Premier League/ International Soccer Thread | Syracusefan.com

Premier League/ International Soccer Thread

raf4488

Starter

We have some soccer fans here so I thought this would be a good thread to start on the new board.

Liverpool looked excellent today in demolishing a good Bolton side. Great stuff from the new signings Henderson and Adam.

Quite a day for both Manchester clubs, looks like they're clearly the 2 teams to beat at this stage.
As good as United were, that is thoroughly embarrassing for a club like Arsenal. I almost feel sorry for Wenger. Almost.
Anybody who was saying Dzeko is a "bust" 2 weeks ago is so, so wrong now. It's really nice when you can just plug in any number of world-class attacking players like City can.

Also, Ashley Young is the signing of the summer. I hate to admit it, but it's true. The guy is PERFECT for Man U's system.

I think this year champions leauge is going to one of the best yet, yes barca has the fire power, but for some reason I just see them geting knocked off. As the premier leauge is concerned the way man u has their team set up with youth and a few expensive buys (players) they have a great vision towards the future. Man City is scaring me right now, but as a chelsea supporter how you start does not mean how you will finish hence last year. I do think Chelsea is trying to sign younger players now, which is good because half are starting 11 is in their ealy 30's.

City may have the best midfield in the league. Even when Stevie comes back. Yeah, I said it.

We have some soccer fans here so I thought this would be a good thread to start on the new board.

Liverpool looked excellent today in demolishing a good Bolton side. Great stuff from the new signings Henderson and Adam.

Will have to get used to finding EPL bantor over here now.

That Suarez pass from the left wing setting up the first goal was a thing of beauty. Liverpool are still improving which is exciting. Think we may have a couple signings left in us, one looks to be Sebastian Coates CB from Uruguay. Will be interesting to see what we look like in mid season form. Looks like LFC are primed to make a return to Champions League at the very least.

Man U looks like pure class right now. Ashley Young is a killer player, if he hadnt had so many prior injury issues at Villa he'd have been better known before now. Wouldve loved him at Anfiled but as soon as SAF came calling there was only one place he wanted to be.

Man City looks good as well but haven't really played anyone worthwhile to date. It's yet to be seen what they'll do in a tough match vs a team that can defend. They made Bolton look alot better than they looked vs Liverpool and also had that collosal collapse up 2-0 vs Man U before the league season started. Believe was FA cup or community sheild or something obscure but both teams feilded relatively strong lineups.

Liverpool confirms signing of Uruguay international Sebastian Coates. Great signing, should pair up with Agger quite nicely in the future.

Tomorrow is the last day of the transfer window, so expect some craziness.

Transfer Deadline Day!

Craig Bellamy is reportedly having a medical at Anfield, while Liverpool also seem to be interested in Daniel Sturridge who was on loan at Bolton from Chelsea last year. Great for a club that needs more depth at striker.

I'd say that Arsenal did a great job of patching themselves back together in the final 2 days. Five new players, including 2 solid central defenders, one of whom captained Germany's national team. An attacker who captained South Korea, a winger and a midfielder, all of whom look pretty decent. I think Wenger avoided a collapse of major proportions with these late signings.

Bellamy in, Miereles out. Wish Raul would've stayed, but Liverpool should be fine.

Arsenal still needs major help.

Chelsea, Chelsea, CHELSEA!! Go Blues!

A great start to the group stage for my boys from Munich. Going to be tough to beat. Doesn't hurt having the extra incentive that the finals are in the Allianz Arena. Go Bayern!

Chelsea, Chelsea, CHELSEA!! Go Blues!

Rough, rough game for Chelsea today.

I'm jumping the gun on this (the game is only in the 60th minute) but it looks like ManU is having a near ideal day. Citeh dropped points and ManU handled Chelsea.

Citeh may have the most talented roster, but Sir Alex is still the cream of the crop when it comes to EPL management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom