Practice Report | Syracusefan.com

Practice Report

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Was on campus last night and saw about 30 seconds of practice. This is what I saw:

The team was scrimmaging. Howard Washington was playing PG for one of the teams. He got a steal and took a 3 pointer in transition. Missed it. Guerrier got the rebound and made a nice outlet pass. A walk on took a wide open jumper and missed.

Marek was playing and was the target of a pass that went out of bounds. I didn't see any wrap or indication his finger is still bothering him.

Edwards looks really thin. Not Cat Rescuer thin but close.

Guerrier tried a 3/4 court length shot at the buzzer and missed really really badly.

Brendan Paul was on another court by himself, practicing shooting.

That is all I got. Sorry it wasn't full of nuggets but I thought it would be better than nothing in this quiet time before the first scrimmage.

Normally I'd say something is better than nothing but based on our report..... Only kidding, I appreciate any news--good or bad. Based on the summer games, I'm just hoping we can win more than we lose and keep our streak alive.

Can you describe the body language of each and every player so that we might speculate about chemistry and conjure fictional scenarios that we might run with and make gospel in our minds and post irrationally on this board?

3/4 court jumpers, Howard Washington running full loose-cannon, walk-ons brazenly refusing to participate with the rest of the team, Dolezaj can't catch passes (I assume he had a smoke in his hand that he didn't want to break). Sounds like Boeheim has lost control of the team!

Was on campus last night and saw about 30 seconds of practice. This is what I saw:

The team was scrimmaging. Howard Washington was playing PG for one of the teams. He got a steal and took a 3 pointer in transition. Missed it. Guerrier got the rebound and made a nice outlet pass. A walk on took a wide open jumper and missed.

Marek was playing and was the target of a pass that went out of bounds. I didn't see any wrap or indication his finger is still bothering him.

Guerrier tried a 3/4 court length shot at the buzzer and missed really really badly.

That is all I got. Sorry it wasn't full of nuggets but I thought it would be better than nothing in this quiet time before the first scrimmage.
this concerns me. all of it.
JB's first losing season is upon us

all in

I’m not assuming anything based on the Italy games, gotta wait for the real games to start

Wonder if Guerrier has vision issues

Thought Sidibe looked REALLY mobile as well. At least I think that was Sidibe at the other big. And talk about CatRescuer frames, Braswell and Ajak were walking in as giacofan and I were leaving. They make Marek look like Louie Anderson!

How times have changed where 1 game above .500 is considered a success. :(

It's less a measure of an 'adequate' season than it is the first thing we can accomplish each year. When we get that 17th win, we can celebrate continuing the streak and then move on to other goals. If we can't accomplish that goal, the rest of them aren't possible.

It's less a measure of an 'adequate' season than it is the first thing we can accomplish each year. When we get that 17th win, we can celebrate continuing the streak and then move on to other goals. If we can't accomplish that goal, the rest of them aren't possible.
I hear you, Steve, and I appreciate that you don't take shots at other posters even when you disagree with their take on things.

I get it. We want the streak to continue. But in the hypothetical world of bargaining with the devil, I'd gladly take a losing season if it meant we could return to another golden age the following year. The streak is a nice feather in our cap but I doubt recruits and the rest of the world really care about those stats. The players that make the machine hum care about draftability and maybe to a lesser extent playing for a winning team that gets them on sportscenter every night.

3/4 court jumpers, Howard Washington running full loose-cannon, walk-ons brazenly refusing to participate with the rest of the team, Dolezaj can't catch passes (I assume he had a smoke in his hand that he didn't want to break). Sounds like Boeheim has lost control of the team!
Marek channeling his inner George McGinnis!

All of that in 30 seconds? Sounds like we are going up-tempo this year. You hear any scuttlebutt about Buddy going off scholly to free up a spot while you were there?

So, what I'm hearing you say, Tomcat, is:
  • The team can't shoot
  • Quincy Guerrier struggles with shot selection
  • Carey has been displaced at starting PG by Washington
  • Marek Dolezaj has hands of stone and can't catch the ball
  • We're really turnover prone
  • Edwards isn't as good as Sean Williams

Did I miss anything?

I hear you, Steve, and I appreciate that you don't take shots at other posters even when you disagree with their take on things.

I get it. We want the streak to continue. But in the hypothetical world of bargaining with the devil, I'd gladly take a losing season if it meant we could return to another golden age the following year. The streak is a nice feather in our cap but I doubt recruits and the rest of the world really care about those stats. The players that make the machine hum care about draftability and maybe to a lesser extent playing for a winning team that gets them on sportscenter every night.

How will having a losing record one year return us to a golden age the next? That's not the deal at all. There's no such thing as tanking to get a high draft choice. There's no virtue to breaking the streak of winning seasons so we should want to continue it.

How will having a losing record one year return us to a golden age the next? That's not the deal at all. There's no such thing as tanking to get a high draft choice. There's no virtue to breaking the streak of winning seasons so we should want to continue it.
That's not what I was saying. If you could sit at the table with the devil and he offered that bargain, would you take it? Forget whether it makes any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom