really dangerous offensively.

Quite a few geniuses didn't understand that last year.

Quite a few geniuses didn't understand that last year.

It didn't take a genius to recognize that our problem with yardage / points was directly tied to Dungey missing huge chunks of last season, sandwiched around ED having to come in cold game 1 and us playing top defensive clubs in LSU and Clemson with a walk on QB.

Obvious data skewing reasons that you were oblivious to because it didn't fit your anti-Shafer agenda.

If Dungey doesn't miss 4.5 games, scoring and yardage would have both been better. Maybe even to the point where we could have gotten to bowl eligibility.

That said, things work out for the best. Couldn't be happier with this hire, and the circumstances that led to us landing Babers.

Last edited:
It didn't take a genius to recognize that our problem with yardage / points was directly tied to Dungey missing huge chunks of last season, sandwiched around ED having to come in cold game 1 and us playing top defensive clubs in LSU and Clemson with a walk on QB.

Obvious data skewing reasons that you were oblivious to because it didn't fit your anti-Shafer agenda.

If Dungey doesn't miss 4.5 games, scoring and yardage would have both been better. Maybe even to the point where we could have gotten to bowl eligibility.

That said, things work out for the best. Couldn't be happier with this hire, and the circumstances that led to us landing Babers.

No it wasn't, the offense was a problem even when he was healthy.

I was so off target I was 100% correct.

No it wasn't, the offense was a problem even when he was healthy.

I was so off target I was 100% correct.

Just stop. Dungey missing time early last year skewed the data that you were predicatively misinterpreting early on. If he hadn't gotten injured, both yards / scoring would have statistically normalized and debunked your prediction. You backed into being correct only after Dungey missed more than a third of the season, preventing the offense from ever gaining any continuity.

But a broken clock is accidentally right twice per day, so kudos on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom