Postgame Thoughts… ASU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ASU

better game. Better game plan. Benny is def a worry though in my mind. He was expecting a ton of time like a lot of you were as well and if you watched the game he never clapped in the 2nd half when on bench. 6 mins for him in total. Something to keep an eye on and I’m not just saying it to say it. JB better figure something out soon for him because him playing 6 mins is crazy I don’t care what his reason is

He's not sure where to be or what to do out there.

He has to play better than he has. It'll probably come together for him in the next month or so.

We needed to win badly tonight so I am fine with him not subbing much today. Benny needs to improve his shooting and this isn’t the type of game to do that in…neither is against the next few games we have. We need to win games and Swider and Boeheim are just way more experienced at this stage of the game regardless of athleticism

Yep, but it’s hard to be worse than 0/6 assist to turnover ratio.

20/7 against Lafayette/Drexel/Colgate
5/10 against VCU/ASU.

Well, after a couple disasters, I was happy that he was "good enough" (5 asst & 4 TO) to get the win.

I was only able to watch about a third of this game. These are the games we will have to win though (high scoring).

Nice to see Cole hit some shots.

Edwards extremely active.

Press break and bench production….. room for improvement.
Breaking the press was an issue and not using any subs is clearly on the coaching.

Breaking the press was an issue and not using any subs is clearly on the coaching.

They clearly worked on it before the game. I thought they mostly did ok.

We need to practice playing against press and pressure d.
How ? We don’t have enough guys in practice who can exert similar pressure that these teams do in games . They’ll have to get better via live game experience

How ? We don’t have enough guys in practice who can exert similar pressure that these teams do in games . They’ll have to get better via live game experience

Good coaches put an extra guy out there with the subs, and play 6 on 5. They do the same thing in soccer. When practicing against a press, put an extra guy out there to make it harder.

We’re going to have to play a perfect game. Auburn might bludgeon us.

If we shoot well and have energy on the boards, we can beat anybody.

Auburn has a couple scary athletic young big men, but we have a lot of experience on this team.

If we shoot well and have energy on the boards, we can beat anybody.

Auburn has a couple scary athletic young big men, but we have a lot of experience on this team.
I get your point…. But it’s just not true. We need the opponent to severely help out, too.

Offense was good both halves, defense was really good at the end of the first half. I will take 3/4th's any day at this time of the year.

Auburn is gonna press us to hell and between Smith/Kessler and their shooters I’m not sure how we can win. I have a feeling Smith at the foul line against the zone will get Edwards in foul trouble fairly quickly.

If we hang on the boards and make shots we can stay in it. We need to hope they are really sloppy against the zone because they have the weapons to destroy it if they want

We went 18 minutes into the second half without subbing. I half-thought that when Swider fouled out JB might pull a Hoosiers, point at the other four starters and say “my team’s out there right now.”

I mentioned in the betting thread that ASU is horrible. Hurley is an awful coach

We needed to win badly tonight so I am fine with him not subbing much today. Benny needs to improve his shooting and this isn’t the type of game to do that in…neither is against the next few games we have. We need to win games and Swider and Boeheim are just way more experienced at this stage of the game regardless of athleticism
A 3 game losing streak this early would have killed this team, the only important thing today was to get a win.

I get your point…. But it’s just not true. We need the opponent to severely help out, too.

I don't think college basketball is very good anymore. I don't see any great teams out there. Gonzaga maybe. How many more?

Auburn is gonna press us to hell and between Smith/Kessler and their shooters I’m not sure how we can win. I have a feeling Smith at the foul line against the zone will get Edwards in foul trouble fairly quickly.

If we hang on the boards and make shots we can stay in it. We need to hope they are really sloppy against the zone because they have the weapons to destroy it if they want

Sounds just like Oklahoma in the 2003 tournament.

There's no Melo on this team, but we seem to have our own version of Jerry West.

We went 18 minutes into the second half without subbing. I half-thought that when Swider fouled out JB might pull a Hoosiers, point at the other four starters and say “my team’s out there right now.”
It’s really incredible, and we were up double digits like the entire way!

Wouldnt it have helped to have Symir come in at the end to help with the pressure?

Let's keep talking sandwiches.

Regarding Sherwood's. It's not a Chicken Avocado on Egg Bread sandwich-- I forget the Bacon. Its Chicken Bacon Avocado on Egg Bread!

Looked at their recent reviews and regarding the sandwich itself they are favourable.

Here was the latest review which was in line with my last experiences.
"This was difficult to rate. Do I rate the food, which we enjoyed. It was fresh and we would return for it. Do I rate the service, which was horrible, but improved by a different server? Let's talk food. Fresh, tasty, filling, reasonable price. Service by older guy who kept telling me he could not understand and kept interrupting me as I ordered. Finally, the younger server was very helpful and answered our questions. For our first time there, was not very happy. But we will return. Hopefully the second time is the charm."

I wonder if I could get one delivered by Uber Eats...if so, that's lunch tomorrow!

Did you ever try Subitos? Not that close to Little Italy, but not that far either. That's the closest decent place I've found downtown near where I work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom