Class of 2016 - predictions | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 predictions

2016 Class

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Battle and Giles but I usually stink at these things. Sometimes I get it all right. Sometimes talking completely out of my tush.

I would love to land Battle, Giles and King to go along with Moyer, but I think the class ends up King, Keita and Moyer.

Its hard to gauge the need at center on the 2016 class. Chinonso and Diange will likely be here to man the spot but Bryant is also a strong possibility not just to come to SU but to be here for his Sophmore season. If that is the case its possible we wait until 2017 to take a center and do not wind up with Keita opening a spot for a second wing.

Right now I'd like to see Moyer, Giles and either Battle or Murray.

Last edited:
We have about as much chance of getting Giles as Coach K leaving Duke to coach UNC...or SU beating FSU in football take your pick. Just being a realist, the kid isn't leaving the state of NC it would be sacrilege down in those parts.
For 2016 best guess: Moyer, Keita, Murray or Washington.

We have about as much chance of getting Giles as Coach K leaving Duke to coach UNC...or SU beating FSU in football take your pick. Just being a realist, the kid isn't leaving the state of NC it would be sacrilege down in those parts.
For 2016 best guess: Moyer, Keita, Murray or Washington.

Is that actual information you know or opinion? I'm not trying to be rude just actually looking for clarification. I think we all realized early on that it would be a tough thing to pull him out of Carolina but the fact that JB even visited him this summer makes me think the staff feels they have at least punchers chance on this one.

I do not think we will get Giles and I believe in the end we will loose Battle, I think they both go to Duke, or Giles to UNC. With that said we did pull Carmelo out of MD, stranger things have happened.

don't think we get any

Is that actual information you know or opinion? I'm not trying to be rude just actually looking for clarification. I think we all realized early on that it would be a tough thing to pull him out of Carolina but the fact that JB even visited him this summer makes me think the staff feels they have at least punchers chance on this one.
Re Giles, have a friend in NC who knows the HS scene so I'm taking his input and forming an opinion from him and reading some of the recruiting site speculation I subscribe to. No inside info from any player. Would love to get him but it seems a real long shot.

With only a half dozen or so ESPN top 60 players from our recruiting hotbed (which might be an all time low), I think the staff threw out some haymakers in this class. But seeing that this will be a small class and a shortage of top players available in the area, I think it's a good move. King and Giles are the guys I'm talking about. We already landed a longshot in Moyer so it's already paid dividends. But my choices for the question are Moyer and Murray.

I do not think we will get Giles and I believe in the end we will loose Battle, I think they both go to Duke, or Giles to UNC. With that said we did pull Carmelo out of MD, stranger things have happened.
I cant see Battle going to Duke or Kentucky.. They are both loaded at the guard spot..

I hope you are correct, but look at us in 2016 probably:
Buss, Joseph, Richardson, Howard, BJ, we are not that shabby either

On top of that he is referred to as Kid Mamba, I do not think he lacks confidence. I think the dream would be Giles/Battle/Moyer

I think the idea that we threw a few haymakers in the class of '16 is on the money. Assuming we land Bryant and McCullough is out the door after his Sophomore year, we would still be returning 10 players that would all have some experience. Guessing Jimmy B isn't looking to add a project, but more interested in an immediate difference maker.

If I were to bet, I don't think we are going to get any of the three (Giles, Battle, King). Hard to believe we would be a destination for someone from North Carolina when Duke and UNC are involved - but I do think Giles would add most value with the projected returning roster. Watching interviews with Battle it seems that he is focused on getting to the NBA as soon as possible - which I think other programs have a better track record of. And it seems like we are late to the party on King. Would be thrilled with any or all of the three, but maybe its the upstate new york pessimist in me.

This is tough. I don't see either Battle or Giles in orange. First Giles will stay in North Carolina whether it be Duke or UNC. I think that the recruiting for Battle is going to become a circus and we have never had any luck when that happens ... although it would seem that he could be pretty well promised the pg spot except we already have a pg in Joseph and a 3rd year pg at that...unless of course he becomes NBA bound. So that would put Battle at the SG and while ideal for us what I have been reading seems to indicate he would want the pg. Maybe I have been reading wrong. We have Moyer so that will leave 1 maybe 2 slots depending on Byant. I worry that if we put all our eggs in one basket (Battle) then we lose Murray. I think we are late to the show on King. And will we need another Center in Keita when we have 2? I think JB and Hop pull one out of the hat...one we dont know about yet.

The pull one out of the hat is good because that always seems to happen. When we say we have two centers I think some of these guys can potentially be moved to power forward so I would say yes potentially. You can not teach height especially in the 2-3 zone.

The best part of our situation is, we are waiting on potentially one more recruit for 2015 and are looking to 2016 already. Crazy

The best part of our situation is, we are waiting on potentially one more recruit for 2015 and are looking to 2016 already. Crazy

Agreed and even with landing Bryant for 2015 we still have a killer class. Plus we have a stud forward already committed for 2016, not to mention we also have at least one offer (Tucker) for 2017 plus a decent idea of who else we will be looking at in that class.

I hope you are correct, but look at us in 2016 probably:
Buss, Joseph, Richardson, Howard, BJ, we are not that shabby either

B.J.'s not really a guard and Buss won't scare away any five-star recruits. Howard has to prove he's all the way back. That leaves 2 top guys, Joseph and Richardson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom