Postgame Thoughts… ASU | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ASU

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I was only able to watch about a third of this game. These are the games we will have to win though (high scoring).

Nice to see Cole hit some shots.

Edwards extremely active.

Press break and bench production….. room for improvement.

First half was great, especially offensively. All 5 starters had stretches where they each carried us.

Jesse was incredible. Cole was very very good. Buddy was Buddy. Jimmy was solid. Joe should only get 25mpg

The game was the same as the last two games. Only difference is ASU didn’t hit enough shots in the middle. They got hot too late. They just get sucked in and have no ability to recover.

Jesse is a bright spot it seems.

Edwards was a difference maker

Swider played great

we are always better when teams have less time to gameplan for us.

up double digits until last minute of the second half. And yet, NOT 1 sub. The kids were gassed. I know we are not deep but you need to get the kids breaks, even small breaks during the course of the game. Right before media timeouts and that buys them a little extra time.

Jesse was amazing. Joe was soft as chit against their pressure. Buddy was solid but had a few quick triggers/forced shots. Jimmy is just super steady. Cole was better. Hard to believe no subs in second half until Cole fouled out.

Let's keep talking sandwiches.

Regarding Sherwood's. It's not a Chicken Avocado on Egg Bread sandwich-- I forget the Bacon. Its Chicken Bacon Avocado on Egg Bread!

Looked at their recent reviews and regarding the sandwich itself they are favourable.

Here was the latest review which was in line with my last experiences.
"This was difficult to rate. Do I rate the food, which we enjoyed. It was fresh and we would return for it. Do I rate the service, which was horrible, but improved by a different server? Let's talk food. Fresh, tasty, filling, reasonable price. Service by older guy who kept telling me he could not understand and kept interrupting me as I ordered. Finally, the younger server was very helpful and answered our questions. For our first time there, was not very happy. But we will return. Hopefully the second time is the charm."

Let's keep talking sandwiches.

Regarding Sherwood's. It's not a Chicken Avocado on Egg Bread sandwich-- I forget the Bacon. Its Chicken Bacon Avocado on Egg Bread!

Looked at their recent reviews and regarding the sandwich itself they are favourable.

Here was the latest review which was in line with my last experiences.
"This was difficult to rate. Do I rate the food, which we enjoyed. It was fresh and we would return for it. Do I rate the service, which was horrible, but improved by a different server? Let's talk food. Fresh, tasty, filling, reasonable price. Service by older guy who kept telling me he could not understand and kept interrupting me as I ordered. Finally, the younger server was very helpful and answered our questions. For our first time there, was not very happy. But we will return. Hopefully the second time is the charm."
Are you British?

Very happy they won but worried that we’re seeing the way teams are going to play us all year especially in the 2nd halves unless we prove that not only we can handle it but make them pay dearly for pressing us. Yikes.

Are you British?

Nope ... is it because of the "our" part?

Canada picks and chooses when it comes to grammar. We use "our" in our words, but then ignore some of that other British Crap as well... for example Date Styles.

Missed most of the 1st half. Going back to dvr it now & see that Hurley was wining at the refs the entire game. Not surprising since that runs in his family.

Good win but I worry how the game would've gone if they pressed earlier. Not sure why they were doubling Joe on the inbound. Maybe Bobby was too busy chewing at the refs to notice and adjust. Jesse played a great game. Is Benny injured?

Good win but I worry how the good would've gone if they pressed earlier. Not sure why they were doubling Joe. Maybe Bobby was too busy chewing at the refs to notice and adjust. Jesse played a great game. Is Benny injured?
It seemed to me like JB wanted his frontcourt to get some time playing together

Even if JB loves the starting 5, he needs to figure out how to get Benny, Symir and Frank 5 minutes in each half. In order to win, we need to maintain intensity and focus on defense through the whole game. It is too much to expect our starters to do that for the whole game without breaks.

That was a clinic on how not to handle pressure milking a lead. Need to attack the basket once you break it. Did it twice and got buckets. But it was a struggle to get it over half court.

Interesting that JB chose not to use Sy to handle the ball when he came in. Likely because he was cold and not a good FT shooter.

He also used the forwards a lot to give Joe a break.

I’m shocked at how well Jessie finishes. Still work to do, but he is light years ahead of last year.

JB wanted this win, likely why he didn’t sub second half. I mean we’ve seen this movie before, shouldn’t shock anyone.

JB wanted this win, likely why he didn’t sub second half. I mean we’ve seen this movie before, shouldn’t shock anyone.

Yup same movie that lands us on the bubble then have a bunch of unhappy players hit the portal. Awesome movie.

That was a clinic on how not to handle pressure milking a lead. Need to attack the basket once you break it. Did it twice and got buckets. But it was a struggle to get it over half court.

Interesting that JB chose not to use Sy to handle the ball when he came in. Likely because he was cold and not a good FT shooter.

He also used the forwards a lot to give Joe a break.

I’m shocked at how well Jessie finishes. Still work to do, but he is light years ahead of last year.

Agreed. I think that is a common tactic by JB that I struggle with.

I have no issue holding and milking if the opposition is only applying soft or no pressure.

But if a team applies full pressure, you need to make them pay even if means you have to play more quickly then you want on offence.

Going into the leftovers feeling good after this dub. Probably another brew or some scotch.

Happy Thanksgiving, gang.
I'm kind of sorry I didn't take some Pecan Pie leftovers from our hosts house. I really worked up an appetite and it would taste so good right now.

Hopefully these coaches keep working with Benny so he feels comfortable when called upon. He needs PT but he looks lost out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom