Polls (2/19/18): Media #16 / Coaches #14 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (2/19/18): Media #16 / Coaches #14

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Maverik Division I Media Poll: Albany Up to No. 2; Villanova, Virginia Rising

Albany — which has been No. 1 in several voters’ ballots since the preseason — has leapt to No. 2 in the country in the latest Maverik Media Poll.

The Week 2 poll sees the Great Danes move up two spots after their season-opening win against Syracuse, in which Albany dominated the Orange in the Carrier Dome. Maryland, though 3-0, is back one slot after a close game against High Point and a dominant win against Marist.

The Blue Devils, winners against Denver in a marquee Top 5 matchup Friday night, remains the No. 1 team in the country. The Pioneers didn’t fall far, dropping to No. 4.

Ohio State enters the top five, while Virginia and Villanova have really risen in the poll. Colgate enters the Top 20 for the first time this season.

Check out the full poll page here.

DWZ9DwlVQAEXldh.jpg

Tough schedule for the rest of the month - I think we'll find out a lot about this team in the next few weeks (Army, Virginia, JH). I'm not in the 'sky is falling' camp yet - there is a lot of young talent on this team. The wheels came off for an afternoon - it happens. Plenty of time to bounce back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom