- Aug 14, 2011
- Kudos to the guys who played their heart out
- Thrilled for Beck and Monroe to get a chance to coach this game. I'm sure they both learned a lot
- Allen was excellent
- After Dino just gave Allen almost all the carries, I'm wondering if he has had a change in strategy from rotating multiple backs to giving almost all the carries to the #1 back. I know he was doing it w/ Tucker, but he has previously said he was doing it as a unique case b/c he was a special talent (Plus early in the year trying to help him w/ Heisman numbers). However, if he thinks Allen is so good now, why give him so few carries during the year. That's why I think he's going full Boeheim now with his RB substitution pattern. I disagree with it, especially when you have a solid #2 RB like Price who has proven himself on the D-1 level. This can also make it more difficult to recruit and retain quality backup RB's in the transfer portal age, when you have guys transferring multiple times in a college career.
- I know there were a few drops, but the receivers also had some excellent snags on inaccurate passes, as well. I'm sure the field didn't help in this matter, as guys have to be extra conscious of not slipping.
- Was disappointed with Dino punting twice when we had 4th and very makeable on their side of the field. I also didn't like taking a timeout on offense in the 4th quarter.
- Thought Shrader really struggled throwing the ball yesterday. Agree w/ others that his ball seems to take a long time to get to the receiver, but this is the worst his accuracy has been this year. Thought he also made some big plays and did better throwing the ball away when there was nothing there. Obviously the pick 6 was a killer
- Very impressed with the Defense considering how many weren't playing. Minnesota also seemed to be a different team once Ibrahim left the game. We totally outplayed the team on the field, except for the pick 6 and Special Teams.
- I have been very disappointed with Special teams this year-I thought it would have a significant improvement this year w/ the new coach, but the main difference has been Szmyt getting closer to his old form. We have really struggled to punt (with 2 scholarship Punters) and cover kicks. OI have never seen so many shanks in one season. Gotta believe it's in Von marburg's head at this point. Happy we're bringing in the new punter from Mizzou.
- All in all, considering how much we were missing, have to be encouraged by the effort. Dino is correct in pointing out penalties and ST as the 2 areas most in need of improvement. I think we have more than enough talent to win 7+ games next year-The question to me is can we finally improve in those 2 areas and how will the OL play next year. Think Dino should talk to Clawson or the like about what he does to keep penalties so low every year.
- Very proud of the guys and psyched for 2023!