Practical Suggestions for each position | Syracusefan.com

Practical Suggestions for each position

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Center, feed Jesse all day long when he is not being bullied. When doubled pass off to Malic ASAP.
Forwards. Brown is doing what he should do given his skills. Justin and Chris can be great shooters if we can get them free. We need to keep the ball moving so they get berrer setups. We are not getting enough production from them.
Joe. Needs to have better shot selection. Coach has to reel him in.
Judah. We see two Judah's; scoring Judah or passing Judah. Seems like he plays with a predetermined mind set. He should be able to manage the game with more flexibility. Take what the defense gives you instead of too often forcing it.
Symir. He should have greater usage given that he has the same net points as Judah. Need his experience and steady hand in crunch time when good decision making counts.

I would like to see a lineup of Mintz/Taylor/Bell/Brown/Edwards .. I am not big into stats but I am not sure we have seen this yet? Run a 1/5 or 1/4 pick and roll and have Taylor and Bell spread the floor. On defense have Taylor not leak out from the top instead come down and help rebound.

Joe has to score 15+ for us to beat anybody decent.

Do whatever makes that happen, rebound, don’t turn the ball over, and hope the opponent misses some 3’s.

Forwards. Brown is doing what he should do given his skills.
Regarding Brown... I think many of us are discounting the fact that he might actually have other elements of his game where he could contribute more than dunks. However, he seems to be doing exactly what Boeheim wants (unlike some forwards). Therefore, not so sure about him but one thing I do know is that I love him getting more minutes and starting.

Joe has to score 15+ for us to beat anybody decent.

Do whatever makes that happen, rebound, don’t turn the ball over, and hope the opponent misses some 3’s.
Maybe, but I think it depends on how many minutes he's getting. If he gets 36 min or so (like against Virginia), then I agree, he HAS to contribute offensively with 15+. However, if in a game like that he sits the bench since he's struggling and only plays something like 20min, we might be okay if someone else can fill in (i.e. Symir). Therefore, for me, it boils down to how much run he gets. We just can't have a black hole.

I think sometimes when looking to sub for Joe, JB should use Justin instead of Symir. There’s not enough shooting on the floor if Symir and Judah are on the floor together. Use Symir to sub for Judah. It also gives us more size and the ability to get Chris and Justin on the floor.

Maybe, but I think it depends on how many minutes he's getting. If he gets 36 min or so (like against Virginia), then I agree, he HAS to contribute offensively with 15+. However, if in a game like that he sits the bench since he's struggling and only plays something like 20min, we might be okay if someone else can fill in (i.e. Symir). Therefore, for me, it boils down to how much run he gets. We just can't have a black hole.

If scenario 2 happens, Taylor and Bell have to step up big. We can’t win games against quality opponents only making a handful of threes. The offense just doesn’t have enough balance if we’re not forcing the opponent to extend.

If scenario 2 happens, Taylor and Bell have to step up big. We can’t win games against quality opponents only making a handful of threes. The offense just doesn’t have enough balance if we’re not forcing the opponent to extend.
We don’t win games against quality opponents at all.

We don’t win games against quality opponents at all.

take it back tina fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Well "quality opponent" does not take into account location. We certainly have not really had a quality win. Would really go a long way if we could get one. Maybe even two.

I read "don't" as "won't"

I left out Benny. As others have said, Maliq is not good for 40 minutes. Benny is the best fill-in at PF but he is not best suited for that position. He plays like a 3.

I left out Benny. As others have said, Maliq is not good for 40 minutes. Benny is the best fill-in at PF but he is not best suited for that position. He plays like a 3.
Does he though?

Perhaps I should have said that he plays like a poor man's 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom