Preseason Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Rankings

SU68

Starter
CBS doesn't think much of Syracuse for 2020. I know that we were bad last year, but 79th? :(

I’m quite confident that Otto in Grotto will be seeing CBS Sports in Hell. ;)

CBS doesn't think much of Syracuse for 2020. I know that we were bad last year, but 79th? :(

Is it possible this is where finished last season? In looking at the rankings (at least towards the top), it looks similar to end of season results. I hope this is the case, anyway - because we're going to be much better than 79th.

Three of four losing seasons under Dino...so what do you expect? Not sure how long Dino lasts if the Cuse has another losing season with this schedule.

Three of four losing seasons under Dino...so what do you expect? Not sure how long Dino lasts if the Cuse has another losing season with this schedule.
Just being realistic, and people here can agree or not, but not long.

Does it really matter? When you're ranked like that it just means you're grouped in with a bunch of others that nobody really knows or cares about. We could be anywhere from 50 to 90 for all anyone in the media cares. Lets win some games, get relevant, and then do that for a few years so that the perception changes.

Last edited:
Pretty simple Cuse could get ranked as soon as Louisville if they are 5-0. Maybe after WMU at 4-0 if they blow out or win all 4 easily.

Dino has a real chance to start off 5-1 or 6-0. Their big charge as a coaching staff is too create a rapid learning curve for the team. Exciting times as the first six games could build momentum for the last six.

Pretty simple Cuse could get ranked as soon as Louisville if they are 5-0. Maybe after WMU at 4-0 if they blow out or win all 4 easily.

Dino has a real chance to start off 5-1 or 6-0. Their big charge as a coaching staff is too create a rapid learning curve for the team. Exciting times as the first six games could build momentum for the last six.

Rapid learning curve is key for sure. I agree we have a chance for a great start but will be interesting to see the impact of 2 new coordinators and losing most of spring practice. Definitely have some work to do in the weeks leading up to game 1

Rapid learning curve is key for sure. I agree we have a chance for a great start but will be interesting to see the impact of 2 new coordinators and losing most of spring practice. Definitely have some work to do in the weeks leading up to game 1
That is the key...fortunately BC and Rutgers havr the same issues or worse and by Louisville the kids should be caught up.

WMU will sneaky tough IMHO but we should win.

Does it really matter? When you're ranked like that it just means you're grouped in with a bunch of others that nobody really knows or cares about. We could be anywhere from 50 to 90 for all anyone in the media cares. Lets win some games, get relevant, and then do that for a few years so that the perception changes.

Exactly, what's it really matter if they rank us 79 or 59. It's a crapshoot for any publication trying to rank 50+ or 60+ even if they don't do any research to put it together. There's no history with DB as the coach to say 79 isn't more than fair at this point.

New systems, new starters, and a shortened offseason make this impossible given cuse’s talent level. I hope I’m wrong though.

with this ease of schedule per say, this is the redemption year of all years. Gotta win 8 minimum this year and at some point I think will be ranked

Just being realistic, and people here can agree or not, but not long.

Dino is the guy. New coordinators says a lot. Two more years before his seat feels any heat.
We make a bowl this year with an adequate OL.
Hell, we would have made a bowl with an adequate OL last year. And that was a disaster.
I just want to see a team with 9 guys ready to play on the OL, not just 6 or 7.
Injuries happen to every program every year.

I think the switch in D will help a lot, too. A little troubled by the continued attrition, though.
We keep losing depth.
This year is really important if we want to be a real contender, and not just a survivor, in this league.

New systems, new starters, and a shortened offseason make this impossible given cuse’s talent level. I hope I’m wrong though.

Yeah, this is a concern. New systems on both sides of the ball and no spring practice to install them.
But on the other hand, everybody has missed out on spring practice.
I think that with 2 new coordinators, there is a case to be made that we will be tougher to game plan for, at least in our first few games.

I hope for the sake of motivation that we’re road dogs against a MAC team when the time comes.

I'm eager to see what the new coordinators can do. I think that we can all agree that another start like last year will drain all enthusiasm out of the fan base. I'm optimistic, just not 2019 Kool-Aid optimistic.
We need 2-3 years of sustained success before the media will take notice. Until then, we will be seen as one of the cellar-dwellars of the P5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom