Potential Recruiting Class | Syracusefan.com

Potential Recruiting Class

CuseMan4

Starter
Thomas Grayson (chance he commits this weekend)
Mikel Jones (will be tougher to get but good to get a visit)
Lee Kpogba (wouldn’t be surprised if he commits after this weekend)
Malik Brooks (strong Syracuse lean if/when we offer)
Darius Robinson (strong Syracuse lean)
Cornelius Nunn (just decommited from Miami, I get the sense he will be Orange)
Jawhar Jordan (enrolling next semester)

Transfer
James Hudson (would be surprised if he doesn’t commit after this weekend)

Transfer eligible next year
Abdul Adams
Trishton Jackson

I think our strong season is starting to show on the recruiting trail. These are just kids we know of as well. THERE WILL BE MORE SURPRISES THIS WEEKEND. After the recruiting start we had, this has the potential to be a really strong class. Trust the coaches. It’s a hell of a time to be a Syracuse football fan again.

Transfer

Abdul Adams
Trishton Jackson

I think our strong season is starting to show on the recruiting trail. These are just kids we know of as well. THERE WILL BE MORE SURPRISES THIS WEEKEND. After the recruiting start we had, this has the potential to be a really strong class. Trust the coaches. It’s a hell of a time to be a Syracuse football fan again.
These kids are all going to commit this weekend? I hope so, but seems unlikely. I would consider it a GREAT weekend if we got one of Grayson, Jones, Kpongba, or Hudson to commit this weekend.

Transfer

Abdul Adams
Trishton Jackson

Pretty accurate list. Jones I don’t think we have a chance at, and I don’t know if we offer Brooks. I also don’t share your optimism on Nunn. But besides that, yeah, gotta feel pretty good about it

These kids are all going to commit this weekend? I hope so, but seems unlikely. I would consider it a GREAT weekend if we got one of Grayson, Jones, Kpongba, or Hudson to commit this weekend.
I don’t think they will all commit this weekend but I wouldn’t be surprised if they commit within the next two weeks. Jones and Grayson will be the toughest to get out of those 4 in my opinion. I do see Grayson here eventually. Jones will be a tougher get because of the other teams on him and he already has more visits scheduled.

Grayson has to be on the outside looking in. IF Jordan does in fact enroll, adding Grayson would make 6 running backs and I think that's too many. 5 max.

Grayson has to be on the outside looking in. IF Jordan does in fact enroll, adding Grayson would make 6 running backs and I think that's too many. 5 max.
One will get moved to slot I'm sure. Also not sure how much longer Markenzy Pierre will be in an Orange uni.

One will get moved to slot I'm sure. Also not sure how much longer Markenzy Pierre will be in an Orange uni.

You can't just move a player to the slot if they don't fit. The only player who 'might' fit is Jordan. We also already have a ton of slot guys. Riley, Johnson, Lutz and Courtney Jackson are pegged for the slot and Queeley has been working there - along with RTB I think.

Pierre will be a junior this season. Maybe he leaves before then or maybe he doesn't.

jordan wont count for our rankings but would probably be our 1-2nd highest kid right now.

Can always move them around if they can't get pt at rb. Depending on their size... they can be used as cb,s,wr,lb,pr,kr and special teams. They are usually the better athletes on the team. I agree there has to be a limit at some point.

Definitely do have a lot of numbers there. However, Jordan can be moved around a lot to create match up problems. You can put him at RB, Slot, run him deep, wildcat, jet sweeps and eventually return kicks. Kid is talented and will be one of the fastest/ most agile kids in college football. You get kids like him the ball however you can because anything can happen. Think Tavon Austin, he honestly has that potential in this offensive system.

After the season we are having I'm really hoping for a strong class this cycle. Dino has done a decent job the last two classes and expect more out of this one with the season we are having!

You can't just move a player to the slot if they don't fit. The only player who 'might' fit is Jordan. We also already have a ton of slot guys. Riley, Johnson, Lutz and Courtney Jackson are pegged for the slot and Queeley has been working there - along with RTB I think.

Pierre will be a junior this season. Maybe he leaves before then or maybe he doesn't.

yes, what about Pierre says slot? It's not a position of need anyway.

Definitely do have a lot of numbers there. However, Jordan can be moved around a lot to create match up problems. You can put him at RB, Slot, run him deep, wildcat, jet sweeps and eventually return kicks. Kid is talented and will be one of the fastest/ most agile kids in college football. You get kids like him the ball however you can because anything can happen. Think Tavon Austin, he honestly has that potential in this offensive system.
Man I remember Tavon when he was in college, dude was serious. No downside with that comparison at all. Thanks for sharing the update on the recruits.

Not if the dome’s 1/3 empty

BIG James Hudson

Memories of John Glass lol.

I believe that was "BIG" John Glass to you!
He did that with every damn lineman on their team. It used to be Sooooo funny!

Until we have a back run for 1000 yards in a season, I'm not sure we have too many.

agree 100% and If one back steps up and seizes the job they'll hit 1000. Because it's by committee our backs don't get enough carries to hit that mark. At 5 yards a clip you need 16.7 carries a game over 12 games.

Moe - 111/561 ; 5.0 avg > 12.3 carries per game
Donte - 77/366 ; 4.6 avg > 8.5 carries per game
Jarveon - 45/232 ; 5.0 avg > 6.6 carries per game

Travis Green @ Bowling Green under HCDB

279/1594 ; 5.7 avg > 19.9 carries per game
180 / 949 ; 5.3 avg > 15 carries per game
223/1299 ; 5.8 avg > 15.92 carries per game

it shows the offense is working about the same as what he had at BG but against better D so it regresses slightly. We need backs who are a little better at contact or a little better at running away from contact..

If Jordan has good hands, I see him playing slot all day.

Jordan could be like the young man at Purdue, a playmaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom