Postgame Thoughts… UNC | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… UNC

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Well, the team battled.

What a game by Cole! Awesome performance.

Joe pulling up on the break with Cole underneath leading to the and 1 runout was rough. Props to him for that big time shot to force OT, after the horrendous turnover inbounding it.

Stunning how poorly we execute late in games. I mean, we forced OT but come on we had the ball up 1 and didn’t even get a shot.

Officiating was also pretty sporadic tonight.

Last edited:
Team played hard. Cole and Sidibe played their hearts out.

The coaching and failure to recruit and keep pats players has killed is this year. It is what it is.

Gotta hope FSU passes us so we get the 11 seed…avoid Duke…win 5 games in 5 days…and no I don’t have the winning lottery numbers hah.

If Joe passes the ball to Cole we win that game.
That play was a 5 point swing and hurt us.

I am so ready for hope and change.
It sucks I have zero confidence at all Jim Boeheim will turn this program to be anything more than a Bubble team to 8 seed team in the NCAAT.
It just sucks.

Can we hire an inbounds coach?
I hear they have hired a consultant to help with some of the inbounding difficulties, and he's pretty well known:

090914_Signals_promo.png

If Joe passes the ball to Cole we win that game.
That play was a 5 point swing and hurt us.

I am so ready for hope and change.
It sucks I have zero confidence at all Jim Boeheim will turn this program to be anything more than a Bubble team to 8 seed team in the NCAAT.
It just sucks.
That was the play of the game. Quite frankly, unacceptable.

Kudos to Cole. Unreal game. Kudos to Sid. Played with a lot of heart. Definitely isn't 100% and still gave it his all.

Joe had a bad, bad game. I don't even know what to say.

We went to Jimmy as our primary ball handler to pull out their big as though it would help. Jimmy is not Draymond. In the first half he was getting smoked on defense every possession.

The brothers had 25 FGA for 24 points. Fold in Joe and it was 37 FGA and 35 points. End of the day, you just can't win with that type of inefficiency on O, even with a Cole game, and being horrific on D.

The bigger point, though, is that the team structure has been and is a mess.

I really hope the kids can get the W against Miami to go out on a high note. We're in real danger of finishing under .500

Got banned from replying in the game thread, so if you don't hear from me again in this one, just assume it's the same deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom