Posting OT threads in the middle of basketball season on ball board. | Syracusefan.com

Posting OT threads in the middle of basketball season on ball board.

We have four OT boards but everyone thinks that their stream of conscious ramblings are suitable for the basketball board. Why even have Off topic boards?

image-1433670446.jpg

If there is a thread I don't like or am not interested in, I usually don't click on it.

I believe the OT is for those that don't want to read OT stuff . . . . . . yet they still must get involved . . . . . seems childish to me.

We have four OT boards but everyone thinks that their stream of conscious ramblings are suitable for the basketball board. Why even have Off topic boards?

Why read OT threads if you don't want to. Why have a problem with it. Do you act this way over CTO's OT threads?

The basketball board gets the most traffic no matter the time of year, which is why it attracts OT threads. It's all about traffic and "eyes on thread".

Just seems kind of dumb to have four off topic boards if everyone just uses the basketball board...I know why people do it.

It also bumps threads off the first page which is kind of annoying.

But if no one else has a problem with it then I guess I'll just go with it. This board is for "suggestions" right?

Just seems kind of dumb to have four off topic boards if everyone just uses the basketball board...I know why people do it.

It also bumps threads off the first page which is kind of annoying.

But if no one else has a problem with it then I guess I'll just go with it. This board is for "suggestions" right?
Pffft noooo. Its so people think they are being heard. We have a suggestion box at work. They just dump them into the trash or delete them from the folder.

Just my opinion…

I interpret the Off-topic board as the "political" board, which means when I post something there I know that it's going to be contentious or controversial to some people. But if I want to share something light-hearted that I think everyone will get a kick out of, I think putting it on the basketball board is fine.

Just my opinion…

I interpret the Off-topic board as the "political" board, which means when I post something there I know that it's going to be contentious or controversial to some people. But if I want to share something light-hearted that I think everyone will get a kick out of, I think putting it on the basketball board is fine.

The OT Board should be renamed the Political Issues Board or Politics and News Board for that very reason. I agree that some of the OT stuff on the BBall board doesn't really belong on the OT board. Humor or Entertainment, yes.

My biggest pet peeve with the OT posts in the BBall and Football forums has more to do with the professional team stuff. I hate reading about Yankees and Red Sox hot stove BS on those boards. Thankfully we added a pro sports forum for that stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an OT post to add on the BBall Board. :D

For example, a few weeks ago I posted that link to the "biggest of the movie Home Alone" and the thread got well over 100 replies. It would have been wrong for a thread that awesome to be hidden away on the OT board for so few to enjoy.

Maybe threads can be moved after a certain number of replies. ..
dreading more traffic to the or boards.

If its labeled OT I don't see a problem with it and again this is something often enough done by the site admins so its really follow the leader unless they want to make the OT a politics forum and have a new OT forum which would also require a pinned post at the top of the bball forum detailing what is OT and what is exceptable.

In other words there is no problem as long as they continue to be labeled OT the those that don't want to read them simply don't scan past rather than making a big deal about nothing.

My problem lately is that threads take a turn and end up getting way off topic. It would be nice if the hoops recruiting thread called "Moustapha Diagne" did not have pictures of cheerleaders and scantily clad women. I like those two things but if it is the hoops board thread, let's stay on topic.

I, like a lot of other people, read this board at work. It would be nice if I could continue to do so without bikini pictures showing up in these threads. Put those pics in the Entertainment forum. I would have a lot of explaining to do if somebody saw that on my work PC.

My problem lately is that threads take a turn and end up getting way off topic. It would be nice if the hoops recruiting thread called "Moustapha Diagne" did not have pictures of cheerleaders and scantily clad women. I like those two things but if it is the hoops board thread, let's stay on topic.

I, like a lot of other people, read this board at work. It would be nice if I could continue to do so without bikini pictures showing up in these threads. Put those pics in the Entertainment forum. I would have a lot of explaining to do if somebody saw that on my work PC.

This makes me sound like a real bag but I hate it when I see a thread about a big time recruiting target bumped, click it, and its nonsense.

Still feel the same way after CTO posted that thread about the dog show? Just curious. You should let her know if you do.

Dawg!!

I don't have a problem with so much as I just wish they'd go on the OT side to help raise the profile of that side of the forum.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom