Potential disturbing rumor | Syracusefan.com

Potential disturbing rumor

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Was just told from a source of mine that there is information coming from the Sports dept at SU ( Im guessing they mean the AD's office or sports info director) ESPN is expected to break a story today about additional (alleged) victims coming forward. I can;t 100% vouch form this but it did come from an employee within SU.

ugh...I wonder if this has to do with the Facebook victim

Great...

My biggest fear since this ordeal began was the prospect of other alleged victims coming forward.

Was just told from a source of mine that there is information coming from the Sports dept at SU ( Im guessing they mean the AD's office or sports info director) ESPN is expected to break a story today about additional (alleged) victims coming forward. I can;t 100% vouch form this but it did come from an employee within SU.

Board, engage "freak out" mode.

Although, why would the AD or SID office suddenly have this information? It's the police that are investigating, not SU...

ESPN only provides stories on possible victims. There will be no stories, as far as I can tell, coming from ESPN from people who think Bernie was a fine man.

it will be very interesting to hear them names if true.i know so many of the people from that neighborhood.it was where i grew up and my parents still live over there.
Seriously, have you been in contact with Fine's attorney?

Retro, you need to step up, as many have said.

Hope this isn't true--but I'll also point out that on Sunday there was a rumor about some damning tape that was going to come forward. We haven't seen anything a few days later, which probably means that the rumor doesn't have any validity [yet, obviously].

Hope this rumor doesn't have legs, either.

Great...

My biggest fear since this ordeal began was the prospect of other alleged victims coming forward.
Let it play out a bit...a day or so ago we were dealing with videos. If this happened, its good that the victims are coming forward.

Although, why would the AD or SID office suddenly have this information? It's the police that are investigating, not SU...

I think they may just have the heads up from ESPN that something is coming, remember they knew in advance last week before the story was going to run.

Don't let LongIsland see this.

I've been of the mindset that there were always going to be others that step forward as soon as they opened a hotline for it.

Doesn't mean they are legit or not but the fact that it's over a week later has me wondering what to make of it.

Could mean that the Athletic Dept. was notified there is more coming out. I'll believe it when I see it. No reason to go in meltdown mode over a rumor.

Let it play out a bit...a day or so ago we were dealing with videos. If this happened, its good that the victims are coming forward.

Agree 100%--check out my post a few slots above [think we must have been posting at the same time].

I think they may just have the heads up from ESPN that something is coming, remember they knew in advance last week before the story was going to run.

That seems like a really strange way to handle a story as big as breaking this would be. But what do I know?

why would espn notify s.u. in advance?

you would think they would want to blind side them as they did the first time

To try to get their reaction?

I've been of the mindset that there were always going to be others that step forward as soon as they opened a hotline for it.

Doesn't mean they are legit or not but the fact that it's over a week later has me wondering what to make of it.
Sure. It doesnt seem to crazy to think that we live in a world where people do things like filing fake death certificates after 9-11 to cash in on insurance, or people copping to crimes they didnt commit. So even if someone comes forward you have to deal with all the stuff they are doing on Davis/Lang now...

Could mean that the Athletic Dept. was notified there is more coming out. I'll believe it when I see it. No reason to go in meltdown mode over a rumor.
I think I would rather meltdown now, and find out later that all is well. Then feel like all is well now, then be devastated later.

They did? I didnt hear that. interesting.

Nobody notified SU that this story was going to run last week. Where did that tidbit come from?

It was said on the board the night this thing broke that SU was not notified in advance - is that not the case?

Agree 100%--check out my post a few slots above [think we must have been posting at the same time].
Yeah, JINX! I am story fatigued at this point...although in some odd way I think it actually could help our team as the season goes on. Spotlight off of them for the moment, get to come together a play like a family backed into a corner. Maybe I am just trying to change the subject...