post count | Syracusefan.com

post count

690West

Moneyline Master
Will the site keep track of number of posts per user?

it does, i clicked on your name and your post count came up.

got it. thanks. I kind of liked having the post count right next to the users name in the threads.

it has the top 12 posters on the members page

Post count and views are updated every ten minutes. Less often when the traffic is high.

It would also be nice to have a count of the "hits" like we had on Topic View on Scout but did not, for some reason, have on thread view.

I think that is the column labeled Views SWC...

I think that is the column labeled Views SWC...
I saw that after I posted. if we get a thread view option, I hope we have the same for that.

I saw that after I posted. if we get a thread view option, I hope we have the same for that.

Please give us thread view. Please :)

When we migrated over to Scout didn't we take our post count with us? Are we doing that here as well?

When we migrated over to Scout didn't we take our post count with us? Are we doing that here as well?

Yes, and if I can find a way to modify it, I will keep changing yours to 1. :) Wonder who will be the first person to the next level? My money is on AC.

Please give us thread view. Please :)

The software we are using does not have thread view. But an upgrade is coming and it may be included in that release.

The software we are using does not have thread view. But an upgrade is coming and it may be included in that release.

Ugh...fingers crossed

how can a message board not have a thread view option? do they make cars without seats too ;)

Thread view is great if it's 1996 and you're a little girl. The "quote" feature rendered Thread view useless years ago. The way it currently stands in topic view is far superior. Thread view isn't offered in the software pack because nobody uses that anymore. Nobody.

For some reason, everyone has moved on from this but for people on this forum.

Thread view is great if it's 1996 and you're a little girl. The "quote" feature rendered Thread view useless years ago. The way it currently stands in topic view is far superior. Thread view isn't offered in the software pack because nobody uses that anymore. Nobody.

I gotta go with Ragman on this, I doubt this will be an option in the future because nobody outside of Syracuse fans knows that "thread view" even existed. And, most importantly, thread view sucks.

Yup. I visit forums, both technical and entertainment, all over the net. Thread view just isn't used by anyone else, and for good reason. I've never understood the loyal following to it we have on our board (and our board alone). It's like the internet froze in time with these people...many of whom I respect in every way except for their blind love affair with thread view.

Thread view works for our site because it's (relatively) small compared to other boards I've seen like Maryland's or Kansas'. If they tried using it, new threads would be getting bumped off the front page every 1/2 hour because there would just be no room. Some discussions last for 20 pages.

Also it sucks. Just use the quote function ;)

Actually, this setup is pretty ancient too. SBNation runs the best message board type function I've seen, updating live with the ability to see responses in a thread view type fashion. It blows the average message board out of the water, but I'm sure it's a costly function and not easy to implement.

Actually, this setup is pretty ancient too. SBNation runs the best message board type function I've seen, updating live with the ability to see responses in a thread view type fashion. It blows the average message board out of the water, but I'm sure it's a costly function and not easy to implement.

I can't even find a message board over there.

I can't even find a message board over there.

Yeah, do they have a forum? Isn't just a comments section that follows articles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom