Prediction: Alec Lemon has a 500 plus catch NFL career | Syracusefan.com

Prediction: Alec Lemon has a 500 plus catch NFL career

Don

2nd String
I don't even know if he gets drafted but he will make a team and will be a factor by his second year, In a day and age where slot receivers who just catch passes and move the chains are so valuable Alec will excel. He was underrated in High school even though I beleive he set the all time Maryland record for catches. He was underrated here and once again he set the all time record for catches here.

In the other words all he does is catch passes. 20 years ago he doesn't even get as sniff in the NFL but with guys like Wes Welker and and Danny Amendola catching the football and moving the chains Lemon will find a spot. If he goes to a team that already has a good quarterback and a couple of good wideouts he will make his mark quicker.

Thats my prediction and I'm sticking to it

I can't see Lemon getting open against NFL corners on a consistent basis. Just imo.
He's still open against Mizzou.

I think he has the skills to be an NFL receiver - you don't always just need speed to get open, he's a smart player.

Some players just have it. Not the fastest, not the strongest, not the tallest, not the quickest, not the shiftiest. I'll repeat, some people just have it, and I think Lemon is one of them. Not much else I can really add.

I can't see Lemon getting open against NFL corners on a consistent basis. Just imo.

500 catches may be a bit much, but if Alec puts in the effort to improve his route running, and gets a little stronger (no reason to think he wont for either), I can see him having a Jason Avant type career. That is pretty much best case, but Avant is a spectacular slot man. First down machine.

Steve Smith-type (Giants Steve Smith - possession receiver). He has that opportunity

Some players just have it. Not the fastest, not the strongest, not the tallest, not the quickest, not the shiftiest. I'll repeat, some people just have it, and I think Lemon is one of them. Not much else I can really add.

Wayne Chrebet was one who had it. Not fast by any means, small yet made play after play and hung in the N.F.L for 11 incredible seasons. Lemon can easily be another Chrebet.

I don't even know if he gets drafted but he will make a team and will be a factor by his second year, In a day and age where slot receivers who just catch passes and move the chains are so valuable Alec will excel. He was underrated in High school even though I beleive he set the all time Maryland record for catches. He was underrated here and once again he set the all time record for catches here.

In the other words all he does is catch passes. 20 years ago he doesn't even get as sniff in the NFL but with guys like Wes Welker and and Danny Amendola catching the football and moving the chains Lemon will find a spot. If he goes to a team that already has a good quarterback and a couple of good wideouts he will make his mark quicker.

Thats my prediction and I'm sticking to it

I think he definitely gets drafted. He is a terrific blocker, has excellent hands, runs great routes and makes tough catches over the middle. Receivers with those qualities are few and far in between.

How many receptions he ends up with is a function of the system he plays in, the other players on his team, and his ability to stay healthy. Right now, by my count, there are about 14 WRs in the NFL who have 500 career receptions. You need to be a very good for a long time to get to a number that big.

I hope he ends up somewhere where he gets into the rotation right away and has a good solid QB who throws the ball a lot. My biggest worry for him is that he makes most of his catches over the middle. It is a dangerous place to make catches, especially in the NFL where the safeties and linebackers are capable of making some of the most violent hits you will ever see.

He will have a nice career in the Arena League. Which isn't a knock on him at all. I think he will have a long career on that level if he wants too and make a nice living.

I don't see him as an NFL WR. He will get a shot, no doubt. Might even hang on a practice squad for a year or two as well. Just don't see him as that NFL WR on a 53 man roster.

with injury prone Welker and Edlemon(sp) and with the Patriots liking underrated Orange players I predict the Patriots pick him no later then the 5th round.

with injury prone Welker and Edlemon(sp) and with the Patriots liking underrated Orange players I predict the Patriots pick him no later then the 5th round.
Welker is injury prone? He only missed like 2 games with a torn ACL. Edelman, sure, but I can't see another slot receiver drafted by the Pats. We'll just take a FA and turn him into a stud.

Welker is injury prone? He only missed like 2 games with a torn ACL. Edelman, sure, but I can't see another slot receiver drafted by the Pats. We'll just take a FA and turn him into a stud.

Yeah doesn't seem to be in the Pats nature to take a guy like him in the draft... If he goes undrafted, sign him up. Pro allegiances aside, I want to see him go to the Broncos, Colts or Texans.

I hope you're right. I don't make predictions on NFL WRs anymore because of the punishment they take nowadays. The NFL is looking at eliminating kickoffs but it seems to me that more guys are suffering concussions on passing plays than any other play.

to sum, we have nassib in the 1st round and lemon with 500 NFL catches.

what is Syracuse ranked?#2?? #3??

#1?????

with a 1st rnd QB and a stud NFL WR, they got to be putting up 70 a game in the bigmidwest.

:rolling:

Wayne Chrebet was one who had it. Not fast by any means, small yet made play after play and hung in the N.F.L for 11 incredible seasons. Lemon can easily be another Chrebet.
Agree. This was the comparison I made in another thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom