Portland Carmelo | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

He was really good. They need him to do that on Lebron to at least slow him down slightly. They don't have another wing big enough. I was shocked how long the lakers stayed with Danny Green and the amount of run they gave Caruso. It was huge mistake not playing Dion more last night.

KCP too. The guy had 1 point, 1 rebound, 1 assist in 29 minutes. He’s not THAT much better than Dion, defensively.

If Dion doesn't play and play well the Lakers will not win this series. They need a scorer from the guard position who can also play good defensive. I seriously question if his head is in the right place and is probably why he didn't play last night, but they don't have an other option.

With Nurkic Portland has the size needed to slow down the bigs of LA enough to allow their guard play to win the game for them.

After going down 16 the Lakers did what they needed to do turned the game into a rock fight. They slowed the pace down crashed the broads and Portland went from scoring 36 in the 1st to 21, 21, 22 in the following 3 quarters. Holding Portland to 100 points is a feat that will be hard duplicate because the more a team sees a defensive the better they get at attacking it. The Lakers failed to score a 100pts against to bad defensive team and lost a game played at their pace.

The Lakers will not shoot a higher percentage from the foul line or the 3pt line than Portland (not 4 out of 7 games anyway), without better guard play to close that gap like Nurkic does for Portland's front-line the Lakers will lose this series.

Carmelo still frustrates me more than any other player. I am so jazzed for him when he hits those important shots, but in between, he still makes so many bad plays. Just dumb, ego-driven, stubborn shots. As great as he has been through his career, with a slightly different intellectual approach, he could have been so much more.

Carmelo still frustrates me more than any other player. I am so jazzed for him when he hits those important shots, but in between, he still makes so many bad plays. Just dumb, ego-driven, stubborn shots. As great as he has been through his career, with a slightly different intellectual approach, he could have been so much more.

He always has been what he is -- an elite scorer who never played with anyone else, and never trusted his teammates.

I think this is the first time that he trusts his teammates, outside of a couple years with Chauncey Billups.

He's a first-ballot HOF'er. Top 15 scorer in NBA history and a chance to be Top 10. Made over $250M. Yeah, he hasn't taken a team to the finals but as I mentioned before, he's had little to no help.
That's a pretty damn good career.

He always has been what he is -- an elite scorer who never played with anyone else, and never trusted his teammates.

I think this is the first time that he trusts his teammates, outside of a couple years with Chauncey Billups.

He's a first-ballot HOF'er. Top 15 scorer in NBA history and a chance to be Top 10. Made over $250M. Yeah, he hasn't taken a team to the finals but as I mentioned before, he's had little to no help.

Lillard is the best player he’s played with for an extended stretch and he mentioned that recently. I don’t blame him for taking money during his career. Regular people would do the same.

Lillard is the best player he’s played with for an extended stretch and he mentioned that recently. I don’t blame him for taking money during his career. Regular people would do the same.

It really isn’t close. Wish he would have had a guy like this earlier in his career. Billups was good but not elite. Amare was heading towards the downside and after that, not much at all.

Yeah Melo still goes to iso ball from time to time but ego and not being a team player I've never agreed with. Every scorer in NBA history put up the numbers they did because they have that alpha mentality. Melo gets so much flak for that while also getting so little credit for the other things he does do on the court while so many others get a pass and are praised accordingly.

Iverson? Come on. He was not the Answer at that point in his career. He could still score but my memory is that he was not close to what he was in Philly.
He was better than Amare when Melo was on the Knicks.

So you forgot about AI. It’s OK.

Lol do you watch the games? They all do that. Hassan Whiteside jacks 19 footers that he has no business shooting. Lebron pulled up from half court

I'm not sure where you're getting that he hasn't trusted his teammates.

Iverson? Come on. He was not the Answer at that point in his career. He could still score but my memory is that he was not close to what he was in Philly.

He wasn't quite what he was at Philly but that's only because he was a total god back then. He was still putting up 25 a game during his years at denver. At Philly he would often be into the 30s.

I still remember in his Knicks tenure, at the end of playoff game down 1 or 2, he got double teamed up high and passed to an open shooter who missed, and the Knicks lost. I want to say it was against Boston. He got criticized by the press for not “stepping up and taking the last shot”. B-ball media and follower fans were REAL dumb with Melo once he went to the Knicks.

He wasn't quite what he was at Philly but that's only because he was a total god back then. He was still putting up 25 a game during his years at denver. At Philly he would often be into the 30s.
Yeah, he was the second leading scorer in the league when the Nuggets traded for him.

(Melo was first.)

Lol do you watch the games? They all do that. Hassan Whiteside jacks 19 footers that he has no business shooting. Lebron pulled up from half court
Yes, i watch. The point is that i 'love' and care about Carmelo—not any of the other guys. Hassan Whiteside's legacy doesn't mean a whit to me. He can't "frustrate" me, because i don't care...

Have you watched games that he’s played in the NBA?

He hasn’t trusted his teammates to hit shots.

Have you watched games that he’s played in the NBA?

He hasn’t trusted his teammates to hit shots.
Yes, I have watched Carmelo Anthony play in NBA games.

I still have no idea where you're getting the idea that he hasn't trusted his teammates to hit shots.

internet is always undefeated lol

A1C9C4AF-CA61-4899-BFE4-78F2DDF9AEAE.jpeg

Yes, I have watched Carmelo Anthony play in NBA games.

I still have no idea where you're getting the idea that he hasn't trusted his teammates to hit shots.

Meaning he hasn't had very good players around him -- also it has led to his lack of interest in making the right basketball play in situations because he feels his teammates around him aren't better options wide open than he is covered. Which is a criticism.

You are impossible sometimes. And quite obnoxious, to be frank.

Meaning he hasn't had very good players around him -- also it has led to his lack of interest in making the right basketball play in situations because he feels his teammates around him aren't better options wide open than he is covered. Which is a criticism.

You are impossible sometimes. And quite obnoxious, to be frank.
Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about re: Melo not trusting his teammates, what you're proposing as evidence for that claim, or why you chose this thread and this topic to state that I'm impossible and obnoxious. I feel like we must be having very different conversations right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom