Jack FineFOFr.

Last edited:
In the transfer portal:

Zach Lee (Transfer to St Joes)
JT Stirpe (Transfer to Richmond)
Luke Talago
Nate McPeak (Transfer to Georgetown)

Nate Garlow (Grad Transfer to Richmond)

I don't think Buttermore is coming back, unfortunately. Perhaps the coaching change will carry some weight, but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't think Buttermore is coming back, unfortunately. Perhaps the coaching change will carry some weight, but I wouldn't count on it.

Someone has to replace Trimbo on the 1st mid line.

I'm sure between now and August the portal will be busy.

I appreciate you putting this together, OX. One edit I’d suggest is that incoming ‘21 Nathan LeVine is a SSDM. He’s been described as such in every write-up & I’ve yet to see any highlights of him with a pole.

This actually led me to ponder something. We’ve seen a few recent players come in & play with a pole before making the switch to SSDM (Helmer, Murphy, Barlow, Olexo) but I’m not recalling a recent player to switch from shorty to pole once on campus. Obviously most remember Joel White famously doing so following fall-ball as a frosh in ‘08 & becoming one of the best ever but has there been anyone since?

Last edited:
Thanks for list. Believe at least three listed will not be returning and that number could go as high as eight.

i mean, not knowing all the redshirt seniors that'll be back but assuming a decent amount that'll compete for time, cuse brings a lot back.
duke had 16-17 grad students. unc has lost their top d man and 5 of their top 6 mids. nd with their grad transfers has to be losing a decent amount including their d.

obviously, questions abound about whether the d can be shored up and prevent high teen-20's efforts when the offense isn't keeping pace, but it's not like the cupboard is bare.

question - were a decent amount of cuse injuries lower body? i suspect they're on turf 95-99% of the time.

4 acl's on turf this past year, Tenaglia, Clary, DiPietro and Buttermore. Previous year, Berkman and Staats. Dont know football numbers

4 acl's on turf this past year, Tenaglia, Clary, DiPietro and Buttermore. Previous year, Berkman and Staats. Dont know football numbers
thanks.
they should think about getting on grass some when they can.

We have an indoor turf practice field, and an outdoor grass field.

Most of the ACC road games are on grass.

We have an indoor turf practice field, and an outdoor grass field.

Most of the ACC road games are on grass.
thanks. anecdotal, we got turf several years ago and play on grass every chance we get. other programs jump on the turf. within those years and beyond when it was only turf at other school's games, the vast majority of acl's were on turf. as was our school's for other sports.
3x for pcl tears and 60% ^ for acl's. other studies showed 40% ^ acl's.

been there and understand limitations on upstate fields especially as the season now gets going in january. just an observation that putting emphasis on getting out on grass during the week may pay off, when possible.

thanks. anecdotal, we got turf several years ago and play on grass every chance we get. other programs jump on the turf. within those years and beyond when it was only turf at other school's games, the vast majority of acl's were on turf. as was our school's for other sports.
3x for pcl tears and 60% ^ for acl's. other studies showed 40% ^ acl's.

been there and understand limitations on upstate fields especially as the season now gets going in january. just an observation that putting emphasis on getting out on grass during the week may pay off, when possible.

Not all grass and turf fields are created equal. My son had a tibial spine fracture on a crappy grass field. It was uneven and had little islands of grass with hard dirt around them. Then there are muddy fields, etc.

Turf can be under/over filled and there is varying lengths of the artificial grass, both at installation (regardless of what is contracted for) and due to wear. Also, turf can be impacted by quality of drainage - not all installations are equal.

My point is the science isn't all that sound - a lot of confounding variables that don't seem to be accounted for.

I appreciate you putting this together, OX. One edit I’d suggest is that incoming ‘21 Nathan LeVine is a SSDM. He’s been described as such in every write-up & I’ve yet to see any highlights of him with a pole.

This actually led me to ponder something. We’ve seen a few recent players come in & play with a pole before making the switch to SSDM (Helmer, Murphy, Barlow, Olexo) but I’m not recalling a recent player to switch from shorty to pole once on campus. Obviously most remember Joel White famously doing so following fall-ball as a frosh in ‘08 & becoming one of the best ever but has there been anyone since?

Levine will have a chance to play right away, SSDM is deep but injuries and inconsistent play have created an opening.

Bunch of Syracuse players working out together in Northern CA. Good to see. Looks like Frankie Hapney, Blake Erlbeck, Caden Kol, Griffin Cook, Pat Duffy, Brandon Avilles, Liam Ferris, Nick Papa, Tommy Drago and Samantha Olexo were all hanging out together.

Bunch of Syracuse players working out together in Northern CA. Good to see. Looks like Frankie Hapney, Blake Erlbeck, Caden Kol, Griffin Cook, Pat Duffy, Brandon Avilles, Liam Ferris, Nick Papa, Tommy Drago and Samantha Olexo were all hanging out together.

Erlbeck & Kol are both Cali natives. Though it’s mostly ‘20 guys, it’s great to see players from multiple classes training together. Based purely on his HS tape & ridiculous stats, I expect Drago to break-out at LSM next year after redshirting.

Erlbeck & Kol are both Cali natives. Though it’s mostly ‘20 guys, it’s great to see players from multiple classes training together. Based purely on his HS tape & ridiculous stats, I expect Drago to break-out at LSM next year after redshirting.
Got me thinking as we've had for more players from SoCal (especially San Diego going back to Spencer Wright) than NorCal. Other than Kol, who is from NorCal and went to Concord De LaSalle before year at Salisbury, I'm drawing blanks on other player from the Bay Area.

Not sure who it is (no SU helmets are pictured, maybe it’s Fine), but one SU fogo is training with Greg Gurenlian this off season. Nice to see.

Not sure who it is (no SU helmets are pictured, maybe it’s Fine), but one SU fogo is training with Greg Gurenlian this off season. Nice to see.

Isn't it Phaup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom