1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

President's speech tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by orangehipfan, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Rage4CUSE

Rage4CUSE Starter

You wouldn't use it because you'd probably get labaled a racist.

But myself as a person who has lived with AA for years, i'm good.

2. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck How did I get all these likes

I'm sorry, when your author starts with the premise that the "president creates an atmosphere of racial victimization and blames police", then there's less an interest to convey ideas than to push an agenda. The idea that he NEEDS to say things is comical but unsurprising from the crowd that thinks that if Obama says "radical Islam" then jihadists will leave Mosul in droves.

Also, Obama tried to do something. The GOP sht on him though.

3. MiniCuse

MiniCuse All Conference

I've been labeled a racist repeatedly by people on here. I'm married to a black woman, so i'm good.

victor, FrancoPizza and Rage4CUSE like this.
  4. Rage4CUSE

Rage4CUSE Starter

Btw. Just because you're married to a black women, doesn't mean you can't be racist against the other non- caucasian skin types.

Also as a p.s. I think every human being is at least a little racist now-a-days, because of the proliferation of TV in everyday life.

5. MiniCuse

MiniCuse All Conference

So read one of the other articles or find another one to read. Someone writes one thing you don't like so you dismiss it? Not very open minded. Whatever "crowd" you think I'm with is your own assumptions and has nothing to do with me.

6. MiniCuse

MiniCuse All Conference

The only race I tend to dislike is the human race.

OttoMets likes this.
  7. HOFCeluck

It's not on me to "find another article.". The onus is on you since you're the one who made the claim that Obama doesnt care about Chicago. I'm not doing your homework for you.

I read the articles. Then I dismissed them because they were garbage.

ssbriefcase likes this.
  8. Rage4CUSE

Rage4CUSE Starter

That's not the only way to be racist towards another race.

9. HOFCeluck

Disagreeing with you =/= echo chamber

br801 and Cusefan0307 like this.
  10. ssbriefcase

ssbriefcase All Conference

Those articles didn't answer a single one of my questions. And that first article, "the president should be asking these 5 questions.." doesn't do one thing to solve anything. What telling the black community all the stats they already know is going to get everybody to put down their guns? Stupid. Second article of course had an agenda and didn't offer any solutions.

That's the problem with the bs responses of "what did Obama do for the Chicago crime rate?". I'm waiting to hear what any president has done? All the sudden because he's black he's supposed to be black superman and solve their issues? So stupid. Surprised no one brought up, "Where's the Rev?!"

Those problems are way way deeper than someone getting up on a podium and making statements. It's a societal, local community, family problem and grass roots issues. The president is too far away from that deep rooted issue. Other than gun control, what's he gonna do? Make it mandatory to go to parenting/family value classes?

There are many organizations out there doing major work on the daily, and trying to correct a lot of issues in the black community, but you won't hear about them, because they didn't come from the president, and most media won't cover them. But their efforts are an extreme uphill battle, obviously.

And you can save the "broaden your perspective" bs for someone else. I have as wide a perspective as anyone on here, it's called life.

Cowtown, victor and br801 like this.
  11. PhatOrange

PhatOrange Living Legend

FrancoPizza and UnderHisOwnPower like this.
  12. Cowtown

Cowtown Adult Study Hall Overseer

It seems that's a two-way street.

13. FrancoPizza

FrancoPizza Starter

I bookmarked this. This so eloquently states the problem. But rather than face uncomfortable truths and try to shift the narrative, the president, the media, and pretty much the entire country wants to play the race card - because it's so much more popular to point fingers that deflect away from the real issues. Accountability is a notion from a bygone era.

MiniCuse and victor like this.
  14. FrancoPizza

FrancoPizza Starter

You're missing the point entirely. The biggest issue is the lack of accountability and destructive cultural "values". The narrative has to do a complete 180 before any tangible measures can be taken. Society and the media have to acknowledge the elephants before we can focus on solutions. We've seen how effective the 2-3 zone is when there is no buy-in.

15. ssbriefcase

ssbriefcase All Conference

Its you who missed the point entirely. My point was based on what the presidents role or what he's done/not done in solving inner city crime because that's where he is from. Did you not read the thread? I named a couple to show the depth of them being bigger than the president. It wasn't by any means an extensive list or why things are the way they are. I'm very familiar thanks. We've had many discussions on here about those details, but it's not what this was about.

16. MiniCuse

MiniCuse All Conference