Potential Fine Lot Tailgate Changes / Your help needed

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Hello everyone, as most of you are surely aware the parking structure/process has been completely overhauled by SU.

The new process is completely different for securing parking passes and is now calculated (for the most part) on your donations for that calendar year and your amount of priority points. Longevity and years of having a pass are no longer considered which has put the tailgate into some uncertainty as our major contributors are all across the donation spectrum.

At this point we are working hard to try and ensure those core group members who make the tailgates possible will have a west lot parking pass this fall so the tailgates will continue. However, as you can imagine this a complex process with a lot of uncertainly so it is unclear how things will work out or if the tailgate will need to break up or move.

At this point were pursuing multiple options to keep the tailgate going and can use your help in this endeavor. If you are someone with a higher donor rank who qualifies for a football parking pass and doesn't purchase one or if you can add a ticket or two to your season tickets and become eligible for a second pass please PM myself and Consigliere as we would like to speak with you. We will keep everyone updated as this process moves forward and on the future of the Fine Lot Tailgate.

Thank you.

Cuseregular

All American
Needless to say that if somone helps us in this regard the way Jeremy notes above the Fine Mess tailgate group would be defraying and covering any extra costs of procuring a parking pass through you if you don't get one currently and also for any the extra tix bought to be eligible to get another parking pass as well as for the extra pass itself. Thx

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Needless to say that if somone helps us in this regard the way Jeremy notes above the Fine Mess tailgate group would be defraying and covering any extra costs of procuring a parking pass through you if you don't get one currently and also for any the extra tix bought to be eligible to get another parking pass as well as the pass itself.
Yes, thanks you CR for clarifying this!

Consigliere

All Conference
Just to add a bit more detail:

We're looking for posters with a Donor Rank of 1500 or better. You can see the donor rank from your MyCuse Account web Page via the Donor Rank link at the top of the page.

If you are at this level and:

a. purchase season tickets but don't buy parking passes or
b. buy seasons but prefer to park in Manley or Skytop

we would paypal the money for you to buy a Fine lot pass (or buy a Skytop / Manley pass and trade with you.

If you are at this level and"

a. DON'T buy season tickets or:
b. buy seasons but are close to qualifying for an additional pass

we would paypal the money for you to buy additional season tickets on your account (you get the credit for the donation portion) plus a Fine lot pass. Passes are allocated based on the number of season tickets on your account:

1 - 4 tickets - 1 pass
5 - 8 tickets - 2 passes
9 - 12 tickets - 3 passes, etc.

If you are willing to help and fit one of these scenarios PM JeremyCuse or me with your current Donor Rank and number of tickets on your account. Again, you will be fully funded and will receive two complementary passes to the best tailgate on the Hill for a game of your choice.

We are not trying to accommodate the entire group, but need help ensuring that our grill guy, heavy equipment transporters, caterers and BEER GUY! have parking passes. The alternative is to move to South Campus, downsize considerably, shorten the tailgate by about an hour and lose some of our long term friends with limited mobility who would be challenged by the shuttle service

upperdeck

Living Legend
if you went to skytop the mobility issue is actually pretty good.. the bus to get on is pretty quick and avoids the bigger line and the drop off is right at the dome so no walk at all. I dont think that bus stops for anyone at Manley but I have never asked.

Cuseregular

All American
if you went to skytop the mobility issue is actually pretty good.. the bus to get on is pretty quick and avoids the bigger line and the drop off is right at the dome so no walk at all. I dont think that bus stops for anyone at Manley but I have never asked.
the drop off is at the dome? Really? Cuz anytime I've come in from Manley they drop you off somewhere over by the frats.

upperdeck

Living Legend
at skytop the bus for people with mobility issues drops off/picks up at the dome. the other buses over by the quad. i dont know if that bus stops at manley.. it didnt the times I have been on it.

SUFaninNJ

All American
at skytop the bus for people with mobility issues drops off/picks up at the dome. the other buses over by the quad. i dont know if that bus stops at manley.. it didnt the times I have been on it.
The Sky Top bus drives through the Manley parking lot but does not drop off/pick up there. I'm referring to the regular Sky Top bus as I have not ridden the one for people with mobility issues.

Consigliere

All Conference
Noticed a couple of changes from the original emailed donor playbook and the new hard copy. They fixed the premium zone amount for D Level tickets so it is higher than non-preferred and looks like they changed the donor rank calculation so that Priority Points now becomes the secondary criteria rather than current year giving. That change recognizes long term donors overt the late to the party whales as lifetime giving to Athletics and to the University are large components.

Jake

Mod
Staff member
It does not. I goes directly to gate A.

Top Bottom