points... | Syracusefan.com

points...

BillSU

All American
Some observations:

Abdul Adams, Jarveon Howard, Tyrell Richards, Dakota Davis, T DeVito, Andre Cisco, Eric Coley, all key players for this team have opted out, or been injured. That sucks but it is what it is.

No one has been able to replace Alton Robinson or Kendall Coleman's talent.

A new Defensive scheme 3-3-5 is being implemented. It takes time to learn.

A new OC is running that new show. Ditto. IMHO you can't institute both in a type of season like this and expect to win many games unless you have a lot of experienced players with ability.

Obviously the D can't stop the run either due to their ability and talent and aren't big enough or agile enough to stop opposing running backs, they just scoot right through our line unless our players MAKE UP THEIR MINDS TO STOP THE RUN.

Today Culpepper laid one right into the Hands of Harris and the Hands of Harris dropped a perfectly thrown ball. NOT!!!! At this level you must catch that ball. If he's our best receiver, and he is, no excuses - because of his speed he separates himself from the D back every play. He should have had one to two more touchdowns today.

Sidebar: Harris knows where his middle finger will be placed if he tries that stunt again. Up his a$$.

Say what you want about the O line. When Tucker, a back who is going to be a very, very good one for us gets the ball he gets yards - someone is blocking. We need more and better.

One minute I see a team that works together the other I see a team that looks like they do not know what they are supposed to do.

The game after TD and Cisco was going to be a let down and it was.

Thank goodness for Trill Williams.

Thought Babers might at least try the kid from Texas for a series?? Ever check out his stats on cuse.com?

Good thing this is a really F***** UP season which due to the VIRUS. Everyone will get an extra year because we need it if just to assimilate the new schemes due to lack of practice time. YEA NCAA!

IMO, If we don't get a QB with the talent of a D McNabb/E. Dungey, (my bad), we will be saying wait until next year, forever.

Go ahead beat the s*** out of my comment I don't care this season is done boys and girls. :)

I see us running empty the rest of the way. Too bad.

Last edited:
Some observations:

Abdul Adams, Jarveon Howard, Tyrell Richards, Dakota Davis, T DeVito, Andre Cisco, Eric Coley, all key players for this team have opted out, or been injured. That sucks but it is what it is.

A new OC is running that new show. Ditto. IMHO you can't institute both in a type of season like this and expect to win many games unless you have a lot of experienced players with ability.

Obviously the D can't stop the run either due to their ability and talent and aren't big enough or agile enough to stop opposing running backs, they just scoot right through our line unless our players MAKE UP THEIR MINDS TO STOP THE RUN.

Today Culpepper laid one right into the Hands of Harris and the Hands of Harris dropped a perfectly thrown ball. NOT!!!! At this level you must catch that ball. If he's our best receiver, and he is, no excuses - because of his speed he separates himself from the D back every play. He should have had one to two more touchdowns today.

Sidebar: Harris knows where his middle finger will be placed if he tries that stunt again. Up his a$$.

Say what you want about the O line. When Tucker, a back who is going to be very, very good one for us gets the ball he gets yards - someone is blocking. We need more and better.

One minute I see a team that works together the other I see a team that looks like they do not know what they are supposed to do.

Thought Babers might at least try the kid from Texas for a series?? Ever check out his stats on cuse.com?

Good thing this is a really F***** UP season which due to the VIRUS. Everyone will get an extra year because we need it if just to assimilate the new schemes due to lack of practice time. YEA NCAA!

IMO, If we don't get a QB with the talent of a D McNabb we will be sayin wait until next year, forever. Who knows maybe the kid from Texas is it sitting on the bench????

Go ahead beat the s*** out of my comment i don't care this season is done boys and girls. :)

We need another excellent QB like McNabb really, really, badly or we are going to be saying wait until next year forever.
Eric Dungey? You do realize that we had a QB that led us to a 10 win season against great competition just two years ago.

Eric Dungey? You do realize that we had a QB that led us to a 10 win season against great competition just two years ago.

I was just going to say say, you need a guy who is least a gamer and can make plays. Sure the guy didn't have a rocket arm or run a 4.4 but the guy had moxy, made things happen and seemed like he actually knew the playbook...lol

Reactions: FAL
as opposed to 3 games? You love your son and that is great. But Eric Dungey is head and shoulders the best QB this school has had in 20 years. And it isn't close
All he was saying is that dungey won 8 games in that season, not 10

yes,that is correct and he was NOT a pocket pro style passer. you do realize that dino wants a prostyle pocket passer. my bias for a dual threat qb is showing.

as opposed to 3 games? You love your son and that is great. But Eric Dungey is head and shoulders the best QB this school has had in 20 years. And it isn't close
I get it. And he is right. But I am right as well. Dungey was a great QB. and the type we need because he can evade the invading hordes that come rushing past our O-line.
Ed didn’t play with the 2019 roster you have no idea how it would have went for him
Every year is different in 2018 it was a much better roster on O not even close .

Ed didn’t play with the 2019 roster you have no idea how it would have went for him
Every year is different in 2018 it was a much better roster on O not even close .
That is true. And that wasn't a knock on TD. I think he would benefit with a different cast. Having said that, I saw Eric for 4 years, and he didn't exactly play with the 2007 patriots. He beat Clemson carrying the team on his back.

yes,that is correct and he was NOT a pocket pro style passer. you do realize that dino wants a prostyle pocket passer. my bias for a dual threat qb is showing.
I do realize that and I am with you to say the least. when we have been good, my entire fandom, well over 45 years, we have always had duel threat QB's. Always.

Doesn't look like Lamson is a pocket QB.

Don't do that. We are all on the same team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do that. We are all on the same team.

Well he can call out other players on the team but he can never take criticism of Tommy or say he can play better. It's always someone's else's fault or play calling etc.

I know. But he loves his kid. That isn't a fault.

Then maybe just maybe should keep his "thoughts" off the board and don't post. Not sure at all what positive effect some his thoughts bring to the table. Because he is a parent his thoughts bare more weight than us regular joe schmoes.

Some observations:

Say what you want about the O line. When Tucker, a back who is going to be very, very good one for us gets the ball he gets yards - someone is blocking. We need more and better.

IMO, If we don't get a QB with the talent of a D McNabb we will be sayin wait until next year, forever. Who knows maybe the kid from Texas is it sitting on the bench????

Go ahead beat the s*** out of my comment i don't care this season is done boys and girls. :)

We need another excellent QB like McNabb really, really, badly or we are going to be saying wait until next year forever.

I never expected this season would go well with the opt outs, the injuries, and the lack of practice time with new coaches/systems, plus covid. So once I recognized this, the season became more about watching the young guys develop. Next year will be better, the year after will be amazing.

Well, it is close. Nassib never got hurt and Dungey missed many games because of his recklessness. Love the guy but he was not always available and Nassib was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom