Proud of This Team | Syracusefan.com

Proud of This Team

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
This team lost so much personnel over the past few weeks, including an offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator after having lost so many players to injury during the course this season.

We played tough and never quit.

We lost, but gave the Gophers a heck of a game.

I am really proud of the players and the staff. And I look forward to supporting this team next year.

Last edited:
This team lost so much personnel over the past few weeks, including an offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator after having lost so many players to injury during the course this season.

We lost the game but gave the Gophers a heck of a game.

I am really proud of the players and the staff. And I look forward to supporting this team next year.

Ditto. They gave it their all and I don’t get the posts saying we didn’t show any effort. A couple big plays and a couple mistakes did us in, otherwise we outplayed them.

We lost the game but gave the Gophers a heck of a game.

Good post, and completely agree.

Great effort by the players. Still not very impressed with the coach’s on the offense side of the ball.

Big stats but bad clock management and puzzling play calls.
So we have a guy calling the plays in his first game of his life as the OC, we gain more yards than we have in the last 2 years against the number 2 defense in the Big 10 with no opt outs and full strength without our all everything RB and maybe the best LT in the ACC and your unimpressed with the offensive coaching.
Do I have that right?

So we have a guy calling the plays in his first game of his life as the OC, we gain more yards than we have in the last 2 years against the number 2 defense in the Big 10 with no opt outs and full strength without our all everything RB and maybe the best LT in the ACC and your unimpressed with the offensive coaching.
Do I have that right?
The yardage doesn’t tell the whole story of the game. Im saying there were plenty of calls on 3rd and 4th down that were puzzling and the clock management, as throughout Dino’s tenure, was poor.

I understand it’s Becks first go around. Im not singling him out or calling for his head. Im just saying this was another game where our players out performed despite circumstances.

There’s certainly bright spots but the same old ailing issues, that’ve been apparent since before Beck’s time in the hill, are still present.

Do I have that right?
You can have $1M in chips...but if you never cash them in, what are they really worth?

The yardage doesn’t tell the whole story of the game. Im saying there were plenty of calls on 3rd and 4th down that were puzzling and the clock management, as throughout Dino’s tenure, was poor.

I understand it’s Becks first go around. Im not singling him out or calling for his head. Im just saying this was another game where our players out performed despite circumstances.

There’s certainly bright spots but the same old ailing issues, that’ve been apparent since before Beck’s time in the hill, are still present.
Sorry, this was the wrong game for these comments. Outside of the horrible play call on 4th down in the first half, Beck called a beautiful game. It wasn’t play calls that ruined the day. It was a poor decision by a player and a special team breakdown that blew it up.That’s it. Shrader was 3 plays good to 2 plays VERY bad all day long.

Agreed - that was a lot of change to overcome.

That interception was a rare instance of a player, from either team, getting good footing and a jump on the ball. Pretty lucky given field conditions. A bad pass but a bit of luck for Minny, that db could well have face planted.

The penalty to end our chances in this game, it’s karma that we lose one in this fashion after winning the 2010 Pinstripe Bowl thanks to the same call … they Should start calling this the Excessive Celebration Personal Foul Bowl (brought to you by Party City?)

I actually thought this was Dino’s best game in his career as far as clock mgt went. Played it perfect to even have a chance to get the ball back after being down 2 scores under 5 minutes. I don’t get the criticism for this game?

I also thought after the crazy 1st quarter that included 3 strange trick plays and some other questionable calls he settled down and called a great game the rest of the way.

The switch to the 4-2-5 was brilliant. Would like to see this used more vs Clemson, Pitt, FSU.

This game was all about lacking the jimmy and Joe’s and nothing to do with the coaching imo.

I actually thought this was Dino’s best game in his career as far as clock mgt went. Played it perfect to even have a chance to get the ball back after being down 2 scores under 5 minutes. I don’t get the criticism for this game?

I also thought after the crazy 1st quarter that included 3 strange trick plays and some other questionable calls he settled down and called a great game the rest of the way.

The switch to the 4-2-5 was brilliant. Would like to see this used more vs Clemson, Pitt, FSU.

This game was all about lacking the jimmy and Joe’s and nothing to do with the coaching imo.
Couldn’t agree more. Thought the punt was a bad call but then we stopped em came back and scored before half. The timeout calls were solid. Maybe a couple of seconds or so too late. But overall this was his best coached game of the season

Dino’s clock management is why we scored the TD going into halftime.

Totally outplayed them. The lopsided stats bear that out. But the mistakes were insurmountable.

A friend sent me this quote on Facebook:

"You must finish a term & finish every day, & be done with it. For manners, & for wise living, it is a vice to remember. You have done what you could — some blunders & absurdities no doubt crept in forget them as fast as you can tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well & serenely, & with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day for all that is good & fair. It is too dear with its hopes & invitations to waste a moment on the rotten yesterdays."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is your most positive post recently, Dawg, and it’s dead on.

We lost, but gave the Gophers a heck of a game.

couldn’t agree more

Defense was critically short handed but they played their asses off. I thought Minn was going to push us all over the field but that didn’t happen.

LeQuint is special. He’s so dangerous and so much fun to watch. Tbh I think he’ll be more dynamic than Tucker.

Is it me or does Shrader still not look fully healthy? Just feels like he’s not as explosive or quick as he was early in season.

O racked up a ton of yardage but the drops hurt and the pick 6 killed us.

We coulda won.

Can’t wait till next year.

Team made a bowl game and is sending a number of players to the NFL.

Played tough today.

Get back to a bowl next year and send more guys to the NFL.
This is what it all boils down to. +2 game improvement from the previous year and finally got that elusive 6th (and 7th)win and bowl eligible.

I’m disappointed we dropped 6 of our last 7 but we lost a ton of players to injury, portal, draft, both coordinators and still played hard. A couple bad plays torpedoed the bowl game.

We still have some work to do in the portal to have another successful year. It would be nice to clean up the penalties but I’m not sure Dino is capable of it.

I’m glad I got to go to the NC State game. I haven’t felt a buzz like that in the Dome in a long time and not just from the Dome Foam.

Great effort by the players. Still not very impressed with the coach’s on the offense side of the ball.

Big stats but bad clock management and puzzling play calls.
Bad clock management is literally the last thing anyone should be complaining about in this game.

HCDB managed the clock quite nicely, IMO. Especially compared to previous...umm...adventures.

What is the total count of players who were starters for SU that didn’t play in this game?

And congrats to D. Cooper. A real nice game to wrap up his career.

Bad clock management is literally the last thing anyone should be complaining about in this game.

HCDB managed the clock quite nicely, IMO. Especially compared to previous...umm...adventures.

Ya, that was a pleasant surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom