Prayers for one of our Brothers! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Prayers for one of our Brothers!

I only have a minute to post...heading into NYC and Memorial Sloan Kettering for a couple of appointments today ahead of my surgery tomorrow.

I can't even begin to tell you how much all of these well wishes lifted my spirits. I know I will beat this. Thanks so much.

By the way, I don't know what time my surgery is yet but it better be in the morning so I can watch us beat the living hell out of Pitt. I have my ipad and phone at the ready (in case I need the watchespn app), but I'm hoping it will be on in my hospital room. When I had my surgery set for today, I was like..."damn, SU plays Pitt that day."

Seriously, thanks, guys and LGO! As many of you said, I got this!

image.jpg
I only have a minute to post...heading into NYC and Memorial Sloan Kettering for a couple of appointments today ahead of my surgery tomorrow.

I can't even begin to tell you how much all of these well wishes lifted my spirits. I know I will beat this. Thanks so much.

By the way, I don't know what time my surgery is yet but it better be in the morning so I can watch us beat the living hell out of Pitt. I have my ipad and phone at the ready (in case I need the watchespn app), but I'm hoping it will be on in my hospital room. When I had my surgery set for today, I was like..."damn, SU plays Pitt that day."

WOW what a statement!!

Thats a huge TEE!!

When I was in the hospital eight years ago, I started bitching because the Syracuse game on espn2 was not available on the TV in my cardiac intensive care unit. The nurses thought my priorities were a bit screwy, but the cardiologist (even though a big UConn fan), loved my spirit, and, at that point, he told me that I definitely was going to be okay. Show the same determination, and all will be well!

tell your familiy to go to O'Flanagan's on 1st between 65th & 66th for food and drink when visiting you.

you can see it from MSK.

tell the bartender that 'Syracuse Kevin' sent them. theyll probably double the bill and try to get them to pay my tab, but after that...probably get a couple of free drinks.

the after 6 staff...is my crew.

i think the day bartender is now Chelsea, she knows me too.

good luck

Last edited:
tell your familiy to go to O'Flanagan's on 1st between 65th & 66th for food and drink when visiting you.

you can see it from MSK.

tell the bartender that 'Syracuse Kevin' sent them. theyll probably double the bill and try and get them to pay my tab, but after that...probably get a couple of free drinks.

the after 6 staff...is my crew.

i think the day bartender is now Chelsea, she knows me too.

good luck

And what happened then?
Well, in 'Cuseville they say
That the Kaiser's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Good form, Mr. K.

dont know whats being done- but those robots do a heck of a job imho- i lost 1/2 a kidney and would have been out after 2 days if they didnt insist on forcing me moriphine- makes me vomit like crazy -

told the nurse the 3rd day if she tried to give me anymore i was going to pull it out of the iv bag and stick it in her fu@#in eye- then the docs got involved and tried to force it on me for my own good- told them the same thing- i live with pain everyday because of my job destroying my body -i can handle a little pain-

when i was released they had the balls to give me a prescription for more- tore it up and threw it in his face

dont know whats being done- but those robots do a heck of a job imho- i lost 1/2 a kidney and would have been out after 2 days if they didnt insist on forcing me moriphine- makes me vomit like crazy -

told the nurse the 3rd day if she tried to give me anymore i was going to pull it out of the iv bag and stick it in her fu@#in eye- then the docs got involved and tried to force it on me for my own good- told them the same thing- i live with pain everyday because of my job destroying my body -i can handle a little pain-

when i was released they had the balls to give me a prescription for more- tore it up and threw it in his face
Not to hijack this thread, but a quick note on opiates that I hope you and others may find helpful: morphine "upsets" many patients - not surprised to hear your travails with it. In the event you do have a procedure / condition that requires a painkiller you might want to request dilaudid (hydromorphone). It's an opiate (same class as morphine) but in some ways a "cleaner" molecule, more easily metabolized by most folks, and (speaking anecdotally) less likely to induce nausea, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom