Prayers for one of our Brothers! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Prayers for one of our Brothers!

Ugh... Found out I'm not being admitted until 2:45, so surgery will be right in the middle of the game. Just my luck. After I come to, my first question to my loved ones will be: did Syracuse win?

Again, thanks for all the well wishes.

Not to hijack this thread, but a quick note on opiates that I hope you and others may find helpful: morphine "upsets" many patients - not surprised to hear your travails with it. In the event you do have a procedure / condition that requires a painkiller you might want to request dilaudid (hydromorphone). It's an opiate (same class as morphine) but in some ways a "cleaner" molecule, more easily metabolized by most folks, and (speaking anecdotally) less likely to induce nausea, etc.
My wife had major surgery yesterday (no not cancer) They had her on morphine and she cannot tolerate it so they move to the dilaudid. Wife pukes on morphine and with and 8 in incision on her upper abdomen thats not goot.

Not to hijack this thread, but a quick note on opiates that I hope you and others may find helpful: morphine "upsets" many patients - not surprised to hear your travails with it. In the event you do have a procedure / condition that requires a painkiller you might want to request dilaudid (hydromorphone). It's an opiate (same class as morphine) but in some ways a "cleaner" molecule, more easily metabolized by most folks, and (speaking anecdotally) less likely to induce nausea, etc.
If not the king of pain killers, right up there with the best.

I know a few people here know him personally. Anyone know how he made out?

First off, great win. We made shots when we had to make shots. We made some big free throws down the stretch,

I watched the first half live, 2nd half on the WatchESPN app on replay.

Oh yeah, my surgery went well. ;) The second I came to, I asked the nurse to push the tv near me (one of those hospital overhead models). I saw we won on the ESPN scroll.

Anyway, my dad and wife gave me some details and then I watched the replay of the 2nd half. Our defense was once again the key.

I told my wife I thought 60 points would win it, 59 did.

One night in the hospital and I should be home tomorrow. I have my own room and am watching -Lousville now. I'm king of the castle.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes and concern. It really put me in a great frame of mind as I faced surgery and the Cuse win really made me happy. Big boost to my morale.

To paraphrase the great Mike Tyson: how dare cancer challenge me with its primitive skills.":rolling:<--- that's me mocking cancer.

LGO!

Ugh... Found out I'm not being admitted until 2:45, so surgery will be right in the middle of the game. Just my luck. After I come to, my first question to my loved ones will be: did Syracuse win?

Again, thanks for all the well wishes.

We won, Iommi!! (In case no one knew). Hope all went well!! All of our thoughts were with you. I said several times during the game to the 35+ I was watching with that one of our forum members was undergoing cancer surgery, and that this game was for you!!

First off, great win. We made shots when we had to make shots. We made some big free throws down the stretch,

Oh yeah, my surgery went well. ;) The second I came to, I asked the nurse to push the tv near me (one of those hospital overhead models). I saw we won on the ESPN scroll.

Anyway, my dad and wife gave me some details and then I watched the replay of the 2nd half. Our defense was once again the key.

One night in the hospital and I should be home tomorrow. I have my own room and am watching -Lousville now. I'm king of the castle.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes and concern. It really put me in a great frame of mind as I faced surgery and the Cuse win really made me happy. Big boost to my morale.

To paraphrase the great Mike Tyson: how dare cancer challenge me with its primitive skills.":rolling:<--- that's me mocking cancer.

LGO!
But did your family clean out my tab??

Congrats

I only have a minute to post...heading into NYC and Memorial Sloan Kettering for a couple of appointments today ahead of my surgery tomorrow.

I can't even begin to tell you how much all of these well wishes lifted my spirits. I know I will beat this. Thanks so much.

By the way, I don't know what time my surgery is yet but it better be in the morning so I can watch us beat the living hell out of Pitt. I have my ipad and phone at the ready (in case I need the watchespn app), but I'm hoping it will be on in my hospital room. When I had my surgery set for today, I was like..."damn, SU plays Pitt that day."

Seriously, thanks, guys and LGO! As many of you said, I got this!

God bless! you are in prayers!

LGO!

I'm many weeks and months behind but hoping you're on the path to recovery!!!

LGO!
Might I suggest you name your cancer "Georgetown"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom