Position Change | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Position Change

Just seems like alot. Also alot of good kids that I wouldn't mind seeing get some run. Shy, Walton, Henderson.

3 of my favorite minus this years class.

HCDB said this exact thing in his presser last week. They like LB's because of their ability run and can be used on specials.

With some depth built maybe its time to start saving shirts and using starters and/or players in the 2 deep on specials. Alot of big time programs utilize starters on specials.

Speaking of position change not sure if it was mentioned but Sam Heckel will be playing center unless things change soon.

Thats interesting, thought deurig fit the mold when signing here.

You would also think that they would redshirt Tyrell over Fagan if they had to pick one. Fagan is a more polished football player with an early start.

I agree, fagan is polished but has safety size and without a shirt, not sure if he adds the necessary 20+# to play lb.

The Canada kids aren't redshirting. They'll be ready to play. They're already 2 years older than the incoming freshmen.

The Canada kids aren't redshirting. They'll be ready to play. They're already 2 years older than the incoming freshmen.

If the true Frosh lineman plays then we gave ourselves a heck of a player. I'd be pleasantly shocked.

Too much depth at LB means you're suffering somewhere else with the 85 scholarship number.

I don't know the right number, but for a 4-3, I'd assume it's about 9? LBs aren't rotated in and out as much as, say DL.
Is Babers saying it's too much depth? If that were the case, we wouldn't have this many...see the logic there?

With that many LBs, maybe he should take the best 8 and run a 2 deep 3-4 defense.

Shy was a great rb in hs.
Scoop back to slot?
Perkins to rb?

perkins was hurt, but never really heard what he was doing positionally while he was out if he was practicing at all. spring practice may tell us more, if he is at RB then our depth is better, if he is not then they must like our RB depth even more? I mean how many RB do we have to run the practices with now?

I've always wondered why we never gave Shy a shot as a power runner in our offense. The kids massive, he'll run over many ACC linebackers. Is it a question of speed? Between him and Henderson it seems like we have two kids who have massively reaped the benefits of blood/sweat spent at the gym, and we haven't found a way to utilize them besides special teams.

Is it speed?

I've always wondered why we never gave Shy a shot as a power runner in our offense. The kids massive, he'll run over many ACC linebackers. Is it a question of speed? Between him and Henderson it seems like we have two kids who have massively reaped the benefits of blood/sweat spent at the gym, and we haven't found a way to utilize them besides special teams.

Is it speed?

Shy ran track in HS - he's plenty fast enough.
Maybe he doesn't have RB wiggle or vision?

As far as D goes, they both just had some much more experienced guys ahead of them.
I think it's less a commentary on their ability, as about that of Z and Bennett, etc.

Shy ran track in HS - he's plenty fast enough.
Maybe he doesn't have RB wiggle or vision?

As far as D goes, they both just had some much more experienced guys ahead of them.
I think it's less a commentary on their ability, as about that of Z and Bennett, etc.
Shy played hurt most of last year. It's my understanding that he's still recovering from shoulder surgery.

They did put Shy back on KOR as a sort of "lead blocker" for the return guy instead of 2 returners. Not sure I've seen that before but, then again, I had never seen designed diagonal long snaps to the punter before this year so maybe I just don't watch enough football :noidea:

Too much depth at LB means you're suffering somewhere else with the 85 scholarship number.

I don't know the right number, but for a 4-3, I'd assume it's about 9? LBs aren't rotated in and out as much as, say DL.

Don't we need help at DE??