Police raid apartment of Florida State QB Deondre Francois | Syracusefan.com

Police raid apartment of Florida State QB Deondre Francois

Eric15

Living Legend
"Tallahassee police conducted surveillance on Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois for two months, operating on a tip that he was selling marijuana, but a raid of the player's apartment on Thursday yielded less than an ounce of marijuana, the Orlando Sentinel reported."

Report: Police raid apartment of FSU's Francois

Two months of police surveillance to bust some pot dealing seems like an efficient use of taxpayer funds.
But if they didn't they would be accussed of preferential treatment.

The real issue is whether the NCAA can complete their investigation before he is ready to collect Social Security. It's not like FSU has self reported this they have that giant hurdle to cross before they can get to the meat of the investigation.

You know what would help stop players selling drugs? Paying them money for the work they do for the University.

"Tallahassee police conducted surveillance on Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois for two months, operating on a tip that he was selling marijuana, but a raid of the player's apartment on Thursday yielded less than an ounce of marijuana, the Orlando Sentinel reported."

Report: Police raid apartment of FSU's Francois

Two months of police surveillance to bust some pot dealing seems like an efficient use of taxpayer funds.

That the police in Tallahassee aren’t in on it is kind of a miracle. Francois must have ticked off the wrong booster

This could carry over into the fall.
giphy (3).gif

But seriously... Is there still a 1 year ban on first drug offense?

There are two likely scenarios here:

1.) They didn't find anything because it was an incompetent investigation that wasted taxpayer dollars and two months worth of police work.
2.) They didn't find anything because he got tipped off ahead of time and relocated his stash before the raid.

I'm not sure which scenario is more likely, but I also wouldn't go off just assuming that it was a waste of time by the police if they had some real evidence that there was a drug-dealing operation going on. However, if their only evidence was that this dude and his friends liked to smoke weed occasionally, then yeah, waste of time and money.

You know what would help stop players selling drugs? Paying them money for the work they do for the University.
What about just being a good person. I didn't make squat in college. I certainly wasn't given the free food the football players get, or the free education. Selling weed never crossed my mind.

There are two likely scenarios here:

1.) They didn't find anything because it was an incompetent investigation that wasted taxpayer dollars and two months worth of police work.
2.) They didn't find anything because he got tipped off ahead of time and relocated his stash before the raid.

I'm not sure which scenario is more likely, but I also wouldn't go off just assuming that it was a waste of time by the police if they had some real evidence that there was a drug-dealing operation going on. However, if their only evidence was that this dude and his friends liked to smoke weed occasionally, then yeah, waste of time and money.
Or 3) they found more but reported a smaller amount.

Nah. How many FSU students are surveiled for 2 months over weed? Complete waste of time and money.

Agreed. Luckily the police weren't surveying that closet on the second floor room of the house I lived in for two years at Syracuse.

Agreed. Luckily the police weren't surveying that closet on the second floor room of the house I lived in for two years at Syracuse.
Why? What did you have in there?