Providence | Syracusefan.com

Providence

Toga

Living Legend
Going to Providence for a couple of days in April. Any suggestions for a seafood restaurant (w/ great oysters) and Italian restaurant? Staying at the Marriot.
Gracias.

Providence a cool little city with some great Italian.

People will tell you Atwells Ave places as that is the heart of their Italian district, but most of that is Italian American pedestrian stuff.

Pane e Vinos is really good in that section of town if you are there though.

Otherwise here are some great places:
Al Forno
Bacaro

For Seafood:
Hemenway's

There are others but that one is so good Im not going to recommend anywhere else. If you truly desire seafood and oyster greatness, do not miss that one

Ive got way more recs if you want, but those are places you cant go wrong at.

Going to Providence for a couple of days in April. Any suggestions for a seafood restaurant (w/ great oysters) and Italian restaurant? Staying at the Marriot.
Gracias.
YOu need to keep to providence? If you have a car, going down to Bristol is well worth it, especially when the weather is nice.

As Otto'd said above, definitely Hemenway's for seafood (oyster bar too).

You'll pay a lot, but you won't get a better meal in Providence (and many other places). I love it there. Top notch.

Italian? We like Capriccio.

As Otto'd said above, definitely Hemenway's for seafood (oyster bar too).

You'll pay a lot, but you won't get a better meal in Providence (and many other places). I love it there. Top notch.

Italian? We like Capriccio.
Expanding a little on Hemenway's, if you're an oyster guy, they usually have at least 4 different varieties. The wait staff is very well trained in knowing the details about them. They also have a lobster tank. The crab-stuffed lobster is to die for. Appetizer-wise, try the ceviche. Very good. WRT fish, they usually have at least 6 on the daily menu, each can be prepared baked, grilled, pan-seared, blackened, etc. And there are always daily specials and the chef specialties. If you like things a bit spicy, try the chili-glazed cauliflower as a side. The roasted asparagus is very good, too.

I've only had meat there once - the ribeye is very good. I've heard the filet is excellent (heard from my wife ;) ). I've also heard the pork chop is good too.

As you can tell, we've been there often. It's our favorite restaurant in the area. By far.

You can take a look at the menu here.

Gracias.
I had the best chicken wings I have ever had in Providence. A wood fire pizza place right downtown. Chargrilled with Rosemary, oil and sea salt

I love Providence. It punches WAY above it's weight class in terms of it's restaurant scene. I used to go there for work a couple times per year, and would always eat at Siena in Federal Hill.

If you have a car and can make the short drive down to Newport, White Horse Tavern is the oldest continuously operating tavern in the US and has great food.

I love Providence. It punches WAY above it's weight class in terms of it's restaurant scene.

It does. Some really great places. What makes ZERO sense about Providence (and Boston for that matter) is that the Pizza SUCKS. I can't wrap my head around it with the number of Italians and absolutely fantastic Italian restaraunts in Both cities. Especially Providence.

It's a high bar to cross when both states border Connecticut (which for my money has the the best Pizza in the country, specifically New Haven - and Im a native New York City guy) but they don't even approach the bar even half way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom