PRO Football Weekly: Ryan Nassib Best PRO Prospect at QB | Syracusefan.com

PRO Football Weekly: Ryan Nassib Best PRO Prospect at QB

arbitragegls

All Conference
As indicated below, Pro Football Weekly has named Ryan FIRST TEAM QB...this is a terrific honor for Ryan and great PR for 'Cuse...applause!

We here at the Big East blog try to stay away from doing a post on every single All-America team that comes out because there are many, many of them, and only a handful count toward getting a player to consensus status.

But one came out today that cannot be ignored.

That would be the Pro Football Weekly All-America team.

Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib took first-team honors. You read that right. Now, Pro Football Weekly does things a little differently than every other publication that puts out an All-America team. Here is the explanation from Nolan Nawrocki:
PFW’s All-America team annually honors college football’s most talented players and is determined based on extensive evaluation and considerable feedback from NFL evaluators, taking into consideration how players grade out both in their assignments and by the quality of critical playing traits. PFW honors are distinguished by the premium placed on skill, football temperament and instincts and seek to recognize players we expect will become outstanding pros. Players are expected to have contributed for the bulk of the season to qualify. Production is considered, but not weighed nearly as heavily as how much of an impact players make on their teams. Extra attention is paid to traits such as toughness, intelligence and competitiveness, all traits that we believe correlate heavily to future NFL success.

So, Pro Football Weekly went with Nassib not because he was the best college quarterback this season, but because it believes he has some of the best pro potential of any quarterback in America. Nassib had an outstanding season to be sure, leading the Big East in total offense (312.3 ypg) and passing (301.6 ypg). He also set the Orange single-season records for attempts (448), completions (283), yards (3,619) and touchdowns (24) in 2012.

We. Will. Miss. Ryan. :(

Seriously, that is an AWESOME honor for him. He's worked hard for it. Congrats, Ryan!

(...fading out with Cinderella's Don't Know What Ya Got...Til it's Gone...)

I can't wait for my rickshaw ride to the Penn State game!

UEO - I hope you train through the offseason. I expect very few stoppages along the way to East Rutherford.

UEO - I hope you train through the offseason. I expect very few stoppages along the way to East Rutherford.
Let me know if you are going to sell tickets.

ok, youre marked down in pen, for the ped st game.

pun intended.

what do i get when hes not a 1st rounder???

because hes NOT.

:eek: :confused:

Oh Lord

Kaiser you stated he was not going to be drafted don't start the back tracking now. Are you going to be wearing one of the big brimmed hats when you are pulling the rickshaw? ;)

Kaiser you stated he was not going to be drafted don't start the back tracking now. Are you going to be wearing one of the big brimmed hats when you are pulling the rickshaw? ;)
my rickshaw offer is on the 1st round bullspit. the hat would be a necessity. hopefully it would give all Big Trouble in Little China powers. :cool:

and i said he wouldnt make the 2 deep in different discussions.

dont think i ever stated the no-draft at all option. but its possible, expecially early in season. but now id take him as a 6th or 7th rnd flyer. maybe 5th, depending on team.

Oh Lord

dont think i ever stated the no-draft at all option. but its possible, expecially early in season. but now id take him as a 6th or 7th rnd flyer. maybe 5th, depending on team.

Out of curiosity, are you taking bets on this? If you are taking the 5th round & over, I'll put $100 on the 4th round & under...

EDIT: Hell, I'll sweeten the bet and give you the 4th round too...

dont think i ever stated the no-draft at all option

I seem to remember something before the Temple game from you saying that Nassib only had 2 games left in pads in his career. That would seem to suggest you didn't think he would make an NFL team. I also remember you scoffing pretty much every time someone wrote about him potentially getting drafted... even suggesting that the CFL draft was his only option.

In any case, you know where you stand on this, so own it. You may be right in the long run, and if that happens I'm sure everyone will enjoy hearing about you talent-rating accuracy!

my rickshaw offer is on the 1st round bullspit. the hat would be a necessity. hopefully it would give all Big Trouble in Little China powers. :cool:

and i said he wouldnt make the 2 deep in different discussions.

Oh Lord

Sooo if he gets drafted before the 5th round can I get a rickshaw ride from Madison to Syracuse for Fla St. or Clemson it's a long trip but you should be in shape by then.

I seem to remember something before the Temple game from you saying that Nassib only had 2 games left in pads in his career. That would seem to suggest you didn't think he would make an NFL team. I also remember you scoffing pretty much every time someone wrote about him potentially getting drafted... even suggesting that the CFL draft was his only option.

In any case, you know where you stand on this, so own it. You may be right in the long run, and if that happens I'm sure everyone will enjoy hearing about you talent-rating accuracy!
yeah, i did say the 2 games in pads thing, guilty on the cfl draft too. it was a half serious joke...more on the serious side though.

if im right, ill just move on. hes been a great SU player the last 6weeks.