Portal Season - 4th Qtr | Syracusefan.com

Portal Season - 4th Qtr

Orangezoo

In the wind
So we have 3 new faces coming in (including Benny) and 3 confirmed guys leaving.

Thus we now wait to see on Q, Marek, Sid, Griff, Woody and Frank. If the last two come back I would expect we are done portaling and simply wait out Qs decision. Maybe we look for a late bloomer in the 21 class to bring in or watch if a good transfer prospect is looking like he will be left at the altar. If Woody and Frank come back we are in a really good position to look to land one last piece while then continuing to focus on the 22 class.

My question is why Frank would feel like he needs to go? I would think he stays.

If Marek comes back, that could change the calculus. I think we need a sizable forward and a legit point guard, and then we still have a pretty good lineup next year. The question will be the defense.

If Marek comes back, that could change the calculus. I think we need a sizable forward and a legit point guard, and then we still have a pretty good lineup next year. The question will be the defense.

I don't see us bringing in another PG. That said its worth giving Symir a shot to see what he can do. He is absolutely a true PG. At this point the best shot for a fourth guard is Woody.

I don't see us bringing in another PG. That said its worth giving Symir a shot to see what he can do. He is absolutely a true PG. At this point the best shot for a fourth guard is Woody.

They called him a combo guard in prep school when he was originally being recruited. From what I've read, his strong suit is defense. Not that we don't need that to complement Joe and Buddy.

But we also need other skills for the offense to be at its best - the ability to either break people down off the dribble and get into the lane, or the ability to unlock defenses with your passing (alley oops, feeding the post, running the break).

If Quincy leaves, then we also need a rebounding forward, preferably a strong athletic, defensive guy who can post people up.

the forwards are set.

Need 3 centers on the roster and another gaurd.

Jesse, Frank (?), Sidibe (?)...Jesse is a good piece...but need another center. Even if Sidibe comes back, cant trust him to actually play so that would mean 4 centers are necessary. if he does somehow become healthy and returns he could be the best of the bunch. I would like to see a BIG center with some weight who can play on offense and defense...not merely just a tall body to fould on d but someone who will clog the lane on opponents as well.

Gaurd...needs some athleticism. a player who can do a bit of everything but most of all can play point and defense...mybe along the lines of kadary. so an athletic guard would be welcome.

the forwards are set.

Need 3 centers on the roster and another gaurd.

Jesse, Frank (?), Sidibe (?)...Jesse is a good piece...but need another center. Even if Sidibe comes back, cant trust him to actually play so that would mean 4 centers are necessary. if he does somehow become healthy and returns he could be the best of the bunch. I would like to see a BIG center with some weight who can play on offense and defense...not merely just a tall body to fould on d but someone who will clog the lane on opponents as well.

Gaurd...needs some athleticism. a player who can do a bit of everything but most of all can play point and defense...mybe along the lines of kadary. so an athletic guard would be welcome.

I would be surprised to see Sidibe back. He's been hurt for nearly his whole career.

I really enjoyed Marek for his contributions, but it's better for our team if he doesn't play center for us anymore. Whatever he decides, I wish him continued success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom