Projecting next year's schedule | Syracusefan.com

Projecting next year's schedule

LeMoyneCuse

All American
The 2019 season is 14 weeks long because of the early Labor Day (September 2) and the late Thanksgiving (November 28). That means almost everyone will have two bye weeks instead of one.

Here's what we know so far:

Week 1 - at Liberty
Week 2 - at Maryland
Week 4 - Western Michigan
Week 5 - Holy Cross

There's too many moving pieces to glean much else, but there are a few things I want to point out.

Week 3 - Our only options this week are @Florida State, vs. Clemson, or a bye. Curious to see what happens here, and if this has any correlation to Dome work over the summer.

Week 14 -History suggests we close against BC at home. Would make sense, especially if the first three weeks of the year aren't home dates.

Our other home games are Pitt and Wake for a total of six. Our other roadies are Louisville, Duke, and NC State.

three week road trip to open the season? What are we, a low-tier basketball team? No way play week 3 @FSU.

We still do a piss poor job of scheduling. If we’re going to act like a top 25 team, start getting 7 home games like the big boys most of the time and don’t play at a Liberty.

We still do a piss poor job of scheduling. If we’re going to act like a top 25 team, start getting 7 home games like the big boys most of the time and don’t play at a Liberty.

Piss poor? People have been complaining for years about playing a difficult OOC schedule. Next year's is about as tissue-paper-soft as I've ever seen for SU. Playing a game in Virginia is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Duke plays at Middle Tennessee St. Georgia Tech plays at Temple. Louisville plays at Western Kentucky. Virginia also plays at Liberty. Only so much you can do.

Piss poor? People have been complaining for years about playing a difficult OOC schedule. Next year's is about as tissue-paper-soft as I've ever seen for SU. Playing a game in Virginia is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I’m mainly talking about 7 home games and specific to next year playing at a liberty and opening with 2 road games. I’m not saying go schedule Alabama. But that first game should be a cupcake at home. 7 home games.

Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke, Wake Forest and UNC are all slated to play @ Liberty. Virginia and Virginia Tech multiple times in fact.

I hope we make week 3 a bye since next year will be a 2 bye week season.

Maryland week 2 will be the game that determines if can get College Gameday in Syracuse.
I bet Syracuse at NC State is a real solid contender to be a Thursday Night national game.
NC State plays a Thursday night home game almost every year.
This year it was Wake, last year Louisville, the year before Florida State.
Syracuse coming off a solid year is a solid candidate.

I would ordinarily agree but with the Dome renovation, we need to stay out of the Dome for September. The schedule was tailored to meet the requirements of the renovation.

We scheduled as well as we could given the circumstances.

Look forward to most of this for the next couple of years. Maybe longer.

A great schedule for Syracuse would be
Week 1 At Liberty
Week 2 at Maryland
Week 3 BYE
Week 4 Thursday at NC State
Week 5 Clemson College Gameday

As NC State will be breaking in a new QB as well and playing them early would be great and it gives the Dome all of September to get worked on.

Bye week 3 is the requirement. Gives the school the most time possible for renovation and really allows the team to focus all in on Maryland and the rest of the month to practice and develop depth.

Come out of the first month healthy, rested, a lot of kids with time, and go into the conference.

Bye week 3 is the requirement. Gives the school the most time possible for renovation and really allows the team to focus all in on Maryland and the rest of the month to practice and develop depth.

Come out of the first month healthy, rested, a lot of kids with time, and go into the conference.[/QUOTE
??? I thought Maryland was week 2?

I would ordinarily agree but with the Dome renovation, we need to stay out of the Dome for September. The schedule was tailored to meet the requirements of the renovation.

We scheduled as well as we could given the circumstances.

Look forward to most of this for the next couple of years. Maybe longer.

Yea, I forgot about the Dome reno. Going forward though I’d think we’d do everything we can to have 7 home games every other year or more.

Dome reno aside, it's ridiculous we ever agreed to play at Liberty in the first place. Doesn't matter that it's a 2 for 1.

The later we can push out Clemson, the better. We'll be Top 10 by then and will hopefully be in the running for a GameDay atmosphere.

Liberty scored a boat load of points this year. But got beat pretty bad by Army 38-10, UVA 45-24 and Auburn 53-0. I'd bet theyre paying us a lot of money to visit.

Liberty scored a boat load of points this year. But got beat pretty bad by Army 38-10, UVA 45-24 and Auburn 53-0. I'd bet theyre paying us a lot of money to visit.
We got a 2 for 1 from Liberty.
I doubt the payout is large. It’s as TrueBlue said a game in Virginia where we want to recruit and it’s a game we should win with our talent like Western Michigan this year and we are banking 2 home games down the road.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. Warm weather outdoor game (I'm hoping it's a Friday night) in a small stadium is always fun.

635647070855081907-CXX-FOOTBALL-20-66585160.JPG

Isn't next year an anomoly because of Dome construction? I would think playing at a team like Liberty won't happen again once the Dome is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom