Proud to be a 'Cuse fan | Syracusefan.com

Proud to be a 'Cuse fan

rstone7727

All Conference
At least we can brag that we have the greatest fans in the world, eternally backing the players and coach even during difficult stretches. I imagine recruits are reading this board and can't wait to enroll at SU knowing that we will have their backs through thick and thin..

At least we can brag that we have the greatest fans in the world, eternally backing the players and coach even during difficult stretches. I imagine recruits are reading this board and can't wait to enroll at SU knowing that we will have their backs through thick and thin..

well let's just hope the recruits are reading the board and not the box scores. splintertown!

Rainbows! Unicorns! Syracuse and Marshmallow Championships!!!

That work for you?

This place is not that bad. At least the criticism is based on basketball observations due to this board having a fairly high bball iq. No one attacks players personally.

dasher said:
everywhere doesn't have the success we do year in and year out.

It's a board of passionate fans, what do you expect.

We want to win championships, a level of success we don't have year in and year out.

Last edited:
dasher said:
everywhere doesn't have the success we do year in and year out.

Dude when Louisville lost 3 in a row last year half their board was calling for pitinos head. They went on to win the freakin title. This happens everywhere.

That work for you?

This place is not that bad. At least the criticism is based on basketball observations due to this board having a fairly high bball iq. No one attacks players personally.

I imagine most of those thread get deleted. But there are quite a few personal attacks on players that get past the the goalies.

And no one is saying it's rainbows and unicorns. There is a medium between that and some of the histrionics.

I imagine most of those thread get deleted. But there are quite a few personal attacks on players that get past the the goalies.

And no one is saying it's rainbows and unicorns. There is a medium between that and some of the histrionics.
There's a lot of people who take any criticism of JB, Keita, Cooney or Fair like someone is bullying their kid. It's a messageboard and as long as the attacks aren't personal, it's not a huge deal IMO. What should we talk about? How we can't score...well who's fault is that? Obviously the talk will be about the coach and players.

That work for you?

No one attacks players personally. Have to disagree w/ that part, shouldn' be on the court, so and so sucks, so and so is killing us etc. not going to take time to find the threads but I have a little memory left and know I've read em. Overall a very good board.

There is a fine line between attacking players, ie sending them nasty messages on facebook, twitter, other social media outlets, and critiquing a players performance on a message board.

really no fine line at all between posting on a public forum and sending personal messages.
you're talking totally different camels. one is invasion of private space. the other the web.

I feel the exact same way about our fans. They are the best and that really shows up at away games. I was at the ACC tournament and we had more fans there than NC state. You could not tell this on tv I am sure because all the jealous Acc haters were cheering against us. I am proud of our fan base and proud to be a Cuse fan!

Hey op, you know every fan base acts like that right? Why would a recruit think Syracuse fans are any different?

The biggest problem I see with some of our "fans" on this forum is how they express themselves. Some will personally attack players, coaches and probably their own family, given the opportunity. Fortunately, they are a very small minority. There are others who talk about the players, etc. who are just plain harsh in the way they say things.
Then those who give good constructive criticism that should always be welcomed.
It's the old story of not what you say, but how you say it. The best are those who can tell you to go to Hell and make you believe you'll enjoy the trip.

No one attacks players personally. Have to disagree w/ that part, shouldn' be on the court, so and so sucks, so and so is killing us etc. not going to take time to find the threads but I have a little memory left and know I've read em. Overall a very good board.
Saying someone sucks is too far and whoever the losers are who actually take the time to go on Twitter and FB to harass players are pathetic, I can't stress that enough. However, I think this is where the board gets divided. I don't think saying someone is "killing us" or "shouldn't be on the court" is a personal attack. It's basketball related. Noone is basing that opinion on anything except basketball and I would love for every player we have to wildly succeed and be a huge on the court positive but there are players, as of right now, who are killing us and shouldn't be on the court. I'm not bashing them personally, I say that as a fan who roots for Syracuse University, not JUST specific players and coaches. I wish them well in life and will root for them to succeed in whatever they do BUT if they are hurting the team, and this is a messageboard about the team, it will undoubtedly be up for discussion.

NKR1978 said:
I imagine most of those thread get deleted. But there are quite a few personal attacks on players that get past the the goalies. And no one is saying it's rainbows and unicorns. There is a medium between that and some of the histrionics.

It's not what someone says or what their point is, it's how they say it.

There is a fine line between attacking players, ie sending them nasty messages on facebook, twitter, other social media outlets, and critiquing a players performance on a message board.

Actually, that's not a fine line at all. It's the great wall of China. Completely different things.

It's not what someone says or what their point is, it's how they say it.

I think this is generally a generational thing. At 49 years of age, I'm from a generation that told it (and was told) exactly how it was, no candy coating bs, etc. Speaking the truth, being brutally honest...if the truth hurts, than fix it...deal with it, etc. This kind of candor made us tougher individuals and to persevere, tough skin sort of speak...the 'ol adage, sticks and stones...

Today, at least in my general experience, the younger generation has a more difficult time (quoting an epic line) "you can't handle the truth," dealing with such candor. Many have been pampered, stroked all their lives, etc., I'm a proud parent of an exceptional kid bumper stickers, all kids receiving little league trophies, etc., etc.

I guess as a 49 year old parent, an argument can certainly be made that we've contributed in creating such an apparent fragile culture for the younger. Clearly, there is a certain degree of tact that should be used in relaying what is said, but our culture has evolved to being so touchy & overly sensitive to even a whiff of speaking the honest, and sometimes brutal truth...just my $.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom