Postgame Thoughts… Northeastern | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Northeastern

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Starting this early but we are up 30.

First off, yikes NE is bad. But I’ll take any W.

Glad we prioritized Jesse early on for a bounce back game. Made some great finishes at the rim.

Mintz definitely has some skills offensively especially in the paint. Need this. Girard catch and shoot way better, as we all know.

Really like what I see from Brown. Taylor too, although not as ready to contribute as Brown.

NE often passed the ball directly out of bounds. Maybe more than any team I’ve ever seen.

Much more aggressive play all around and solid zone play after the 8 minute mark in first half. Before that way too many open 3s.

Gotta build off of this somehow.

NE is bad.

Like what I saw from a number of players.

Not sure what to think because NE is pretty bad

Glad for the W tho, of course.

NE is bad.

Like what I saw from a number of players.

Not sure what to think because NE is pretty bad

Glad for the W tho, of course.

NE to date

24 pt loss at Providence

1 pt loss to Harvard at home

9 pt loss at Boston U.

Still think we had no business with whatever the hell that was against Colgate going back to Mike02s pregame thoughts vs Gate

The best part, like I’ve said a couple times, game after game including the exhibitions, you can see Judah growing as a playmaker.

Judah being a star and a playmaker is the key and as well as going to Jesse early and often Joe playing off him and Jesse is important too. As well as Joe playing better D.

So he would be my rotation as of right now. But I reserve the right to change my mind. I would start Joe Judah Malik Benny and Jesse. I would have Copeland Symir and Heimir off the bench. And Taylor would be my .5 to give me 8.5 player rotation

100 pct. This is mine as well. Contrary to what has worked out for us previous years, whatever D we play has to be good early and stop the 3pt barrage. Early as in the first 20 minimum. After that you see teams be less crisp as game pressure sets in.

Early barrages aren't going to go well with this group.

So here would be my rotation as of right now. But I reserve the right to change my mind. I would start Joe Judah Malik Benny and Jesse. I would have Copeland Symir and Heimir off the bench. And Taylor would be my .5 to give me 8.5 player rotation
Might be sacrificing too much on offense by starting Brown and Williams, so I would start Brown and Copeland.

Might be sacrificing too much on offense by starting Brown and Williams, so I would start Brown and Copeland.

Tough thing here is Copeland still gives up too many looks and turns it over. Play through your big 3 and D up. We are better suited attacking through Judah and Jesse and defending our asses off. Even if it's a rock fight against a lesser team.

Tough thing here is Copeland still gives up too many looks and turns it over. Play through your big 3 and D up. We are better suited attacking through Judah and Jesse and defending our asses off. Even if it's a rock fight against a lesser team.
I’m just worried Williams will try and do too much if he’s starting alongside Brown. Copeland can help get Mintz and Girard going and his defense should improve.

I’m just worried Williams will try and do too much if he’s starting alongside Brown. Copeland can help get Mintz and Girard going and his defense should improve.

It's a good one or the other scenario...

I’ll take the win. Beats the hell out of the other night.
-still thought the zone was poor and Northeastern got way too many good looks, especially in the first ten minutes.
-Like I said in the game thread, I feel confident that Judah is the most talented player we have had in years. So nice to have a pg who can get the ball over half court without turning it over 1-3 times per game.
-hard not to be impressed with the way Brown approaches the game and is willing to do the little things.
-it really is somewhat amazing how the freshmen are what we were told they were before they got to campus. Quadir is active, has a good handle, likable but with immature judgment as far as passing the ball. Taylor has a nice stroke, likes the turnaround jumper and doesn’t take any plays off. I’d like to see more of him. Bunch doesn’t seem to want to do anything besides shoot. He makes Buddy look aggressive as far as going after loose balls. And Carey certainly looked like a project today.
-JG3 would be such a weapon if he took only open shots and did not dribble the ball or shoot off the dribble. But you could probably see 30 or 40 posts where I have said the same thing previously.
-Benny is so enigmatic. Was awful for the majority of the game. When he fallls away when he shoots it is effectively a turnover. But then he got it together in the second half. He needs to go towards the basket and not away from it. I think JB kept him in there during garbage time hoping to build up his confidence heading to Brooklyn.
-Symir needs to take better care of the ball and distribute and not dribble endlessly. He was bad tonight.
-Finally nice to see a more aggressive Jesse as opposed to the softy we saw against Colgate.
-on to Brooklyn

1.A little more arc from Justin after missing the first, and the ball went right in. It's like a 90% ft shooter missing the first free throw. I'll take it every game.
2.Brown is so close to spin moving from the elbow and getting inside position or a lob, only a matter of time once he gets his man to body him first.
3.Nice to see the hustle with this team, even when we are not rewarded every play. Copeland is in every play even after the play, and Judah always smiling.
4.Good job by everyone making some perimeter fixes. In reality, if we only gave up 15 3s last game we would of been tied 68 to 68 at end of regulation. Seniors were smooth sailing tonight.

I’ll take the win. Beats the hell out of the other night.
-still thought the zone was poor and Northeastern got way too many good looks, especially in the first ten minutes.
-Like I said in the game thread, I feel confident that Judah is the most talented player we have had in years. So nice to have a pg who can get the ball over half court without turning it over 1-3 times per game.
-hard not to be impressed with the way Brown approaches the game and is willing to do the little things.
-it really is somewhat amazing how the freshmen are what we were told they were before they got to campus. Quadir is active, has a good handle, likable but with immature judgment as far as passing the ball. Taylor has a nice stroke, likes the turnaround jumper and doesn’t take any plays off. I’d like to see more of him. Bunch doesn’t seem to want to do anything besides shoot. He makes Buddy look aggressive as far as going after loose balls. And Carey certainly looked like a project today.
-JG3 would be such a weapon if he took only open shots and did not dribble the ball or shoot off the dribble. But you could probably see 30 or 40 posts where I have said the same thing previously.
-Benny is so enigmatic. Was awful for the majority of the game. When he fallls away when he shoots it is effectively a turnover. But then he got it together in the second half. He needs to go towards the basket and not away from it. I think JB kept him in there during garbage time hoping to build up his confidence heading to Brooklyn.
-Symir needs to take better care of the ball and distribute and not dribble endlessly. He was bad tonight.
-Finally nice to see a more aggressive Jesse as opposed to the softy we saw against Colgate.
-on to Brooklyn
I know people love Symir on this board but I don't see the genius of his game. He has been bad in the last two games. As the year progresses if he is struggling I'd like to see Q initiate the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom