• totally ok, due to past history

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • leaving to go to Walmart to buy a rake

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I left early and I usually never do but I had a 5 1/2 hour drive that night to my motel on the way back to Florida. The air absolutely got sucked out of the Dome and it felt like we just blew it. I will learn from my mistakes and move forward. I let the team down but I also had to factor in my drive over the mountains of PA.

It definitely felt like a here we go again moment.

Too bad Howard left. Lutz has ball security issues. The fumble against Liberty with the miracle bounce back into his hands is yet another example.
Yes, that was one time the odds landed in our favor. We could've used Jarveon for sure. I expect he'll end up at some place like WKU, USM, UAB or USA.

I was shocked people left with the amount of time that was left and with the TOs left and only being a 1td game.

A quick three and out and we would have the ball back…just didn’t make sense for me that people were leaving.

Then the dome got really loud after the TD and trying to get the play in.

Sometimes I wonder about the football IQ that is in the dome

Most of the people in our section left at that moment and my wife was asking me why considering there was still ample time left on the clock. They wound up missing the best Cuse TD of the game.

I agree, it just didn’t make sense.

a lot of time I understand, this time didn’t….

oh well, let’s get Clemson on Friday and all of a sudden a lot of chatter around this program will change!

I agree, it just didn’t make sense.

a lot of time I understand, this time didn’t….

oh well, let’s get Clemson on Friday and all of a sudden a lot of chatter around this program will change!
Absolutely, this team feels like it’s on the cusp of completely turning around. Just need to finish these close ones now.

It definitely felt like a here we go again moment.

Too bad Howard left. Lutz has ball security issues. The fumble against Liberty with the miracle bounce back into his hands is yet another example.
Unfortunately, I expected a fumble or Int. Called it in the game thread. I've seen the movie before.

I wouldn't have left. The game tying TD for OT? A completely new movie; until the plot returned to normal. Can't wait for the alternate ending to come out.

I left early and I usually never do but I had a 5 1/2 hour drive that night to my motel on the way back to Florida. The air absolutely got sucked out of the Dome and it felt like we just blew it. I will learn from my mistakes and move forward. I let the team down but I also had to factor in my drive over the mountains of PA.
I was with my sister in law and my niece. Neither are very big football fans, and I think both mostly came for the tailgate and to get a look at the dome renovations. They both cheered all game long and were good sports.

When Lutz fumbled, I told them 'listen, our chances of winning just went to less than 5%. I am okay with leaving now if you want. You have been very patient sitting through a game in a sport I know you don't like, and I have no issues heading back and getting you home now'.

My sister-in-law, bless her heart, surprised me. She said 'no, let's stay and see what happens. If they have a chance, we should wait it out. Don't you agree? (looking at my niece and me).

My niece agreed with her. I didn't argue and thank god she felt that way. Yes, the end of the game stunk but that was a epic drive to tie it, even if the failed attempt to even get the play off to win the game with a 2 point conversion was an epic failure.

I don't blame those that left. I bet we have failed to even get the ball back in that situation 19 of 20 times. Hope we all learned a lesson and will be more loyal fans in the future.

We left a Yankees game in the top of the 9th to go back to the bus to beat the crowd, Yankees were losing by like 4 or 5 runs and a comeback seemed unlikely. Well, they did comeback
and Thurman Munson hit a bases cleary triple, which made him hit for the cycle that day, and the Yanks won. We were listening to the game on the bus radio and the stadium was a couple blocks away, that was kinda cool in itself, being in the Bronx and all and hearing the stadium erupt and then hearing it on the radio.

I stopped worrying about when people leave or even if they come to the games at all. If they buy a ticket, that is supporting the program enough in my view. How people want to spend their time and why is not something I judge. So in answer to the poll question - anyone who bought a ticket, great job.

i won't judge. i've never once left early. as far as traffic goes i play the opposite hand. i hang around and chat with fans from both teams then mosey down the hill to PHOEBES til the traffic clears. slow roll.

I was shocked people left with the amount of time that was left and with the TOs left and only being a 1td game.

A quick three and out and we would have the ball back…just didn’t make sense for me that people were leaving.

What is there to wonder about? Most fans don't really have a clue about the game itself. That's pretty obvious.

My father and I stayed. I had a feeling the defense was going to step up.

At least in that spot. OT is another story, blah.

I was at the WVU game in 1987. When WVU scored a go ahead touchdown with less than 5 minutes left in the game there was a mass exodus.
Those of us who stayed were treated to the Don McPherson led touchdown and 2 point conversion for the win.
I heard that as SU moved down the field on the final drive people were unsuccessfully trying to get back in the dome.
They shoulda stayed.

I was at the WVU game in 1987. When WVU scored a go ahead touchdown with less than 5 minutes left in the game there was a mass exodus.
Those of us who stayed were treated to the Don McPherson led touchdown and 2 point conversion for the win.
I heard that as SU moved down the field on the final drive people were unsuccessfully trying to get back in the dome.
They shoulda stayed.

Im going to assume that might have been the case last Friday too.

After we scored I noticed a ton of people standing in the concourse trying to watch again..which at least is better than fully leaving the dome and trying to come back in

i won't judge. i've never once left early. as far as traffic goes i play the opposite hand. i hang around and chat with fans from both teams then mosey down the hill to PHOEBES til the traffic clears. slow roll.
I usually stay in the Fine Lot for 30 mins listening to epic JeremyCuse rants or Victory celebrations. So I agree

I’ll admit, I left. Pissed at myself. Was so frustrated at turnover I could not control my emotions. Only other game I left was a Rutgers game in the Gerg era

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom