Pretty cool Trump quote

orangehomer

All Conference
Trump Refers To Immigrants As 'Animals.' Again. | HuffPost

"In February, Trump referred to certain immigrants as “animals” who want people to suffer, and he accused Democrats of wanting to protect murderers. “I can’t get the Democrats ― and nobody has been able to for years ― to approve common-sense measures that, when we catch these animal killers, we can lock them up and throw away the keys.”

Referring to subgroups as animals has been used to justify violence, including by Nazis during the Holocaust and by Hutu perpetrators of the Rwandan genocide. Black people have been compared to animals throughout history and were treated like them through slavery and violence. Animal metaphors have similarly been used by conquerors and colonialists to dehumanize indigenous populations. "

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
I guess before recently you could blame everything on Russian hackers. now who are we blaming? liberal deep state hackers? as if anyone cares enough about this dude to hack his stupid account.
Exactly. They’ll come up with some lie though.

orangehomer

All Conference
So not to defend him... but the quote was in reference to a question about ms-13 and I think they are actually worse than animals.

I will now go shower in bleach to get the ilk of defending him off.
i'm not sure that this entirely accurate, when you actually read the number of times trump has referred to humans as animals. but I don't care about that argument. I think what is more important to understand is who these comments are meant to appeal to, who includes white nationalists and scared white people. if you want to compartmentalize it and make it about the gang, that's fine, but the vast majority of the people that these comments are meant for don't live anywhere near this gang, and the violence has been sensationalized.

xc84

Living Legend
So not to defend him... but the quote was in reference to a question about ms-13 and I think they are actually worse than animals.
Ok but not necessarily about immigration since many MS-13 in the US are citizens and home-grown and can't be deported...just like a lot of gangs in the US. in fact, more and more, MS-13 recruits US citizens so they can't be deported.

Last edited:

HOFCeluck

Seems legit.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
MS13 are animals. No way to spin it.
I find the White House statement I linked to very concerning.

You can excuse lots of things when you claim people are animals. Then you can excuse lots of things against people.

This isn't a good development.

Top Bottom