PS: Police and DA Investigate Roger Springfield | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Police and DA Investigate Roger Springfield

Oh man I want to make a joke (not related to the Cahak brothers), but I can't. I can't wait until this comes out in full so I can make my inappropriate jokes.
dooooo ittttttt

I honestly have no idea what this investigation is about, because I avoided that weird inbox information fest from the other night, but from all the ambiguous comments made by some posters here, I think I have come up with a pretty good hypothesis of what it is.

So what is it? What's the point of posting all that if you don't say what your speculation is.

Super Duper Double Secret Time... Shhh don't tell anyone if you know, they are withholding the details in case the world ends tomorrow. So don't be that guy!

I honestly have no idea what this investigation is about, because I avoided that weird inbox information fest from the other night, but from all the ambiguous comments made by some posters here, I think I have come up with a pretty good hypothesis of what it is.

Me too...I'm just praying it is a more socially-accepted crime though, like operating a meth lab for example.

Would the local public have any idea who Roger Springfield or who SU's media director is if he hadn't been a sportscaster on WSTM? Anybody know who the predecessor was?
I think Dave Cohen, Joel Mareiniss before him and (maybe) Bill O'Donnell before Joel.

Wait until they find out Springfield isn't his real last name.
In 1987 in NOLA at the FF, Roger helped my buddy and me get into a very crowded bar. He said he could get in because he was the news, and so could his crew. He let us each carry a piece of equipment in. Once we were in, his head guy took the equipment and we never saw him again.

Hopefully it all won't result in this Orange Oddysey ...

orange-jumpsuit1.jpg
You know what? I wouldn't mind having one of those to wear to SU games.

Hopefully the DA will handle this issue more professionally in the press than he did the last time. He's essentially the reason why the Fine mess has no real closure (i.e. injection of opinion). Just the facts, ma'am.

Don't count on it. Fitzgerald likes to hear himself talk in front of reporters.

Super Duper Double Secret Time... Shhh don't tell anyone if you know, they are withholding the details in case the world ends tomorrow. So don't be that guy!

The guy really should be disbarred for the way he talks about investigations publicly. It biases any potential jury, it stirs up speculation, and it happens to violate the ethics rules for lawyers. He's such a media whore.

Fitzgerald maybe, Fitzpatrick definitely
Sorry. I used to work with a woman named Fitzgerald, so that name is imprinted in my brain.

Never much cared for Roger. When he was doing the sports on TV, SU beat UNC in the 1987 Eastern Regional Final, Springfield did a remote from the parking lot of the arena and the first words out of his mouth were:

"You've got to wodner about Dean Smith..."

SU gets perhaps the greatest win in it's history to that date and that's what he says? What do we wonder about, Roger? I felt like putting my fist through the picture tube. (I'm glad I didn't try.) :bang:

The guy really should be disbarred for the way he talks about investigations publicly. It biases any potential jury, it stirs up speculation, and it happens to violate the ethics rules for lawyers. He's such a media whore.
When's Election Day, anyway?

info available on the pay side...thought we were not giving up the fact that we prefer to keep some in the dark...keep bringing this up and a citation will be issued.

It was the other way around. Mike kissed Moten and then Moten missed the 2nd shot.

Incorrect.

Hop came in off the bench when (Ellis, I believe) was injured with about 3 seconds left. Even though there were better shooters on the bench than the roughly 50% Hop, JB trusted his sweet looking stroke.

Incorrect.

Hop came in off the bench when (Ellis, I believe) was injured with about 3 seconds left. Even though there were better shooters on the bench than the roughly 50% Hop, JB trusted his sweet looking stroke.
censor...sweet looking stroke...omg...here we go again...did he come off the bench or what?

info available on the pay side...thought we were not giving up the fact that we prefer to keep some in the dark...keep bringing this up and a citation will be issued.
Or just go to the Syracuse.com article and read the comments,

Isn't SOP to put someone on leave while the investigation continues, at least initially?

Does this mean the school has known about the allegations for quite some time?

What a bunch of idiots over there...

Ehhh...as opposed to people on here alluding to another scandal, not posting about it in order to concern the fan base, but then sending the info out to a bunch of inbox's...now that was idiocy at its finest IMO. In the future if the insiders do not have anything to say then they might want to consider not saying anything at all.