Poll: Season Tickets | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Season Tickets

My Season Tickets For Next Year?

• Will Buy For First Time

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Will Buy Again after not buying last season(s)

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Will Buy Less Tix

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Will Buy Same or More Tix

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
So assuming SU keeps their prices in line with last year on a per game basis. How are you feeling about next season?

Multiple Responses Are Allowed.

First year in 30 years no one in the family bought seasons (I took over the reigns two years ago) due to the birth of my son.

Will be buying seasons again starting this coming season.

I've had the same seats since Opening Day 1980 ... and my Uncle had seats at Archbold since 1950.

They haven't gotten rid of me yet.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get up to CNY for more than one game next season, so I'll probably renew my food stamp seats, pick the one game that best fits my schedule, then sell the rest to board member(s). Hopefully we get at least one of Florida State, Miami, or Virginia Tech. Those are the games I'd most like to see at the Dome.

If I renewed this season with only five home games, I can't imagine why I wouldn't renew with an awesome ACC schedule coming up next year.

I'vehad the same seats since Opening Day 1980 ... and my Uncle had seats at Archbold since 1950.

They haven't gotten rid of me yet.
I've also had my tickets since Opening Day 1980. I buy four and my wife (not SU grad) and I bring two people with us from the Albany area. During GROB years, getting someone to make the trip with us got tougher and tougher. Ate alot of the third and fourth tickets but my wife and I have always been there.

Orange football is in my blood. I have never considered not renewing my tickets. They're not getting rid of me either!

I used this year's buying opportunity to snag a couple of great seats.
I'll definitely be holding on to them next year.
I only come up for 1 or 2 games a year, and that will likely continue next year.

Road trips to Northwestern and Clemson/FSU and possibly one in NC are on the agenda as well.

I've been the ring leader of a crew in the cheap seats since they started them - seven years?

I have been the one constant ticket holder throughout, but the exact numbers have gone up and down.

We have mostly locals but do have a couple from NYC.

I imagine our numbers will be up this coming season - typically the newbies have gotten hooked on the tailgates and then signed up the following year.

I'm hoping they revamp the whole donation and ticket structure. I may drop 2 and just buy 4. Getting expensive and with the kids sports I rarely use all 6.

I do know 1 couple that are dropping their 2 seasons and will just buy tixs for the best couple games. They call it the NJ factor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Historically, I just buy single game tix. Will be "investing" in a few season passes this coming year.

I'm hoping they revamp the whole donation and ticket structure. I may drop 2 and just buy 4. Getting expensive and with the kids sports I rarely use all 6.

I do know 1 couple that are dropping their 2 seasons and will just buy tixs for the best couple games. They call it the NJ factor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What's the NJ factor? I moved to NJ 12 years ago from Atlanta and purchased season tix when I got there. I've made it to the majority of games, even during the era of He Who Shall Not Be Named. I was even able to swing a few road games as well. I'm renewing my tix as well as my Fine Lot pass. Nothing like breakfast sandwiches and football shaped jello shots to get pumped for a game!

What's the NJ factor? I moved to NJ 12 years ago from Atlanta and purchased season tix when I got there. I've made it to the majority of games, even during the era of He Who Shall Not Be Named. I was even able to swing a few road games as well. I'm renewing my tix as well as my Fine Lot pass. Nothing like breakfast sandwiches and football shaped jello shots to get pumped for a game!

Bees heard people from New Jersey were buying season tickets so he decided to give them up and encourage his neighbors to do the same. He's not a big fan of you people. Wants to sell you to Canada.

I do agree with him that I hope they take a nice long look at the donation pricing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's the one thing Gross hasn't touched. And it's the one section of seats that he inherited more empty than full.

Bees heard people from New Jersey were buying season tickets so he decided to give them up and encourage his neighbors to do the same. He's not a big fan of you people. Wants to sell you to Canada.

I do agree with him that I hope they take a nice long look at the donation pricing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's the one thing Gross hasn't touched. And it's the one section of seats that he inherited more empty than full.

They eliminated a bunch of preferred seats a few years ago. Preferred used to extend up to Row XX in the 300's, now I think it cuts off at Row Q.

Problem is convincing people to pay $205 for non-preferred seats between the 30's when they can get endzone seats for $99 or corners for $125. Since there isn't a bad seat in the house, people always take the cheapest option.

Considering buying season tix here from NJ. .. won't be able to get to every game but thinking 3 is possible

SU should create a two-ticket package for NYC area fans who plan to attend the MetLife game. Let them get a discount on a specific Dome game.

Considering buying season tix here from NJ. .. won't be able to get to every game but thinking 3 is possible

My advice buy a pair of Food Stamp Tix or upper corners...Use the ones you need...sell the others here. Pretty easy to peddle tix for $20 each. I'd also buy a parking pass on the Hill (doesn't have to be Stadium West). If you sell a pair of tix with a parking pass...they will go faster...might even get a premium for a better game.

I expect we'll do another season long ticket selling thread.

I've also had my tickets since Opening Day 1980. I buy four and my wife (not SU grad) and I bring two people with us from the Albany area. During GROB years, getting someone to make the trip with us got tougher and tougher. Ate alot of the third and fourth tickets but my wife and I have always been there.

Orange football is in my blood. I have never considered not renewing my tickets. They're not getting rid of me either!

Are you out in the Albany area too?

I had to stop getting them this season because it was tough coming home from school in Albany every Saturday. Had them through some tough times and of course when things are looking up, I'm living out of town

We have had 8 in the $99 seats for a good number of years now. I cannot justify spending more money for premium seats when I think the view from the 3rd deck is perfect. I used to sit on the 25 and I like these just as well spending $150 less per ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By my calculation, my Dad (RIP) or I have had seasons for 45 of the last 55 years. The interruptions coming when I was away at school, Dad's health was failing, or kids' sports schedules predominated. Even in the 10 "lost" years always made some individual games.

For me, I accept the fact that some hard core fans have to come & go for a variety of reasons. It's at the macro level we have to see growth. Now, myself & sons are at every game in section 115 standing & high fiving at inappropriate times (it ain't church honey). (Still working on wife & daughter.). Looking to the future, they'll have to pry my season tickets out of my dead hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SU should create a two-ticket package for NYC area fans who plan to attend the MetLife game. Let them get a discount on a specific Dome game.

Oh sure, and screw the Upstaters who have and will continue to attend the Metlife games? I have no problem in extending a package to the NYC fans but they better damn well extend it to the Upstate season ticket holders as well! I had a great time at last year's game but tics were just a wee bit pricey.

I will be going to games. not sure I will renew seasons when I miss so many going my sons HS football games and I know I can buy mine back anytime.. I have not had a another person sit in my entire row for almost the last 5 years. not one game this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom