Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
- BC is rough, especially with only 7 scholarship players. Tough.

- Game never really truly in doubt thanks to point 1 above, even though we never truly pulled away.

- Buddy and Joe with some nice catch and shoot plays early on. Some forces late.

- Late second half, our PG on the bench against some pressure? That was odd imo.

- Ajak got himself in the box score. Man will sleep well tonight.

If any other kid on the team gave up and got out toughed like that they'd be pulled. Why would anyone else scrap when that effort slides?
Q got pulled and ripped in the first half because of lack of effort. In JB's defense, it did seem like less than 100% from Q, especially compared to his normal 200% effort.

Buddy's foot speed and casual handle late almost handed this one over to BC if not for their being inept. Weird game. JB subbed like a madman late first half. At times we were sleep walking in this one. BC played about as good as that group they put out there can play which is kudos to JC for just getting a team with nothing but pride to play for to hustle and keep pushing.

Kadary not being out there late as a ballhandler is odd.

Good to get to 12 wins. This effort beats BC but not many others but it looked like we didn't have much respect for BC at times.

Does this guarantee a non-losing season? (pending make-up games)

Q got pulled and ripped in the first half because of lack of effort. In JB's defense, it did seem like less than 100% from Q, especially compared to his normal 200% effort.
Wait. Are you referring to the time that he lost the ball out of bounds by trying to be showy with that behind the back pass? He wasn't pulled at that time because of lack of effort. He was pulled because that was stupid.

Negative. Ajax 6'10 215 pounds forward not enough run. Bump inside. He's got to play some PF for us next year too. If he can't get 10 minutes against a short-handed BC/Carolina state. at forward what are we going to do against taller teams, hope to shoot 44% from 3 with no post up?

Positive. Good rebounding Guerrier and Dolezaj down the stretch. Griff game-changer late. Defensive numbers impressive getting better, especially with a short bench. However, even Brass Guerrier gonna get beat at the forwards against taller teams on top of getting stuffed at center.

Last edited:
Wait. Are you referring to the time that he lost the ball out of bounds by trying to be showy with that behind the back pass? He wasn't pulled at that time because of lack of effort. He was pulled because that was stupid.
You're right. But, iirc, once he got back in, I think he got pulled again really quickly.

Didnt watch the game cause I have Xfinity. But looking at the box score the team with only 7 scholarship players played as many people as we did? And only lost the rebound battle by 4??

Didnt watch the game cause I have Xfinity. But looking at the box score the team with only 7 scholarship players played as many people as we did? And only lost the rebound battle by 4??
It was never in doubt. Some errors, for sure, though.

analytics are useless, per our head coach.
"it wasn't me "

R-8625697-1502467018-6319.jpeg.jpg

when they hit it from the corner...it wasn't me
when they bang it down under ...it wasn't me
when they light up from downtown ...it wasn't me

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics