Props to Coach Ewing | Syracusefan.com

Props to Coach Ewing

1985 Ewing was a POS. I really like 2018 Ewing. He has a calm coaching demeanor and his team seems very well coached.
Regardless of the veracity of your comment...he has never beaten the Orange as a coach.
And may that streak continue in perpetuity.

The series must continue so the Orange can keep beating his sorry team and his overburdened suit.

gtown was more impressive in the 2nd half than the 1st half despite the scoring. we were on the verge of a knockout punch but they regrouped, hit some huge shots and probably should have won the game. impressive on the road. battle was just a little better.

gtown was more impressive in the 2nd half than the 1st half despite the scoring. we were on the verge of a knockout punch but they regrouped, hit some huge shots and probably should have won the game. impressive on the road. battle was just a little better.
Govan is really good.

You mean an 18 year old college star acted differently? Wow
1985 Ewing was a POS. I really like 2018 Ewing. He has a calm coaching demeanor and his team seems very well coached.

He looks like a solid coach. At least he seems to actually coach and isn't there standing around like Chris Mullin

yes, props for inexplicably not playing Mcclung the whole 2nd half

Yeah right, the guy had a career night with 18 points and didn't play the last 12 minutes or so. Strange.

yes, props for inexplicably not playing Mcclung the whole 2nd half
McClung can’t defend anyone and gave up as many as he scored. He took him out because he was like a sieve as we made our huge run. Very good player but defensive liability.

Cuse

My favorite coaching clip from last year is of Ewing questioning one of his guys about some insane shot he took. I remember Ewing asking the guy “did you practice that shot?” He did it in a very nice, patient tone too.

McClung can’t defend anyone and gave up as many as he scored. He took him out because he was like a sieve as we made our huge run. Very good player but defensive liability.

Cuse

Also, he jacked a wild 3 early in the shot clock in the heart of our run, after they’d just gotten a reset after Brissett’s block and attempt to save the ball, throwing it back court. It was a ridiculous shot. He never got back in.

Ok, so this is coming from a guy who hated Ewing so much that, when the Knicks drafted him, I stopped liking the Knicks and rooted against them.

The stuff that Ewing had to put up with in college, and just take it, is stuff that nobody should be subjected to.

Screw Ewing. Should have been in jail for twice choking players in college. He can’t lose enough.
Tried to knock Pearl's block off too. Good thing that Right didn't land.

How is SU sooooo bad against a zone D? They play the zone exclusively and know its weaknesses yet its always the same . Pass the ball around the top of zone, try to get a pass into the elbow, then jack up a contested 3. I never see anyone running the baseline behind the zone, which is something that our D can struggle against. It's just mind bottling...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom