Possible assistant coaches... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

Crusty said:
Not sure where he would fit. Could be a good QB coach, I guess, but with a cult you have to start near the bottom.

Given the excuses Lester had with not being able to run McF***it's offense in 2014 because he wasn't familiar with it (even though he had been a coach in it for almost 2 years), why would this staff think he could learn this new one?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who has never been blown away by Ishmael's talent?
Steve is a talented WR...just not the home run hitter our offense desperately needs. He is much more a possession receiver than a deep threat.

Unfortunately for Ish, there were a few board "experts" who set the expectations way too high based on his skill set. He will have a great career at SU and might even get a look at the next level.

returning back to the thread, any ideas when the other coaches will be named?

I wonder if the other coaches are coaching a bowl game and since it's the dead period, they are staying with their team?

Steve caught 39 passes this year (3.3 per game). The leading receiver in the ACC was Tyler Boyd who caught 85 (Clemson's Scott has 84). Fifty receptions puts you in the ACC top 10, which is pretty darn good. One more reception per game and Steve would be there. I think Lester totally misused Ish all year and I think he will catch 50-60 or more in Dino's system.

Given the excuses Lester had with not being able to run McF***it's offense in 2015 because he wasn't familiar with it (even though he had been a coach in it for almost 2 years), why would this staff think he could learn this new one?
Syracuse could score in 2015 it was the scores they gave up and poor split second Coaching decisions,You either pass to set up the run or run to set up the pass but balanced offenses win the day

Steve is a talented WR...just not the home run hitter our offense desperately needs. He is much more a possession receiver than a deep threat.

Unfortunately for Ish, there were a few board "experts" who set the expectations way too high based on his skill set. He will have a great career at SU and might even get a look at the next level.
he would need to play with a QB that can hit small windows like PM or Brady

Steve caught 39 passes this year (3.3 per game). The leading receiver in the ACC was Tyler Boyd who caught 85 (Clemson's Scott has 84). Fifty receptions puts you in the ACC top 10, which is pretty darn good. One more reception per game and Steve would be there. I think Lester totally misused Ish all year and I think he will catch 50-60 or more in Dino's system.
but its not like he was running wide open.. there were games he couldnt even get off the LOS to run his routes.

but its not like he was running wide open.. there were games he couldnt even get off the LOS to run his routes.
Other than vs. FSU, who had great corners, he was our best WR on the field. We had a run first option system that simply didn't target him very often Hell, Broyld caught 50 passes in McD's offense.

Last edited:
So I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but I didn't see it anywhere. It appears that Freeman is indeed joining the staff at SU instead of retiring per the article, but their beat writer states that it is in more of an administrative role per his tweet. So as speculated it looks like there are 2 open assistant spots still or at least not public yet even with Freeman coming.

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/bg-...cle_c50f3a38-a8b5-11e5-a41f-1be43e0eccbc.html

@Thomas_Schmeltz so is freeman going to Syracuse as well? I had heard it mentioned about him retiring. Thanks

Thomas Schmeltz
‏@Thomas_Schmeltz
13h13 hours ago
@xx40xxxxx he is going. More of an administrative role though.

So I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but I didn't see it anywhere. It appears that Freeman is indeed joining the staff at SU instead of retiring per the article, but their beat writer states that it is in more of an administrative role per his tweet. So as speculated it looks like there are 2 open assistant spots still or at least not public yet even with Freeman coming.

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/bg-...cle_c50f3a38-a8b5-11e5-a41f-1be43e0eccbc.html

@Thomas_Schmeltz so is freeman going to Syracuse as well? I had heard it mentioned about him retiring. Thanks

Thomas Schmeltz
‏@Thomas_Schmeltz
13h13 hours ago
@xx40xxxxx he is going. More of an administrative role though.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/for-football.98258/#post-1603905

Syracuse could score in 2015 it was the scores they gave up and poor split second Coaching decisions,You either pass to set up the run or run to set up the pass but balanced offenses win the day
We really couldn't score last year. If you take away defensive and OT scores we were at 23 ppg. That is really poor.