Post SU-WF thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Post SU-WF thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • It's nice to see Benny Williams start to get some confidence in his shot
  • Why does it seem that everyone on our team has weak hands? I've never seen a team so weak and soft with the ball and falling down as much as this team. This isn't specifically for this game, just in general. Maybe the team can work on hand-strengthening exercises.
  • 50-50 balls-The rare ones we get we seem to just wait on the floor to get tied up
  • Steals-We seem to get so excited when we get one that we often give it right back
  • We need to get Jesse 15 shots a game
  • As soon as Jimmy was moved to Center, I knew it was over. The amazing thing is Wake missed so many free throws we could have still won, in spite of having zero interior presence in the game the last 6 or so minutes. I don't know how Boeheim can rationalize having Anselem on the bench on the last play of regulation. Boeheim himself said earlier in the year that Jimmy at Center was a recipe for disaster. I'd really like to never see it again.
  • I continue to be amazed at the lack of ball movement most of the game. The few times we do it, we look really good on offense.
  • The best (or worst news, depending on how you look at it) news is how mediocre the ACC is this year. Don't know if it's ever been worse. This can allow us to win some games.

You don't win conference games because of the weakness of your opponent. You've got to go out and take them.
Someone has to win some of these games. Think we get a few.

Yes, Benny seems to have more confidence in his shot.
It would be nice if one of them went in.

Despite this team's weaknesses they seem to find a way to stay in games.
They need to be able to finish.
Sometimes that requires strategy.
Like setting screens to get the ball in Joe Girard's hands when he's gong to get fouled right away.

• It's nice to see Benny Williams start to get some confidence in his shot
  • Why does it seem that everyone on our team has weak hands? I've never seen a team so weak and soft with the ball and falling down as much as this team. This isn't specifically for this game, just in general. Maybe the team can work on hand-strengthening exercises.
  • 50-50 balls-The rare ones we get we seem to just wait on the floor to get tied up
  • Steals-We seem to get so excited when we get one that we often give it right back
  • We need to get Jesse 15 shots a game
  • As soon as Jimmy was moved to Center, I knew it was over. The amazing thing is Wake missed so many free throws we could have still won, in spite of having zero interior presence in the game the last 6 or so minutes. I don't know how Boeheim can rationalize having Anselem on the bench on the last play of regulation. Boeheim himself said earlier in the year that Jimmy at Center was a recipe for disaster. I'd really like to never see it again.
  • I continue to be amazed at the lack of ball movement most of the game. The few times we do it, we look really good on offense.
  • The best (or worst news, depending on how you look at it) news is how mediocre the ACC is this year. Don't know if it's ever been worse. This can allow us to win some games.
We need Weitsman to donate some shake weights.

JG3 has something pretty cool going on. His frosh FG% from 2? 38.5%, His soph FG% from 2? 38.5%. His FG% from 2 this season? 38.5%.

It's pretty remarkable.

JG3 has something pretty cool going on. His frosh FG% from 2? 38.5%, His soph FG% from 2? 38.5%. His FG% from 2 this season? 38.5%.

It's pretty remarkable.
Just like the Colgate net ranking, I am hoping to track this the rest of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom