Postgame Thoughts... Duke | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke

Flipped over to ESPN Radio for a few and just heard this on my drive work about Duke recruiting/money. Didn't know where to drop this.

They were all talking NBA and Jay Williams started talking about Quinn Snyder and how well he liked him for recruiting him to Duke. Keyshawn Johnson then jumped in and said how much did he pay you. Jay paused... and then didn't hesitate to say less than you got at USC. No mention of actual dollars but openly acknowledged getting money to go to Duke on the air.

We all know the Duke dollars stories, but I hadn't heard a former player talk openly about it. He brotherhood.
This morning, Jay Williams was talking about his NYC basement flooding last night. Keyshawn asked if it's a nice basement with TVs, etc. Jay said it was. Key then followed up with you'll have to use some of that Duke money to clean it up. Jay then said you mean the money I got before Duke like your pre-USC money. Again, openly acknowledges getting money but does say it wasn't from Duke.

Last edited:
This morning, Jay Williams was talking about his NYC basement flooding last night. Keyshawn asked if it's a nice basement with TVs, etc. Jay said it was. Key then followed up with you'll have to use some of that Duke money to clean it up. Jay then said you mean the money I got before Duke like your pre-USC money. Again, openly acknowledges getting money buy does say it wasn't from Duke.
I heard that, too. It's a big joke. Some schools are untouchable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom