Portland Carmelo | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

Melo was the key to the turnaround for Denver to put them back into the mix every year and nearly took them to the finals if not for Kobe being Kobe.

Since Melo was brought in the Nuggets have been a regular in the West playoff picture minus a short stretch of losing seasons after he left. With Melo I believe they had the longest run of consecutive playoff appearances and winning seasons in franchise history. All in a market that was hotter during the ABA years and on and off in the 80s than in modern times.

Melo was the key to the turnaround for Denver to put them back into the mix every year and nearly took them to the finals if not for Kobe being Kobe.

Since Melo was brought in the Nuggets have been a regular in the West playoff picture minus a short stretch of losing seasons after he left. With Melo I believe they had the longest run of consecutive playoff appearances and winning seasons in franchise history. All in a market that was hotter during the ABA years and on and off in the 80s than in modern times.

Yes. They were clearly being petty. Which is weird. Time to move on.

Whether you agree with his politics or not matters none but I love this. You have a voice and a platform to use it and this is a good job of passing the torch. So proud of what Melo stands for and that his legacy won't be just basketball. Again this is not a political post just think it's important.

And someone stole him 2 picks before me at the end of my fantasy draft :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My fantasy team is named Team Melo ffs:mad::mad:

And someone stole him 2 picks before me at the end of my fantasy draft :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My fantasy team is named Team Melo ffs:mad::mad:

Gotta over pick him by a round or 2.

Ive had him every season since his rookie year in my family league. For a long time we had 3 keepers every year, so for his entire prime Melo was one of my keepers. And in recent years, I always pick him too early to make sure I get him, lol.

Gotta over pick him by a round or 2.

Ive had him every season since his rookie year in my family league. For a long time we had 3 keepers every year, so for his entire prime Melo was one of my keepers. And in recent years, I always pick him too early to make sure I get him, lol.
I should have. I was cheeky and thought I could get him with the next to last pick in our draft. Shame on me

I'm afraid Portland is a better team without Melo.

The last couple of games, he has been playing that ugly brand of MeloBall. Holding it for a long time, then trying to make moves he can't make anymore, and then instead of passing out of it, forcing contested, difficult shots. Ridiculously inefficient. It's like he doesn't want to believe how old he is and that he's no longer the great player he was.

Conversely, tonight, without him (covid protocol?), Gary Trent Jr. played a pretty wicked game. He shot it great, didn't stop the ball, the team played with more energy and movement. And they beat the Lakers.

Small sample size, but i think it portends a not so graceful transition.

Melo has been my favorite player for a long time, so it hurts to watch when he's not what he used to be. I hope he comes back and adjusts and becomes a consistent positive for Portland, but... i rarely get what i want.

The last couple of games, he has been playing that ugly brand of MeloBall. Holding it for a long time, then trying to make moves he can't make anymore, and then instead of passing out of it, forcing contested, difficult shots. Ridiculously inefficient. It's like he doesn't want to believe how old he is and that he's no longer the great player he was.

Conversely, tonight, without him (covid protocol?), Gary Trent Jr. played a pretty wicked game. He shot it great, didn't stop the ball, the team played with more energy and movement. And they beat the Lakers.

Melo has been my favorite player for a long time, so it hurts to watch when he's not what he used to be. I hope he comes back and adjusts and becomes a consistent positive for Portland, but... i rarely get what i want.

His stat line was good in the first game. Got to the line and converted. 5-12 from the field isn’t very inefficient. The second game wasn’t a good one.

Is Trent Jr. the fill-in for Melo? Melo plays mostly PF; SF if they go big. Trent Jr. is a SG who plays SF.

I'm not sure I agree they are. Trent Jr is very streaky. Covington and Jones have not impressed much on either end and I would expect their time as both being starters may be limited if they don't pick up more on D given they offer almost nothing on offense. Last night Trent was really good and the Lakers played awful. Also Dame finally played a good game too. Melo is just a piece and it's a bit habitual to evaluate a team without him but prior to last night the other pieces haven't been good outside of CJ and to some degree Trent and Kanter. Also Melos +/- have been solid so far too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom