Poll: Celtics in the market for Paul George | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Celtics in the market for Paul George

Should the Celts include the Nets pick in a package for Paul George?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oráiste

2017 Iggy Award Winner
this is a tough call; I think I'd keep the pick

Abso--lutely

He's only 26 years old and has considerable experience against Lebron. Unselfish player who would complement Thomas, Crowder and Horford very well. Great defender as well. Great rebounder, plays way above the rim.

I see no downside.

I hate Boston; this is a no brainer for them. Lonzo Ball might be the next great player; the Celtics may not even get a s hot at him. And Paul George IS a great player.

Only downside is you could lose him netx summer. If I thought I had a chance to lock him up, you do it every time.

Already have the 2nd best guard in the East (Kyrie being the first imo).

Lonzo Ball may be a generational talent but we're in the business of hanging banners. Getting George this year gives us a great chance against a battered Cavs team to at least have a shot.

here's a story that's going around LA: Magic Johnson has been tracking Lonzo Ball this season. He went to Pauley Pavilion for the Stanford game, where Ball was brilliant, then called Jeannie Buss. They had dinner a week or so later and set things in motion.

The implication is that Magic wanted to get involved only because of what he sees in Lonzo and the Lakers' very good chance of being able to land him.

Abso--lutely

He's only 26 years old and has considerable experience against Lebron. Unselfish player who would complement Thomas, Crowder and Horford very well. Great defender as well. Great rebounder, plays way above the rim.

I see no downside.

The downside is the Pacers apparently want Crowder and Bradley. Add George to the Celtics, they're still not beating the Cavs.

The downside is the Pacers apparently want Crowder and Bradley. Add George to the Celtics, they're still not beating the Cavs.

They can have Bradley. Crowder would hurt but George is an immediate upgrade.

They can have Bradley. Crowder would hurt but George is an immediate upgrade.
Love him. And love how he's come back from a devastating injury.

He's still not enough to get the Celtics past Cleveland.

Love him. And love how he's come back from a devastating injury.

He's still not enough to get the Celtics past Cleveland.

Agree if it's a 100% healthy Cleveland. No shot.

I don't know if they'll be healthy though.

Agree if it's a 100% healthy Cleveland. No shot.

I don't know if they'll be healthy though.

If you're referring to Love and JR, they'll be fine by Tax Day -- the start of the playoffs. JR's working out, they'll let Love take his time coming back, they'll be one healthy crew -- as long as, poo poo, heaven forbid, nobody else gets hurt. particularly two guys whose names I dare not utter.

Moot point now; Wojnarowski reporing the Pacers have pulled him off the table

The trade deadline was incredibly underwhelming once again.

Well, Fultz or Ball will look good in green.

They could still move the pick around the draft. Could have more value (or less, depending where it ends up. duh)

The big trade(s) already happened, tough to top Cousins
yeah, I think it was a very consequential deadline. A top 10 player gets moved & GSW will now have to face a formidable front line in the 1st round; Houston gets much stronger and is ready to take it to the Warriors; Toronto adds Ibaka and Tucker and are at least a credible contender to Cleveland in the East. I like the way this sets up the post season.

yeah, I think it was a very consequential deadline. A top 10 player gets moved & GSW will now have to face a formidable front line in the 1st round; Houston gets much stronger and is ready to take it to the Warriors; Toronto adds Ibaka and Tucker and are at least a credible contender to Cleveland in the East. I like the way this sets up the post season.

N.O. might have the worst 4th best player to 10th best player roster in basketball. They are zero threat to GS right now in my opinion. Going forward, they've got a couple great building blocks. If they can upgrade the rest of that roster, then they could give GS problems in the future.

N.O. might have the worst 4th best player to 10th best player roster in basketball. They are zero threat to GS right now in my opinion. Going forward, they've got a couple great building blocks. If they can upgrade the rest of that roster, then they could give GS problems in the future.
I don't think they are a threat to GSW, who is going to roll to the WCF. What I was saying was that the Pellies Twin Towers might give them more of a challenge then any of the other 8 seed contenders, all of whom are going to get smacked down easily.

Of course, I wrote that before seeing them lose 3 straight with their new lineup :bat:

I don't think they are a threat to GSW, who is going to roll to the WCF. What I was saying was that the Pellies Twin Towers might give them more of a challenge then any of the other 8 seed contenders, all of whom are going to get smacked down easily.

Of course, I wrote that before seeing them lose 3 straight with their new lineup :bat:

Their starting SG and SF last night were Hollis Thompson and Solomon Hill. Brutal.

Their starting SG and SF last night were Hollis Thompson and Solomon Hill. Brutal.

I checked their box score in the middle of the third last night and their third leading scorer had like 7 points. Jrue Holiday has sucked the last 3 games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom