Sept. 2 vs. Central Connecticut State W
Sept. 9 vs. Middle Tennessee W
Sept. 16 vs. Central Michigan W
Sept. 23 at LSU L

ACC home games: Boston College W, Clemson L, Pittsburgh L, Wake Forest W
ACC away games:
Florida State L, Louisville L, Miami L , NC State L

Yup 5 wins isnt unreasonable. Schedule is too darn tough

I think we beat Pitt, otherwise agree with all of your picks. 6-6.

Wins:
CCSU
MTSU
CMU
BC
Pitt
WF
NCSU

7-5

If the defense is just bad instead of horrendous I think they could upset Miami as well. That win over Va Tech in year 1 showed the potential of where this is heading. LSU, FSU, Clemson and probably UL are losses next year - everyone else I like SU's chances.

We should do a poll 2 weeks before the season where you predict the record of the orange, the results of each game, and how many points Syracuse scores in it - throw $10 bucks in for your entry - and the poster with the most accurate season outlook (without bowl play) wins the pot. Why not?

This is a great idea. Up to the mods if they want to allow that.

I'm in if someone is willing to run it.

Are we sure we can't beat LSU with Ed Orgeron coaching them and no Fournette? I feel like that could be one of those games we beat a very undisciplined SEC team.

I'm going with 8 wins. If we don't get there i'll be somewhat concerned on where this is heading. We have the schedule to win some games and w Dino's system in place, we need to take off now.

I have between 6-8 wins.

Here are the things that must get better, that I think will take a step:
- Running the ball
- DL
- Secondary
- O offsides

I also like this chart:

Wins:
CCSU
MTSU
CMU
BC
WF
NCSU

6-6

I wouldn't be shocked if we won Pitt if I had to pick another game, but with our recent history against them, I'm not picking it outright.

I think we beat Pitt, otherwise agree with all of your picks. 6-6.

I think we are solid favorites for 5 games, and the toss up games are Pitt and NC State. We need one of those for a bowl.

I think we are solid favorites for 5 games, and the toss up games are Pitt and NC State. We need one of those for a bowl.
fair enough.

Dino has also proven that he can pull a big upset.

it would be nice to run the table on those 5, add those 2 and...shock the world!!

fair enough.

Dino has also proven that he can pull a big upset.

it would be nice to run the table on those 5, add those 2 and...shock the world!!

I agree with that. But on the other hand, there can be FTW losses, like Wake this year in the hurricane, and like P used to make a habit of.

absolutely. solid favorite 5 games, big underdog 5 games. Pitt and NC State can go either way.

SU never beats Pitt, it doesn't matter the year. Its a law or something.

I know, I figure it has to turn soon enough, and the last two games at the Dome against them went down to the last play. it's our time. We can't beat NC State either, and we will have to beat them or Pitt to get to six wins, it just has to happen against one of them!

I have between 6-8 wins.

Here are the things that must get better, that I think will take a step:
- Running the ball
- DL
- Secondary
- O offsides

I also like this chart:

My thoughts as well.

Here is how I break the schedule down:

BET THE HOUSE ON SYRACUSE
Central Connecticut State

ADVANTAGE SYRACUSE
Middle Tennessee
Central Michigan
Boston College

COIN FLIP
Wake Forest

ADVANTAGE OPPONENT
@ NC State
Pittsburgh

MAJOR ADVANTAGE OPPONENT
@ LSU
Clemson
@ Miami

BET THE HOUSE ON OPPONENT
@ Florida State
@ Louisville

ANALYSIS: This is going to be a tough schedule to find 6 wins unless we see serious improvement from last year. I really, really hope we do, and if so we should go 5-7 at the very least. Getting off to a 3-0 start is absolutely essential, if we don't do it that points to a very tough road ahead afterwards, and getting one of @ NC State/vs. Pittsburgh is important to getting to 6-6. I think we'll have something for Wake Forest in the dome, I don't believe they are better than us at all. I think 7-5 is likely the ceiling, if we can win any of the bottom five games it would be a statement victory. Hopefully we get one!

8-6

CCSU, MTS, BC, Pitt, UL (Yes UL), NCSU, Wake and whoever the sacrificial lamb is in our bowl game.

8-6

CCSU, MTS, BC, Pitt, UL (Yes UL), NCSU, Wake and whoever the sacrificial lamb is in our bowl game.
you have us losing to central michigan at home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom